Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 02:09 PM

7,628 posts, read 11,019,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
So what if it was just one man,if in fact it was?The figurines are clearly visible in pictures as being too pristine.You have not disproven a single one of the points I made,choosing instead to try and make it seem that they cannot be true because they are the results of one man's investigation.

And you are wrong about the dating.Later tests have proven the figurines are recent.But then the pro figurine people just claim that these are being falsified because people don't want the true dating known.LOL!

People like you choose to believe and nothing much will convince you different.It is all quite laughable,and shows the completely unscholarly and unscientific mindset of those who choose to so readily accept such hoaxes.

Ica Stones,Delk track footprints,El Toro figurines.What's next,Santa Claus,the Easter Bunny,and the Tooth Fairy somehow prove the existence of Noah's Ark?

Sad.

Again, can you give us the name of the lab, and the date showing us that testing revealed the figurines were of a recent orgin? You keep making these statements, yet you provide us with no evidence to back up your claim. WHY IS THAT?

I will be convinced by evidence presented, and not by empty statements that are based on no evidence prsented. Please, can you show us what later test show us the figurines are recent?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:24 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,662,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Warning, he's linking to yet another delusional site, creation.com this time. You don't suppose they would have an agenda now do ya?

How about something that has the least bit of credibility there Tom?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No, you don't have ANY answers. You have a fable, you have your deluded view of what is utterly impossible, but in hundreds of posts on this topic you have not produced a single verifiable shred of evidence to support your fairy tale.
I have the eyewitiness accounts of numerous people from many years who have seen the Ark, and have been inside the Ark. We have pictures of the Ark from afar, and from inside. You must be in great denail, if you now are forced to believe that everyone of these people are lying to you. The Bible tells us, the Ark is on Mt. Ararat. They have pictures of the Ark, we have people showing you videos and still shots of it. Scientist and others will soon be going back there to consider this find. As the link below states, the belief that the Hong Kong Team were victims of a hoax, is getting harder to sustain. And the CMI staff who have been in contact with this group for years now, can vouch for their integrity. If the story of the Ark was a fable, we would not find so many details of the Biblical account in so many oral traditions around the globe. And if the Ark story was a fable, we would not have people walking around the seven rooms of a large boat like structure 14,000 on Mt. Ararat. My view is not deluded at all. It is based on the fact that historically the Bible has proven itself to be both true, and accurate. And it is being proven true again, by those who believe, and have discovered the Ark on Mt. Ararat.

Is it Noah's Ark?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:40 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,662,614 times
Quote:
I have the eyewitiness accounts of numerous people from many years who have seen the Ark, and have been inside the Ark. [/url]
A fool affirming a fools delusion, is NOT proof of anything aside from the number of fools is greater than many people believe.

Why are the true explorers not all over this. National Geographic, National Science Foundation, Smithsonian, etc. etc.

You have some greedy people lying so they can make some money by selling 'tours' to fools.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:00 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,517,762 times
I was watching a NatGeo special last night about an Ark that was found on Mt. Ararat sometime before 2009. Not even 10 minutes into it, they pointed out the biblical Ark would have been impossible to build because the technology didn't exist.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:06 PM

9,496 posts, read 12,986,670 times
Default This just in....

apparently the turkish Government would appreciate being kept in the loop.

Culture Ministry launches investigation over Noah's Ark claims...

Culture Ministry launches investigation over Noah’s Ark claims

On Mt. Agri! Just another name for Ararat? Well.....nope:

Because, it turns out (Tom! Pay attention now!) their find is NOT on Ararat, as you've been claiming:

"The group made the discovery, not at the traditional Mount Ararat site in eastern Turkey, but in the Elburz Mountain range north of Tehran in northern Iran."

So... what of all those inerrant "eyewitness reports" you've been spewing on about, tom? Just wishful illusion it seems.

Got an answer to this "little ooopsey" problem, or will we have to endure more of your embarrassed silence again? Concession time?

Hmmm. Absolutes tend to fail, absolutely.

Or, put another way: "The hopes and dreams of our lives crumble around us, like ash and dust": rifleman© 2010.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:09 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,021,122 times
Quote:
Again, can you give us the name of the lab, and the date showing us that testing revealed the figurines were of a recent orgin? You keep making these statements, yet you provide us with no evidence to back up your claim. WHY IS THAT?

I will be convinced by evidence presented, and not by empty statements that are based on no evidence prsented. Please, can you show us what later test show us the figurines are recent?

To be honest,I grow tired of trying to raise you out of your ignorance.You quote delusional creationist sites that are downright laughable,and then request the names of the labs that did the later tests on the figurines?Can we say double frickin standards?If you wish to believe in this silliness,then have at it.After nearly 600 posts of watching you dismiss solid evidence with completely laughable rebuttals,I simply don't care if you remain in your ignorance.Nothing will convince you otherwise,because you have made your mind up according to a childish interpretation of the Bible and will reject any and all evidence otherwise because you are afraid to consider it,due to the fact that you being wrong throws your entire belief system into a tailspin.Believe as you will.Believe in the Tooth Fairy if you wish,believe the earth is flat.believe what you wish.But it is a sad fact that you will remain less educated on scientific principles than a typical 6th grader.And considering that you are a supposedly mature adult,that is a sad situation.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
A fool affirming a fools delusion, is NOT proof of anything aside from the number of fools is greater than many people believe.

Why are the true explorers not all over this. National Geographic, National Science Foundation, Smithsonian, etc. etc.

You have some greedy people lying so they can make some money by selling 'tours' to fools.

According to David Ducksworth, the National Geographic, and Smithsonian have been to the Ark three times. Consider the link below on page 3. Paragraph 4. Now must we assume that Mr. Ducksworth is another liar?

Searching for Noah's Ark by Bruce L. Gerig

Old 06-06-2010, 04:12 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,517,762 times
Urban Legends About the Smithsonian | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian Magazine

Quote:
Myth #2: The Smithsonian mounted an excavation to find Noah’s Ark at Mount Ararat.

Fact:
The Smithsonian has never conducted archaeological work on Mount Ararat; in fact, no one knows whether the mountain is indeed the site of Noah’s Ark.

Backstory: According to the Book of Genesis, after the flood, Noah’s Ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. This description has led many people to focus their search for the Ark on modern-day Mount Ararat (also known as Mount Masis and Agri Dagi), in Turkey. Furthermore, aerial photographs of the site reveal a strange formation, known as the Ararat Anomaly, which some speculate is the Ark.
So yes, lying.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
To be honest,I grow tired of trying to raise you out of your ignorance.You quote delusional creationist sites that are downright laughable,and then request the names of the labs that did the later tests on the figurines?Can we say double frickin standards?If you wish to believe in this silliness,then have at it.After nearly 600 posts of watching you dismiss solid evidence with completely laughable rebuttals,I simply don't care if you remain in your ignorance.Nothing will convince you otherwise,because you have made your mind up according to a childish interpretation of the Bible and will reject any and all evidence otherwise because you are afraid to consider it,due to the fact that you being wrong throws your entire belief system into a tailspin.Believe as you will.Believe in the Tooth Fairy if you wish,believe the earth is flat.believe what you wish.But it is a sad fact that you will remain less educated on scientific principles than a typical 6th grader.And considering that you are a supposedly mature adult,that is a sad situation.

Those creationist sites are laughable to you, because I believe you don't know very much. I have had encounters with the God of the Bible, and I can tell you. Much of what you believe is false. I have given you names of some of the labs that tested the figurines. Why can't you give me the name of the lab you claim proves them to be of a recent orgin? Maybe because you can't, and your statement was false?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality