Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,724,321 times

Advertisements

That's just it sanspeur, Campbell can't.

If he accepted that Noahs Ark was just a myth, then he would have to admit that the Bible is not the infallible word of God, but just a collection of highly dubious tales written & devised by mortals.

If you took him to the top of Mt Ararat, & proved beyond any doubt that Noah's Ark was not there, he still would'nt accept it, he's just not capable of it.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:29 AM

7,628 posts, read 11,024,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ah yes.........

".......the exact location is not revealed in order to protect site integrity from vandalism or looting."

........convenient to say the least!!

One can only wonder why all important archaeological sites are not so treated.

It is common often to protect such sites by not revealing their locations. Yet, also in Wisconsin are four pyramids submerged at the bottom of rock lake, which I find far more impressive then a rock road. And if your willing to put on a dive suit, you could see them yourself. I believe such sites are ignored because they do not agree with established scientific beliefs. And so, they often remain ignored just like so many other archaelolgical finds.

The Rock Lake Pyramids

Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
That's just it sanspeur, Campbell can't.

If he accepted that Noahs Ark was just a myth, then he would have to admit that the Bible is not the infallible word of God, but just a collection of highly dubious tales written & devised by mortals.

If you took him to the top of Mt Ararat, & proved beyond any doubt that Noah's Ark was not there, he still would'nt accept it, he's just not capable of it.

You are correct albion, yet when the Bible has never been proven wrong, why would I doubt it now? Of course I have to admit, I have had some real encounters with the God that authored it. So I know it is true.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:46 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,518,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You are correct albion, yet when the Bible has never been proven wrong, why would I doubt it now? Of course I have to admit, I have had some real encounters with the God that authored it. So I know it is true.
Science and History in the Bible
A List Of Biblical Contradictions
Is the Bible inerrant -- free of error

Old 06-10-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Where does it say anything about "water from the flood"?
The orginal question was. Where did all the water from the flood go? The Bible states the water receded. Where else could the water recede to if not into the earth? Popular belief was that most of the water will be found in the oceans. The link in question states, this is not the case.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 AM

LOL. Did you go to your local athiest site to find this nonsense? I have taken on such questions for years now. And most of them can be easily explained away. However, the topic is Noahs Ark. Maybe you should start another post that would adress such, and I'm sure we could adress such their.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
LOL. Did you go to your local athiest site to find this nonsense? I have taken on such questions for years now. And most of them can be easily explained away. However, the topic is Noahs Ark. Maybe you should start another post that would adress such, and I'm sure we could adress such their.
There is a local atheist site? Crazy, I'll have to get that from you. And not surprisingly, you can always apply a little handwavium and get out of any quandary.

If your argument is that the Bible is never wrong, so the flood story must be true--and it can be shown time and time again that the bible is frequently wrong both internally and externally, does that not directly affect the accuracy of the flood story?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
There is a local atheist site? Crazy, I'll have to get that from you. And not surprisingly, you can always apply a little handwavium and get out of any quandary.

If your argument is that the Bible is never wrong, so the flood story must be true--and it can be shown time and time again that the bible is frequently wrong both internally and externally, does that not directly affect the accuracy of the flood story?

Of course the flood story is true, and that is why the group from Hong Kong has already been in seven rooms of the Ark of Noah on Mt. Ararat. The only one's who believe the Bible is untrue, are those who work at ignoring the obvious evidence, or the details of the written Word. And that is why so many here are pretending the find on Ararat does not exist.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/release.php - broken link)

Old 06-10-2010, 02:23 AM

Campbell, nobody here is denying they "found" something on Ararat. But the evidence and the testimony is against it being the Ark, not to mention the entire problem you have answering simple questions like--well, every scientific and rational problem with the story.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:02 AM

33,647 posts, read 37,398,374 times
Quote:
I am programmed to accept the truth, not ignore it
....Now that is the best laugh I've had this month....You have that basakwards there Tom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality