Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 04:14 AM

7,628 posts, read 11,004,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You need to get real...We are talking about glaciers here. They don't just appear and disappear over a summer...No spider can live on a glacier...Nothing to eat for one thing...Did you watch the video of this so called ark? Did you see and hear the members of the "research" team knocking on the wood? No petrified wood anywhere...

Regarding your previous post ..

We are not talking about ash with this volcano, but a pyroclastic flow is a fast-moving current of hot gas and rock.

Good grief, Campbell even most of your favorite Christian sites are saying it's a hoax.

Has anyone discovered Noah's Ark? - ChristianAnswers.Net

Information on Noah's Ark

UPDATE: Apparently, the whole thing is a hoax (we can't blame the Kurdish villagers for having a bit of fun, can we?) Evangelical Textual Criticism: Noah's Ark found ... again

Has Noah’s Ark Been Found? - Answers in Genesis
Some of the wood in the Ark may not be petrified. Yet still preserved. And as I have told you before, the Ark was not packed with ice in the 1940s.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,717,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well that was good that you got to see other volcanos. However, Ararat was not destroyed by the eruption of 1840. And there is no other record which would indicate the time of it's last eruption. And I was not suggesting that the pitch was used to protect the Ark from a volcanic explosion. I believe it was used as a perserative. The eruption of 1840 killed thousands of people, and did much damage to the Ahora Gorge. Yet Ararat, has remained intacted. Not all volcanos destroy themselves during an eruption.
No they dont always destroy themselves but they can cause huge fissures as Ararat did, and they destroy EVERYTHING on it with volcanic activity, avalanches and quakes like The villages, the monastery of St. Jacob, and a nearby chapel of St. James were all totally destroyed by an earthquake and avalanche in 1840 that accrued with the eruption. 10000 people died. Lava, pyroclastic cloud. Another point, GLACIERS don't melt and come back every year, and spiders don't live in ice no matter how much you want it to. Pitch would do nothing but increase it's burn power.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,438,858 times
Here's one of funniest Noah's Ark scams:

Latest Noah's Ark 'just wood planted on Ararat'

Among the best-known scams is one from 1993, when California actor George Jammal deliberately duped CBS Television and the filmmakers of "The Incredible Discovery of Noah's Ark" into believing he saw and touched the vessel on Mount Ararat.

According to the Internet Movie Database, Jammal "made the hoax as blatant as possible, making up persons with names such as 'the Armenian friend, Mr. Allis Buls Hitian' or 'my dear Polish companion Vladimir Sobitchsky,' and cooking a piece of pine in sauce to present it as 'a piece of the Ark' – and yet his story was presented as the real thing and shown as the key testimony in the video; after some time, humiliating its makers, Jammal publicly revealed the details of his hoax."

Old 05-04-2010, 01:54 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,947,869 times
Quote:
I read the link. The point I was making, was spiders can live at higher altitudes. And since Turkey was home to 711 species of spiders. It is possible, that a spider may of set up shop in the Ark during a warmer time. So, until you do the research confirming that none of the 711 spiders could live in the Ark at 13,000 feet. My arguement stands.

The Checklist of the Spiders of Turkey (Araneae; Arachnida) (http://www.spidersofturkey.com/home.php - broken link)
The only two families on that list that occur above the treeline are Jumping spiders (25 spp.) and Wolf spiders (8 spp.). Some species of wolf spiders spin funnel webs (like in the picture from my previous post) and Jumping spiders don't spin any webs at all. So which one's spinning those webs in the picture?

Not to mention that neither of those families live on glaciers.

Your argument does not stand.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:35 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times
Quote:
There is only one place on earth where the Bible said the Ark landed. And that would be near the very top of Mt. Ararat. For thousands of years eyewitiness accounts speak of the Ark being there. The vessel is reported to be of great size. Russian pilots from around 1917 stated they saw the vessel, and it was shaped like a large barge. And in fact, was the size of a modern day battleship.
Hardly proof....

"eyewitness accounts"(notoriously inaccurate, could be stories, myths , legends, WISHFUL THINKING...) ...... who....when where? proof?

If pilots saw it they would have the coordinates...right???

If it's that big....easy to find again....

Whoa....edited to add PILOTS?....1917 ???? flying what....????

Old 05-04-2010, 04:21 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,676,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Hardly proof....

"eyewitness accounts"(notoriously inaccurate, could be stories, myths , legends, WISHFUL THINKING...) ...... who....when where? proof?

The Fokker DR 1 was in service in 1917, and could reach an elevation of 23,000 feet. But they seem pretty flimsy and had wing problems. I'm not sure they would have held up very well in strong mountain updrafts. I have my doubts about anyone flying over Ararat in 1917. A quick look through Google seems to mostly show loads of Noah's Ark websites in relation to any military airplanes flying over Ararat in 1917. I think that pretty much says it all. LOL!

Fokker Dr 1 Information

Old 05-04-2010, 04:22 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,930,521 times
Quote:
Good catch dude!!

Old 05-04-2010, 05:07 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Thumbs down Noah's ark found on mt. Ararat in eastern turkey

AGAIN?

I'm Spartacus!

Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubblejumper View Post
The only two families on that list that occur above the treeline are Jumping spiders (25 spp.) and Wolf spiders (8 spp.). Some species of wolf spiders spin funnel webs (like in the picture from my previous post) and Jumping spiders don't spin any webs at all. So which one's spinning those webs in the picture?

Not to mention that neither of those families live on glaciers.

Your argument does not stand.

And I keep telling you, the Ark was not always covered by a glacier. It's obvious, you have ignored that part of my arguement. The Ark was not covered with ice in the years 1906, 1917, and in the 1940s, and this may of been the case in other years as well.

Being an adaptable and diverse group of animals, spiders can be found (IN A WIDE VARIETY OF PLACES). When you set out to learn to identify spiders, (REMEMBER THEY CAN BE FOUND ALMOST ANYWHERE!) Spiders can be found in areas including forest, woodlands, (MOUNTAINS), deserts, ect. So please, don't come here telling us that there is no possible way spiders could be found in the Ark.

Identify Spiders: A How-to Guide

Old 05-04-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Hardly proof....

Account that led to the Russian expedition of 1917. Large ship was spotted by Lieutenant Roskovitsky in the summer of 1916, and his account was confirmed a short time later by his captain who was flown over the site as well. Story found on page 3 of the link below.

Mount Ararat: Expeditions Past / Present
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality