Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 01:46 AM

33,646 posts, read 37,349,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
AGAIN God compels all the Atheists on this board to gather and discuss Him.

He now compels them to contemplate the metaphorical story of Noah. A metaphor for God warning us that if we do not listen and do what is needed to shield ourselves from bad things that can destroy us, we will suffer and be destroyed...though it is our free choice to "enter into the Ark" (God) or be "outside it", and "suffer and be destroyed". The story illustrates how ALL the evil people and evil things will be destroyed in the end...that being "in Him" (the Ark) is our only chance to be protected from destruction (the flood)...but that we still have the choice of what to do (like the people in the story that could have listened to Noah, but didn't enter the Ark) in regard to how we act.

Keep logging onto this site and posting to these threads...put in more hours, more days, more weeks, more months, more YEARS...put up ANOTHER thousand posts...The power of God compels you...the blood of Christ compels you...the force of the Holy Spirit compels you...you couldn't stop if you tried with all your will...to do so would be to overcome the power of the entire universe. But let not your heart be troubled...you could not be contemplating anything of greater importance than GOD.
Messianic complex?

Old 05-06-2010, 02:00 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,705,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Messianic complex?
Nah! Just noting the empirical evidence of Gods influence...very observable, very repeatable, any others reviewing would come to the same conclusion. And from what I see the "mojo" he's put on some of the Atheists has been going on for YEARS. Oh, He's gotcha...and that's "empirically proven" based on "the evidence".

Old 05-06-2010, 10:01 AM

7,628 posts, read 11,008,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hmmm. my last post several minutes ago disappeared..... A Godly interruption?

No matter. I'll cut to the chase-point.

The Ark? Impossible.

Birds building nests at 15k feet, after flying their nest material up to that elevation, where there's no food with which to feed their nestlings? Impossible. Energy-ineffective. Irrational, and thus Simply just an excuse to explain the straw.

Too many independent participants have now fessed up that this is just a hoax, recently re-hashed. You just chose to buy into it.

As well:

1. Boat too small for necessary genetic & diversity load, given that post-flood evolving is not allowed.

2. Impossible to sustain even the ridiculously inadequate claimed 3700 “types” for 18 months, food & water. For the required billion species, it would have been technically impossible then or even now.

3. Disembarking passengers at 15,000 foot level would have all certainly shortly perished, and in any event could never have made it back home to distant global destinations.

4. Acquisition of all species before the flood was equally impossible,

5. Boat not structurally possible.

6. Small crew of ancient humans totally inadequate to support the species on board.

7. Global inundation would have created intolerable salinity, temperature and humidity changes for marine and fresh water animals.

8. Dinosaurs unaccounted for, but would have wrecked havoc with other species on board.

In other rational words; it was implausible, impossible and unattainable: it couldn’t and didn’t happen.

Oh Rifleman. Please do some basic research here. In Yosemite National Park birds are found nesting at higher than 13,000 feet. And since the Ark they discovered is at 13,000 feet. Your belief that such nesting would be impossible would be wrong. Consider link below.

Yosemite National Park - Birds (U.S. National Park Service)

Often what some consider impossible is proven wrong when all the facts are understood.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,948,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Oh Rifleman. Please do some basic research here. In Yosemite National Park birds are found nesting at higher than 13,000 feet. And since the Ark they discovered is at 13,000 feet. Your belief that such nesting would be impossible would be wrong. Consider link below.

Yosemite National Park - Birds (U.S. National Park Service)

Often what some consider impossible is proven wrong when all the facts are understood.
What Rifleman was saying was that birds that nest at high elevation won't travel several thousand vertical feet down the side to gather nest materials when other options are available higher up the mountain.

Again, you (deliberately?) misunderstood an argument.

I have to ask, do you really believe everything you post, or are you having a laugh in getting people wound up?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
That would be because there are none.

There are none. GLACIERS DONT MELT LIKE THAT AND FORM THAT QUICK.

GLACIERS DON'T MELT LIKE THAT AND FROM THAT QUICK?

I'm sorry, but numerous glaciers do melt like that, such as the one in the link below.

Glaciers Disappear in Before & After Photos | LiveScience

And there are numerous accounts of a melt back of the glacier on Ararat. The accounts do exist, you just ignore them. And most likely that is because you don't want to believe the Ark story, and the reality of the Biblical account. So it appears you will attack anything that confirms it.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry, but numerous glaciers do melt like that, such as the one in the link below.

And there are numerous accounts of a melt back of the glacier on Ararat. The accounts do exist, you just ignore them. And most likely that is because you don't want to believe the Ark story, and the reality of the Biblical account. So it appears you will attack anything that confirms it.
You do realize that those pictures in your link are taken 90 years apart, right?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubblejumper View Post
What Rifleman was saying was that birds that nest at high elevation won't travel several thousand vertical feet down the side to gather nest materials when other options are available higher up the mountain.

Again, you (deliberately?) misunderstood an argument.

I have to ask, do you really believe everything you post, or are you having a laugh in getting people wound up?

I don't need you to explain to me what Rifleman was saying. He clearly stated it would be impossible for birds to nest at 15,000 feet. The Ark found is at 13,000 feet. And it is at an altitude that a bird could nest at. End of story. I did not misunderstand anything. And I fully believe the Biblical account. I'm sorry if others get wound up, when the Biblical account continues to be confirmed.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:29 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,935,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubblejumper View Post
You do realize that those pictures in your link are taken 90 years apart, right?
Of course he does...but he was hoping nobody else would!!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Of course he does...but he was hoping nobody else would!!
I've just realized why there is straw in those pictures of the supposed ark. It's for Campbell to grasp at

Old 05-06-2010, 10:37 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,721,031 times
Quote:

So Campbell, how do glaciers form? Do youknow this? Are you actually trying to convince us that in less than 100 years the glacier has melted off and reformed again and again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality