Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM

7,628 posts, read 11,000,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How about addressing what I posted on the other thread Campbell...I've been waiting..
They will be the first to tell you, the Ark was found buried under rock, lava, and ice. And that is why they had to tunnel down to it. Mt. Ararat is of great size, so to assume that the Ark would be destroyed by an eruption would not necessary be the case. Also, Dr. Ahmet Ozbek who is a Turkish geologist explained that the conditions on Ararat is what helped to preserve it. He said the fact that the wood structure was found higher than 4,000 meters, along with the low temperatures, and the environmental conditions which included (VOLCANIC MATERIAL) helped in it's preservation. It appears to me from the Biblical account, it was intended to be presevered from the very beginning. And that is why God told Noah in Genesis 6:14, that he should cover the inside, and the outside of the Ark with pitch. I could see putting pitch on the outside as a sealant. Yet, why would he have to put pitch on the inside?

Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,715,013 times
Ok Campbell, I was in the area when Mt Saint Helens blew, NOTHING LEFT, things recently just started growing back Been to Hawaii to see that active volcano as well. Let me tell you this, NOTHING wood especially, would survive that. Pitch is not going to protect it from a volcanic explosion.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And based on their reports, there must be an entire fleet of Arks up there. They find them in completely different places, describe them in completely different ways, never seem to be able to go back and find them again, and invariably fade back into unsupported anecdote.

I have been there. It is the most heavily climbed mountain in that part of the world.

And yet still, all we have are stories. Lots and lots and lots of stories.

That would not be my assumption at all. But it is definitely my conclusion.

Most of the Ark sightings have come to us, only during the hottest of summers. Yet most of the time, the Ark is covered in ice. And even this latest group had to tunnel down to it. And the Ark has been describe in different ways, because some of the stories came to us before the Ark broke up into three or four sections. People can climb the mountain all the time. Yet if the Ark was buried, few would ever find it. And it has been many years since the mountain has experience such a melt off. And if your conclusion is a belief that everyone is lying, I suspect there are few people you could ever trust. I would find it hard to believe that there are so many responsible people now involved with this discovery, and they are now all going to destroy their reputations for an obvious lie. And if it is a lie, it would be a lie that would soon be revealed.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:27 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,901,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Most of the Ark sightings have come to us, only during the hottest of summers. Yet most of the time, the Ark is covered in ice. And even this latest group had to tunnel down to it. And the Ark has been describe in different ways, because some of the stories came to us before the Ark broke up into three or four sections. People can climb the mountain all the time. Yet if the Ark was buried, few would ever find it. And it has been many years since the mountain has experience such a melt off. And if your conclusion is a belief that everyone is lying, I suspect there are few people you could ever trust. I would find it hard to believe that there are so many responsible people now involved with this discovery, and they are now all going to destroy their reputations for a lie.
The problem is, Campbell, that we're being asked to accept something that (as I've pointed out in previous posts) has little-to-no possibility of actually being plausible.

You're asking us to believe that scientists discovered Noah's Ark -- yet I can reliably recall at least three other occasions where the famed Ark has been 'discovered', and the only thing that changes are the names of the scientists involved at the time.

How many times are we going to discover and re-discover this archaeological treasure? Are the previous finds somehow 'reburied' so that future scientists can dig them up? Because they can't *all* be genuine...

Old 05-03-2010, 07:04 PM

33,638 posts, read 37,321,773 times
Quote:
They will be the first to tell you, the Ark was found buried under rock, lava, and ice. And that is why they had to tunnel down to it. Mt. Ararat is of great size, so to assume that the Ark would be destroyed by an eruption would not necessary be the case. Also, Dr. Ahmet Ozbek who is a Turkish geologist explained that the conditions on Ararat is what helped to preserve it. He said the fact that the wood structure was found higher than 4,000 meters, along with the low temperatures, and the environmental conditions which included (VOLCANIC MATERIAL) helped in it's preservation. It appears to me from the Biblical account, it was intended to be presevered from the very beginning. And that is why God told Noah in Genesis 6:14, that he should cover the inside, and the outside of the Ark with pitch. I could see putting pitch on the outside as a sealant. Yet, why would he have to put pitch on the inside?
Buried under lava? How would that work? How much ice do you think would survive an eruption? I don't know what you think pitch would do to protect the ark from the heat of an eruption, as pitch is much more flammable than wood... Ararat is a stratovolcano, formed of lava flows and pyroclastic ejecta. I hardly think a wood structure would somehow escape being converted to ash.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Buried under lava? How would that work? How much ice do you think would survive an eruption? I don't know what you think pitch would do to protect the ark from the heat of an eruption, as pitch is much more flammable than wood... Ararat is a stratovolcano, formed of lava flows and pyroclastic ejecta. I hardly think a wood structure would somehow escape being converted to ash.
It wouldn't, not a chance.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,132,617 times
Default Cobwebs in the Ark?

Quote:
Most of the Ark sightings have come to us, only during the hottest of summers.
Of course. Have you ever spent a winter in eastern Anatolia? I have. I tell you, it's no picnic. Nobody even goes outdoors in the winter if they can avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Yet most of the time, the Ark is covered in ice.
That would require it to actually be there. I would contend that all of the time the Ark is covered in nothing at all. This is the most heavily climbed mountain in that part of the world. There is nothing there.

Quote:
And even this latest group had to tunnel down to it.
Well... about that....

I hope you took a good look at the pictures they released.

You see those? Those are cobwebs. Do you know where it is impossible for spiders to live and spin cobwebs? At 14,000 feet in a glacier. You know where they're claiming to have found the Ark? At 14,000 feet in a glacier

Quote:
And if your conclusion is a belief that everyone is lying, I suspect there are few people you could ever trust.
Oh, I trust lots of people. Just not many Christian evangelists.

Quote:
I would find it hard to believe that there are so many responsible people now involved with this discovery, and they are now all going to destroy their reputations for an obvious lie. And if it is a lie, it would be a lie that would soon be revealed.
What reputations? Where had you ever heard of any of these people before this?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:35 PM

it is not like the glacier melts during the summer Campbell and reforms during the winter. Do you even know what a Glacier is?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:48 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,674,688 times
In addition to the cobwebs, seems the Ark has a few other trinkets scattered around, like straw that looks a little too fresh for something as old as the Ark.

Noah's Ark remains 'discovered' up a mountain in Turkey | Mail Online

Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Ok Campbell, I was in the area when Mt Saint Helens blew, NOTHING LEFT, things recently just started growing back Been to Hawaii to see that active volcano as well. Let me tell you this, NOTHING wood especially, would survive that. Pitch is not going to protect it from a volcanic explosion.

Well that was good that you got to see other volcanos. However, Ararat was not destroyed by the eruption of 1840. And there is no other record which would indicate the time of it's last eruption. And I was not suggesting that the pitch was used to protect the Ark from a volcanic explosion. I believe it was used as a perserative. The eruption of 1840 killed thousands of people, and did much damage to the Ahora Gorge. Yet Ararat, has remained intacted. Not all volcanos destroy themselves during an eruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality