Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 06:14 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,730,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Well you spend an awful lot of time here for a thread you claim to have zero interest in. That you fail at intelligent OT dialogue is another thing, but as we have seen that is nothing unique to this thread.

Back OT, a man was fatally shot on Indiana Ave. last night in the Washington Park section of the city.

That marks Providence's 6th homicide this year. This time last year, I believe there were zero.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...nce-overnight/
Quote:
Multiple people were just shot in South Providence. This happened on Carolina Ave. in the Washington Park neighborhood. No other info. available at this time.

https://www.providencejournal.com/st...erm=news_alert

"PROVIDENCE — Police are at the scene of a shooting on Carolina Avenue, in the Washington Park section of the city, with "multiple people" hit by gunfire, police Maj. David Lapatin said."

This happened last night shortly after midnight. 2 street over from the recent mass shooting, and vehicle stopped just up the street of where a man was shot to death in April over a low level drug deal.

Man in Body Armor Found in Possession of Gun During Traffic Stop, According to Providence Police

https://www.golocalprov.com/news/man...stop-according

"Providence Police say a man wearing body armor was found to be in possession of a gun during a traffic stop overnight -- two streets over from the mass shooting that took place on Carolina Avenue last week. About Incident
Shortly after midnight Thursday morning, police observed a black jeep being on Narragansett Boulevard operated by a subject later identified as Brendon Richmond.
GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST According to police, Richmond was seen not wearing a seat belt -- and also wearing body armor.
Police then conducted a motor vehicle stop in a driveway on Indiana Avenue, and said that upon approaching the vehicle, Richmond could be seen reaching towards the area behind the passenger seat.
Richmond was removed from the vehicle and found by police to be wearing an empty holster as well as a plate carrier.
Police then seized a Ruger Security 9mm from the pocket on the rear of the passenger seat."

Here is a map to give you an idea of where this all went down.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:24 PM

THIS IS INSANE.

Charlesgate North is the "elderly" high rise across from UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS.

Grubhub Driver Makes Delivery After Being Stabbed in Providence, Then Calls Police

https://www.golocalprov.com/news/gru...nce-then-calls

"A Grubhub driver who was stabbed in Providence en route to dropping off a customer’s food reportedly made the delivery, then called 911 to report his injuries. About Incident
Police responded to the Charlesgate North Apartments at 670 North Main Street in Providence on Thursday shortly before 7:30 PM for a report of a stabbing.
GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE -- SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST Upon arrival, police observed a male sitting on the floor of the hallway bleeding from an apparent laceration to the abdominal region.
The victim, a Grubhub delivery driver, told police when he arrived at the address, he entered an elevator, along with two females — and a white male.
He told police the women exited the elevator on the 8th floor, and prior to stopping on the 10th floor, the male in the elevator turned towards him, stabbed him multiple times in the stomach with a pair of scissors, then fled out on the 10th floor.
The victim said he proceeded to go up to the 12th floor to make the food delivery — and once he did, he called 911 to say he had been stabbed. "

Old 05-24-2021, 05:56 PM

4,405 posts, read 3,198,584 times
Those aren't elderly apartments, they are subsidized apartments.

Charlesgate East is elderly, I think.

Weird story, sounds like the guy has PTSD or some mental issue

Old 05-24-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Those aren't elderly apartments, they are subsidized apartments.

Charlesgate East is elderly, I think.

Weird story, sounds like the guy has PTSD or some mental issue

It's (subsidized) senior housing.

https://www.seniorhousingnet.com/sen...i_02904-514576

Old 05-26-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
Oh that's rich. Want to extend an olive branch? Start by calling the neighborhoods by their common names, rather than continually slandering South Providence. Show that you have some understanding of our neighborhoods and the people who live in them--the vast majority of whom have nothing to do with targeted rare violence such as happened in Washington Park.

I hate to break it to you, but it's not just Washington Park that's plagued with street crime. It's ALL of South Providence. Sugarcoat it all you want, but there is not a worse area of Rhode Island. I truly do not fully understand your motive here, whether it's to protect your property value or some bizarre insecurity...it really doesn't matter. Perhaps you've spent time in Detroit or Memphis, and don't find the slums of Providence "all that bad" in comparison. Once again, fine but it's really not the point. The point is that you for years have posted EXTREMELY misleading information regarding some highly problematic neighborhoods, and this can potentially have devastating consequences for some random newcomer who may not have any idea and rely on this forum for relocation info. I will NOT just sit back and let this bad information go unchecked.

For anybody who TRULY wants to get an accurate picture of the vibe in South Providence (which we already know is not a person or two here), I don't think you can get any closer than this. And some of this scenery, you should be very familiar with ormari.

Caution: Foul language present.

"This $#it is too real..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yduR58_tUeU

Last edited by massnative71; 05-26-2021 at 07:14 AM..

Old 05-26-2021, 07:43 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,184,755 times
On the basis of rap videos alone, I'll take South Providence over Warwick.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
A man was found shot dead early this morning on Atlantic Ave. in South Providence. The police just did a press conference at 1 PM. Not a whole lot of information, other than he was a 21-year-old man from Providence. The body was found by a passerby after the fact by a vehicle with the door open. From what I could comprehend, it happened at either 200 or 208 Atlantic Ave. which is within the Elmwood Historic District. No weapon has been recovered yet, although police say they have some leads. An individual was heard asking "that's a rough neighborhood, wasn't there another murder like a block away 4 months ago?". I assume they were referring to the one on Lenox Ave. in December, but there was also that more recent shooting at the Montecristo restaurant on Elmwood Ave.

This would be the 4th homicide of the year for the city.

https://turnto10.com/news/local/prov...n-mans-killing

Three 19-year-olds have been charged in the murder of Isaias Bulus, 21, who was shot to death last month in the Elmwood Historic District.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...-death-in-car/

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Three 19-year-olds have been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a Providence man back in April.
Police said Adauris Garcia and Devonte Lewis, both of Woonsocket, and Yazmin Rivera, of Cumberland, are being held at the ACI for the murder of Isaias Bulus, 21.
Bulus was found shot to death inside a parked car on Atlantic Avenue on April 12, according to police."

While we're on the topic, I thought it was interesting to note that Atlantic Ave. (where murder happened) was one of the locations featured in the above video.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:27 AM

3,799 posts, read 2,698,580 times
Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but it's not just Washington Park that's plagued with street crime. It's ALL of South Providence. Sugarcoat it all you want, but there is not a worse area of Rhode Island. I truly do not fully understand your motive here, whether it's to protect your property value or some bizarre insecurity...it really doesn't matter. Perhaps you've spent time in Detroit or Memphis, and don't find the slums of Providence "all that bad" in comparison. Once again, fine but it's really not the point.
Ha! You still can't get the geography right! Nearly your whole posting history is misinformation. Reading thread after thread, one has to wonder if you could find our tiny state on a map.

Quote:
The point is that you for years have posted EXTREMELY misleading information regarding some highly problematic neighborhoods
You've got that wrong. For more than a decade, you have posted EXTREMELY misleading information regarding our neighborhoods in Providence, Pawtucket, etc. Several of us here are just calling you out. It was my on the ground experience that ran 100% counter the nonsense you post that inspired me to post here.

Readers are advised to think for themselves, treat any opinion on this forum with skepticism, and explore the state for themselves.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
Ha! You still can't get the geography right! Nearly your whole posting history is misinformation. Reading thread after thread, one has to wonder if you could find our tiny state on a map.

You've got that wrong. For more than a decade, you have posted EXTREMELY misleading information regarding our neighborhoods in Providence, Pawtucket, etc. Several of us here are just calling you out. It was my on the ground experience that ran 100% counter the nonsense you post that inspired me to post here.

Readers are advised to think for themselves, treat any opinion on this forum with skepticism, and explore the state for themselves.

Oh CAN'T I???

My geography is perfect, sir. Care to share where you think I erred?

But Ormari...I offered to buy you a drink, not assist you in promoting this self serving agenda of yours that runs counter to reality. You should really take a cue from "J'Duce", he seems a lot more receptive to his surroundings than you are.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:49 PM

8,031 posts, read 4,702,129 times
Quote:
But Ormari...I offered to buy you a drink, not assist you in promoting this self serving agenda of yours that runs counter to reality. You should really take a cue from "J'Duce", he seems a lot more receptive to his surroundings than you are.
Anyone who has actual & intimate knowledge of some of these neighborhoods, you broadly trash, has a "self-serving agenda". How rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.