Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 10:12 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,005,298 times

Advertisements

I really can't believe this silly ass discussion is still going on.

The ark doesn't exist for one simple reason.There was no Flood.There are exactly ZERO,the BIG O,evidences of a worldwide flood.None.Zip.Nil.Nada.

Therefore,no ark used to escape a nonexistent Flood.It is really no more complicated than that.

But just for fun,here is a question for the ark believers.Why are there no kangaroo species,fossils,or other evidence of a worldwide dispersion of kangaroos before or after Noah's Ark?Did they all live only in Oz before the Flood,and then they all dutifully hopped back to Oz after the Flood and somehow made it across the ocean back home?Why no "roos in Turkey?Or anywhere else in the world?How did they get back to Oz?And why did they survive afterwards only in Oz when they would have been reseeded In Turkey and could have gone in any direction from there?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:57 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,235,254 times
I don't know about that. Scientists are finding salt water fish fossils near the top of mountains all around the world. as for the claim of finding the ark, im begininng to become a little suspicious because it was "found" by a religious group and one of the pictures showed straw in it. Straw would have decomposed thousands of years ago and the straw in the photo look like it was fresh.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:02 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,005,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I don't know about that. Scientists are finding salt water fish fossils near the top of mountains all around the world

Um,yeah,but go do some actual research as to why.It isn't because they were under water due to a flood.

Hint:Research the ancient Tethys Ocean and see where it is at now.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:05 PM

As for the Noah's ark story, most people don't know that it was based on a much older story told by the ancient Summerians who also talked of a great worldwide flood with a man building a boat saving all the animals.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:07 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,966 times
Interesting.....but this "discovery" would have to be verified by some notable scholars, archeologists historians etc. Sadly so much is lost in the politics of research involving biblical or other religious sites or artifacts relating to some event in scripture.

Recent studies have shown, hypothesized, that the Mediterranean and the Black Sea were both inundated when land bridges broke and huge valleys were flooded......There is speculation by some that numerous settlements lie buried under water on the bottom of both seas....but finding and documenting such sites will be difficult. Perhaps in the near future when the hyper-politics fades a bit....and technology improves there will be methods to find such places if they do exist. Perhaps there is an "Atlantis" down there.
While the flood story bears further study (legends and stories often are at least partially founded in truth) the odds of a ship being cast more than half way up a huge mountain are pretty slim.....but this does not necessarily negate the possibility of a "flood" event....and stories of survival....in some other place....

Old 05-07-2010, 11:10 PM

it has been said that the Noah story was actually based on a real event where a farmer with a little fishing boat survived a local flood. The story then grew bigger over the thousands of years

Old 05-07-2010, 11:14 PM

494 posts, read 890,968 times
Quote:
I don't know about that. Scientists are finding salt water fish fossils near the top of mountains all around the world.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:18 PM

33,566 posts, read 37,168,881 times
Quote:
I don't know about that. Scientists are finding salt water fish fossils near the top of mountains all around the world. as for the claim of finding the ark, im begininng to become a little suspicious because it was "found" by a religious group and one of the pictures showed straw in it. Straw would have decomposed thousands of years ago and the straw in the photo look like it was fresh.
I thought that almost everybody knew how mountain building takes place, and that most mountains were once sea bottom. I have climbed local mountains, and guess what I found...sea shells! The earth is constantly changing. Years ago I drilled a well on a piece of property I purchased and at 180 feet the drill started bringing up lots of sand and bits cedar that smelled as cedar should...It was obvious to me that the drill had hit an ancient beach. The beaches here are littered with driftwood, the most common being Red Cedar.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:28 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,127,428 times
Credulousness, thy name is Campbell.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:56 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe.....Carl Sagan

Noahs Ark Ministeries Speak Out.

Are rumors more scientific than solid evidence?

It is you sanspeur who has rejected the evidence, and not the other way around. And I believe you have rejected this evidence because of your need to reject the God of the Bible, and His written Word.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/content01.php - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality