Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2023, 08:31 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,742,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Sure, vacation cottages. But I'm assuming the guy who asked the question on this forum wanted a year round home- he didn't say small vacation place off Metacom Ave.
My mistake. Thought the OP was looking at the price point for the investment quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2023, 11:34 AM

24,575 posts, read 18,403,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'd guess that some of the insecure "high rollers" on here probably live in similar sized shacks.

Our house is intentionally small. There's only two of us. Before it was gutted and remodeled, I think "chicken coop" was a better description than "shack".

Old 07-05-2023, 08:57 PM

4,473 posts, read 3,242,671 times
Quote:
I find that ridiculous. Someone who defends blurred and unidentifiable people is simply looking to argue with others. Very sad.
If you find defending them sad, how do you feel about accusing them with no evidence? It's extremely un-American. I'm on the side of truth, justice and the American way, redplum. As long as you continue down that road I will call it out like I'm getting paid to do so - or like you post about crime as if youre being paid to do so. And I take my pretend job as seriously as you take your pretend job. Your choice.

Old 07-06-2023, 12:20 PM

18,067 posts, read 9,413,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
If you find defending them sad, how do you feel about accusing them with no evidence? It's extremely un-American. I'm on the side of truth, justice and the American way, redplum. As long as you continue down that road I will call it out like I'm getting paid to do so - or like you post about crime as if youre being paid to do so. And I take my pretend job as seriously as you take your pretend job. Your choice.
I hope this was tongue in cheek. Otherwise, uhhh....

Old 07-08-2023, 07:28 AM

Quote:
I hope this was tongue in cheek. Otherwise, uhhh....
No, it was completely heartfelt. You know it's wrong when you do it, yet you do it anyway. And I will continue to call it out as is my right, and my duty. Why does it bother you that someone might stick up for a fellow human? Surely it's more honorable than engaging in a baseless attack. You claim to do these crime posts because you care about your fellow Providence residents, but your street view antics evince none of that proclaimed compassion.

Old 07-08-2023, 03:26 PM

Quote:
No, it was completely heartfelt. You know it's wrong when you do it, yet you do it anyway. And I will continue to call it out as is my right, and my duty. Why does it bother you that someone might stick up for a fellow human? Surely it's more honorable than engaging in a baseless attack. You claim to do these crime posts because you care about your fellow Providence residents, but your street view antics evince none of that proclaimed compassion.

You are sticking up for unknown and unidentifiable people. It's just silly. Not to mention that the blurred face people have likely been described accurately.

And frankly, I doubt you'd be able to recognize a hooker or drug dealer in Providence.

Old 07-09-2023, 12:33 PM

Quote:
You are sticking up for unknown and unidentifiable people. It's just silly. Not to mention that the blurred face people have likely been described accurately.
No, what's silly is your habit of baselessly speculating about these people, the residents of Providence you claim to care about.

If you can trash them, I can certainly stick up for them. If you agree to cease those posts, my defense will stop. See how easy that is?

Old 07-09-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
No, what's silly is your habit of baselessly speculating about these people, the residents of Providence you claim to care about.

If you can trash them, I can certainly stick up for them. If you agree to cease those posts, my defense will stop. See how easy that is?
A key point that you chose to not address:

Quote:
And frankly, I doubt you'd be able to recognize a hooker or drug dealer in Providence.

Old 07-09-2023, 01:47 PM

This thread is supposed to be about the "Crazy Rhode Island real estate market". Let's get back on topic.

(And sandsonik, I will continue to comment about Google Street View images. The people seen on Street View often provide insight about the area. This can be helpful. What's not helpful is you throwing a fit and insisting on some type of proof that the people are engaging in illicit activity.)

Old 07-09-2023, 01:56 PM

8,029 posts, read 4,742,805 times
Quote:
Indeed. And, I can only repeat what happens when you wrestle with pigs. And, he's loving it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island