Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 06:04 AM

7,628 posts, read 11,019,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
it has been said that the Noah story was actually based on a real event where a farmer with a little fishing boat survived a local flood. The story then grew bigger over the thousands of years
If the story grew over thousands of years, how do you explain the large vessel we now see on Mt. Ararat? The Noah's Ark Ministeries confirm that the vessel is not somekind of fake set. Consider the link below.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/content04.php - broken link)

Old 05-08-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I really can't believe this silly ass discussion is still going on.

The ark doesn't exist for one simple reason.There was no Flood.There are exactly ZERO,the BIG O,evidences of a worldwide flood.None.Zip.Nil.Nada.

Therefore,no ark used to escape a nonexistent Flood.It is really no more complicated than that.

But just for fun,here is a question for the ark believers.Why are there no kangaroo species,fossils,or other evidence of a worldwide dispersion of kangaroos before or after Noah's Ark?Did they all live only in Oz before the Flood,and then they all dutifully hopped back to Oz after the Flood and somehow made it across the ocean back home?Why no "roos in Turkey?Or anywhere else in the world?How did they get back to Oz?And why did they survive afterwards only in Oz when they would have been reseeded In Turkey and could have gone in any direction from there?
So, how did that large vessel found on Mt. Ararat get there? You know, the one they just discovered at an altitude of 13,000 feet? The one that the Turkish authorities and the latest Exploration team has confirmed is there. There really is evidence for a flood, just as there is evidence for mans existance with dinosaurs. However such evidence is filtered out of all public school curriculum. So todays students are only getting one side of the story. And we are living in such a world of denial, that even the existance of Noah's Ark is now being ignored by most. And those who have actually been inside of it and have been taking pictures of it, are being called liars.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/release.php - broken link)

Old 05-08-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I won't say that the ark didn't exist (even though Noah's story was based on an even earlier Sumerian one). But don't you find it strange that there isn't a single wooden vessel from that time period anywhere else on the planet? And it's not like the ark spent the last 2500 years in a protected glass case inside a museum.
I would say the Ark spent most of the last 5,000 years packed in ice. And the conditions of volcanic ash helped to preserve it. And in fact, that is why God allowed the Ark to land on a Volcano in the first place. And that is also why God gave us the Arks location. So that future generations would be able to see the truth of the Bible revealed.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/release.php - broken link)

Old 05-08-2010, 07:41 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,021,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So, how did that large vessel found on Mt. Ararat get there? You know, the one they just discovered at an altitude of 13,000 feet? The one that the Turkish authorities and the latest Exploration team has confirmed is there. There really is evidence for a flood, just as there is evidence for mans existance with dinosaurs. However such evidence is filtered out of all public school curriculum. So todays students are only getting one side of the story. And we are living in such a world of denial, that even the existance of Noah's Ark is now being ignored by most. And those who have actually been inside of it and have been taking pictures of it, are being called liars.

Simple.They have not found a large vessel there.It is only your imagination that believes it to be so.Most Christian researchers do not even believe that they have.But you choose to dismiss even these guys as sour grapes deniers.

In short,you will believe what you will believe even when you have no evidence,or have tons of evidence that your belief has been disproven.Facts do not matter to you.You believe what your faith tells you you should believe,and deny any solid evidence to the contrary and grasp at even the most ridiculous shreds of evidence that might give even the tiniest spark of proof to what you have already decided you believe.

And you will obviously choose to simply deny things that make no sense to you,like the kangaroos.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Simple.They have not found a large vessel there.It is only your imagination that believes it to be so.Most Christian researchers do not even believe that they have.But you choose to dismiss even these guys as sour grapes deniers.

In short,you will believe what you will believe even when you have no evidence,or have tons of evidence that your belief has been disproven.Facts do not matter to you.You believe what your faith tells you you should believe,and deny any solid evidence to the contrary and grasp at even the most ridiculous shreds of evidence that might give even the tiniest spark of proof to what you have already decided you believe.

And you will obviously choose to simply deny things that make no sense to you,like the kangaroos.
Most Christian researchers are still stuck in their armchairs. How would they know that anything was found up there? And when both the Turkish authorities, and six members of a Hong Kong expedition came back with pictures and video. Yes, I do believe them. You must believe they are all liars. Is that correct? Because it appears to me, they are the ones who have the solid evedince now. And it is you, who is ignoring that. And most of those who deny the expedition teams discovery, do so based on what Randall Price said. Yet the expedition leaders asked Randall Price to appear with then on a news show. And guess what? He refused to do so. It appears he can deny their discovery, yet he cannot appear in person to voice why. I'm not denying anything, I believe you are. And you deny it, even when the evidence is present. And as far as Randall Price goes. The expedition team feels sorry for his comments, which were based on rumors.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/content01.php - broken link)

On page 4. of the link below. They show the seven rooms found in the Ark that they have already axcesed.
http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/release.php (broken link)

Old 05-08-2010, 09:12 AM

33,647 posts, read 37,386,698 times
It only took the Worldnutdaily a couple days to figure out that their latest breathless article about Noah's Ark having been found yet again was nonsense. Turns out even other creationists and ark hunters have long known it was a hoax....

Quote:
"This is not Noah's Ark," adds Bob Cornuke of the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration Institute. "This is a fake. It's a fraud and it's of the highest caliber according to what I can assess from the evidence and talking to eyewitnesses and people from Turkey."

Old 05-08-2010, 09:14 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,021,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Most Christian researchers are still stuck in their armchairs. How would they know that anything was found up there? And when both the Turkish authorities, and six members of a Hong Kong expedition came back with pictures and video. Yes, I do believe them. You must believe they are all liars. Is that correct? Because it appears to me, they are the ones who have the solid evedince now. And it is you, who is ignoring that. And most of those who deny the expedition teams discovery, do so based on what Randall Price said. Yet the expedition leaders asked Randall Price to appear with then on a news show. And guess what? He refused to do so. It appears he can deny their discovery, yet he cannot appear in person to voice why. I'm not denying anything, I believe you are. And you deny it, even when the evidence is present. And as far as Randall Price goes. The expedition team feels sorry for his comments, which were based on rumors.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/content01.php - broken link)

On page 4. of the link below. They show the seven rooms found in the Ark that they have already axcesed.

Yes,I am denying they have found THE Ark.When someone claims to have found Santa Claus's workshop at the North Pole,or the Easter Bunny's hole,I will deny them also,and will not need to wait for researchers to confirm whether or not they have.You focus on the wrong thing.They have found,supposedly,a wood structure on Ararat,So what?You,in your overwhelming desire to believe it is the ark,ignore any and all rational evidence against it being such.But what cannot be denied is that there is no evidence for the flood that made the ark necessary.What's there could be a hoax.Or it could be an ancient herder hut.Or an animal shelter.Who knows?But it is as irrelevant as wondering if a shack found at the NP could possibly be remnants of Santa's workshop.There is NO Santa's workshop,therefore anything found at the NP will not be it.Likewise,there is NO evidence of a worldwide flood,therefore there was no ark which housed all the animals in the world.

But again,you are desperate to believe so anything that shows you different will be ignored.We will revisit this in 6 months when it has been proven a hoax,or simply an old dwelling of some kind.And in 2 years when they claim to have found the real ark THIS time,you again will believe,because you have to.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It only took the Worldnutdaily a couple days to figure out that their latest breathless article about Noah's Ark having been found yet again was nonsense. Turns out even other creationists and ark hunters have long known it was a hoax....
Bob Cornuke does not believe it is Noah's Ark, because he believes he found Noahs Ark. Yet his location does not agree with the Bible. And I have yet to see any real evidence of his discovery. Why is that? And Randall Price another Ark hunter, wants to find the Ark next year. So both of these men have vested intrest, and do not want to believe the Hong Kong expedition found the Ark. Both these men appear to be self motivated glory seekers. And now suffering from sour grapes. And neither one of them offer us any real evidence to confirm their beliefs. And for that matter sanspeur, you offer us no real evidence for your denials either.

Turns out other creationists and ark hunters have long known it was a hoax. BASED ON WHAT?

At least Noahs Ark Ministries is willing to come on camera to confirm their discovery. Appears your other Ark hunters are camera shy. Wing-Cheung Yeung speaks of Randall Prices comments.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Yes,I am denying they have found THE Ark.When someone claims to have found Santa Claus's workshop at the North Pole,or the Easter Bunny's hole,I will deny them also,and will not need to wait for researchers to confirm whether or not they have.You focus on the wrong thing.They have found,supposedly,a wood structure on Ararat,So what?You,in your overwhelming desire to believe it is the ark,ignore any and all rational evidence against it being such.But what cannot be denied is that there is no evidence for the flood that made the ark necessary.What's there could be a hoax.Or it could be an ancient herder hut.Or an animal shelter.Who knows?But it is as irrelevant as wondering if a shack found at the NP could possibly be remnants of Santa's workshop.There is NO Santa's workshop,therefore anything found at the NP will not be it.Likewise,there is NO evidence of a worldwide flood,therefore there was no ark which housed all the animals in the world.

But again,you are desperate to believe so anything that shows you different will be ignored.We will revisit this in 6 months when it has been proven a hoax,or simply an old dwelling of some kind.And in 2 years when they claim to have found the real ark THIS time,you again will believe,because you have to.
How many herders huts are over 400 feet long, and orginally found 15,000 feet above sea level on a volcano? This is where a history of what is up there is necessary to understand what was found there. Who could build such a hut in ancient times without oxygen? I'm not desperate, I'm useing common sense. This discovery is only irrelevant to you, because you are desperate not to believe the Biblical account. I have told people all along that the only place the Ark would be found is near the top of Mt. Ararat. And everyone here told me that nothing would ever be found there. Yet because I believed the Biblical account, my belief has been revealed as true. Now the best you guys can do, is go into your denials, and continue to claim everyone from the Turkish government, to the team from Hong Kong is lying. Your belief is not based on evidence, it is based on personal opinion. And your belief can only be supported by ignoring the evidence presented. Page 4. of the link below, pretty much dismisses the belief of a herders hut. At the bottom of that page it shows the seven rooms already discovered in this large vessel.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:43 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,732,054 times
Guys, Campbell will NEVER admit it is a hoax. Even if the people came forward and admitted it is a hoax, he would still deny it. Too scary for him. He has ignored all the evidence that shows it clearly is a hoax, and he will continue to not matter what anyone says or shows him. We should probably stop entertaining his fantasies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality