Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 03:55 PM

7,628 posts, read 11,008,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Well said. But I'd go further. I don't believe for a second Campbell actually is serious. The fevered pitch of his postings and the defensiveness all point to someone who is baiting people for his own entertainment. Don't take it too seriously. Because I'm sure he isn't.
You would be wrong if you thought I did not believe they found the Ark of Noah. The fact is, I have had a number of encounters myself over the years with the God of the Bible. So what others here believe is impossible, I know this is often how God works.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:57 PM

268 posts, read 459,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The fact is, I have had a number of encounters myself over the years with the God of the Bible.
Can you elaborate?

Old 05-08-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
In other words, you're basing it entirely on what you've read and seen on the internet about "their personal accounts" (he said, she said). What were you saying earlier? "Most Christian researchers are still stuck in their armchairs. How would they know that anything was found up there?" Isn't that what you're doing - armchair research? How do YOU know anything was found up there? Or at least as you presume to have been found?

Look, I realize you whole-heartedly believe the Ark is up there and that the most recent findings are hard evidence of it. Or at least, you're hoping that to be the case. But setting aside for a moment of whether the Ark was ever up there or not, what would be convincing to you that the recent findings is not of the Ark, and further, that's it's no longer up there, or maybe was never up there?

Others assume it is a hoax. These people together confirm their beliefs together because of their joint experience. When scientist go to the spot which this group will reveal to them, and if nothing was found there. Then I would believe they lied to us. Yet, I just don't see that happening. I personally believe the video and still shots. I believe the Turkish authorities, and the Noahs Ark Ministeries. Only time will tell.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet11 View Post
Can you elaborate?
My first encounter with God occured around the year 1971. I had just failed a job interview, and came home and was on my way up the stairs to my bedroom. When I got halfway up the stairs. God spoke to me in a voice I could understand. All He said was. "Tom, you did everything but pray about getting a job." Now for some reason, I did not really think about hearing His voice, yet continued up the stairs but went into my mothers bedroom. I then knelt down by her bed and said this very simple prayer. I adressed Christ and said. Jesus, you know that I need a job, and Jesus whatever happens now will be because of you. And as soon as I said the (A) of Amen. The phone next to me began to ring. When I picked up the receiver, the man on the other end of the line told me he had just picked up some paper work from off of his desk that I had left there from two weeks before. He then asked me if I could start work for their company the next Monday morning at 8 A.M. I was still on my knees, when I accepted his offer. It is such encounters over the course of my life that has convinced me, that the Bible is true. And when the Bible tells us that Noah's Ark landed on the highest mountain of the mountains of Ararat. You can believe that.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:52 AM

40,048 posts, read 34,739,909 times
Are you happy now, Violet?

Old 05-09-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
My first encounter with God occured around the year 1971. I had just failed a job interview, and came home and was on my way up the stairs to my bedroom. When I got halfway up the stairs. God spoke to me in a voice I could understand. All He said was. "Tom, you did everything but pray about getting a job." Now for some reason, I did not really think about hearing His voice, yet continued up the stairs but went into my mothers bedroom. I then knelt down by her bed and said this very simple prayer. I adressed Christ and said. Jesus, you know that I need a job, and Jesus whatever happens now will be because of you. And as soon as I said the (A) of Amen. The phone next to me began to ring. When I picked up the receiver, the man on the other end of the line told me he had just picked up some paper work from off of his desk that I had left there from two weeks before. He then asked me if I could start work for their company the next Monday morning at 8 A.M. I was still on my knees, when I accepted his offer. It is such encounters over the course of my life that has convinced me, that the Bible is true. And when the Bible tells us that Noah's Ark landed on the highest mountain of the mountains of Ararat. You can believe that.
Maybe I should have been clearer with my question, because there is absolutely nothing in your story to indicate that the God who spoke to you is the God of the bible or that Noah's ark ever existed. Unless of course the voice went on to say "By the way Tom, this is the God from the bible" or "The bible is all true, Tom".

You can believe your experience proves whatever man made doctrine you want. But that does not make it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Are you happy now, Violet?
I'm always happy. But if you're wondering whether Campbell's post proved to me that the God of the bible is real, the answer would be no.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:18 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,707,308 times
Hay Campbell, your god didn't sound anything like this did he? If he did I suggest you quit listening to Bill Cosby .....

YouTube - Bill Cosby Noah2

Old 05-09-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Maybe I should have been clearer with my question, because there is absolutely nothing in your story to indicate that the God who spoke to you is the God of the bible or that Noah's ark ever existed. Unless of course the voice went on to say "By the way Tom, this is the God from the bible" or "The bible is all true, Tom".

You can believe your experience proves whatever man made doctrine you want. But that does not make it so.

I'm always happy. But if you're wondering whether Campbell's post proved to me that the God of the bible is real, the answer would be no.

It was Jesus Christ who I adressed, what other God could it of been?
And Jesus Christ is the only God I have ever followed. On another occasion God spoke to me in the night and said. "Tom, if you contine to follow me. I will take care of you. And Tom, I love you." The only God I have ever followed, was Jesus Christ.

I recall another time I was called into work for overtime. When I got out of my truck. I simply said. "Jesus I love you". As I started to cross the street, I saw this red balloon blowing wildly in the wind. It would go up very high, and then very low. As I got near the plant gate, the balloon came down and started to move in a side ways motion just behind the gate. Suddenly this ten inch ballon shot forward and pushed itself through a four inch opening in the gate, and it almost hit me in the face. Yet I caught the balloon in my hands. And when I turned the balloon over, printed on the other side of it were the words. "I LOVE YOU". The world has no intrest in God, they are for the most part dead to Him. And that is why the God of the Bible tells us, that most of the world is lost. The world does not seek evidence for God, they only look to dismiss, to deny, or to ignore Him.

And the God of the Bible, Jesus Christ told us that Noahs Ark really did exist. And maybe that is why they have discovered it on the top of Mt. Ararat in recent days. Of course this discovery is just another thing the world can dismiss, deny, or ignore.
NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/release.php - broken link)

Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
It was Jesus Christ who I adressed, what other God could it of been?
And Jesus Christ is the only God I have ever followed. On another occasion God spoke to me in the night and said. "Tom, if you contine to follow me. I will take care of you. And Tom, I love you." The only God I have ever followed, was Jesus Christ.

I recall another time I was called into work for overtime. When I got out of my truck. I simply said. "Jesus I love you". As I started to cross the street, I saw this red balloon blowing wildly in the wind. It would go up very high, and then very low. As I got near the plant gate, the balloon came down and started to move in a side ways motion just behind the gate. Suddenly this ten inch ballon shot forward and pushed itself through a four inch opening in the gate, and it almost hit me in the face. Yet I caught the balloon in my hands. And when I turned the balloon over, printed on the other side of it were the words. "I LOVE YOU". The world has no intrest in God, they are for the most part dead to Him. And that is why the God of the Bible tells us, that most of the world is lost. The world does not seek evidence for God, they only look to dismiss, to deny, or to ignore Him.

And the God of the Bible, Jesus Christ told us that Noahs Ark really did exist. And maybe that is why they have discovered it on the top of Mt. Ararat in recent days. Of course this discovery is just another thing the world can dismiss, deny, or ignore.
NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/release.php - broken link)
It was probably a mistake for me to ask. Sometimes I forget that not all people are capable of critical thinking. Some are only capable of swallowing everything they are taught and regurgitating it. What you've done is jump to a conclusion that verifies your personal view of God, when in fact God never told you that the bible was true (let alone the ridiculous story of Noah's ark ).

Suffice it to ask that if there is a God, isn't it possible that there could be more than one way to channel him/it? People of other faiths than christianity and the bible also claim to have heard the voice of god and experienced divine intervention.

To you Jesus represents the divine, so you experience "God" as Jesus and as the God of the bible - because that's all your mind will allow for. You are underestimating the power of your creator (and making him out to be a terrible monster) if you limit your view of God to the bible.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
It was probably a mistake for me to ask. Sometimes I forget that not all people are capable of critical thinking. Some are only capable of swallowing everything they are taught and regurgitating it. What you've done is jump to a conclusion that verifies your personal view of God, when in fact God never told you that the bible was true (let alone the ridiculous story of Noah's ark ).

Suffice it to ask that if there is a God, isn't it possible that there could be more than one way to channel him/it? People of other faiths than christianity and the bible also claim to have heard the voice of god and experienced divine intervention.

To you Jesus represents the divine, so you experience "God" as Jesus and as the God of the bible - because that's all your mind will allow for. You are underestimating the power of your creator (and making him out to be a terrible monster) if you limit your view of God to the bible.

And yet, can you explain why in countries where the Christian faith is not allowed to be taught, Muslims who search for God, and in increasing numbers are telling us that Jesus Christ is appearing to them in dreams and visions. And He is telling them, He is the way. How has their Muslim faith affected their critical thinking? Christians are not having Allah appearing in their dreams. Why are numerous Muslims starting to see Jesus in theirs?

Lausanne World Pulse - More Than Dreams: Muslims Coming to Christ Through Dreams and Visions
Muslims Are Seeing Jesus During Ramadan « Afghanjohn’s Weblog
Filipino Muslims "see Jesus" after Ramadan
Muslims on West Bank (Palestine) SAW Jesus Christ - AOL Video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality