Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,884,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post

I know that it comes from my Heavenly Father because I am very close to Him and I am receiving His Divine Love in my soul every day.

Actually, You BELIEVE it to come from your so called heavenly father, this is precisely why it is called a "religious belief" not a "religious knowledge" and prayer in school forces the beliefs of adults onto the minds of children. Every person has the right to their beliefs, they do not have the right to force those beliefs on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 12:24 PM

430 posts, read 584,418 times
re: SoCalAngel's commentary about "My God..."

Making such definitive statements is typical of those who loudly chant at you, ears covered, yelling about "My God"....

Their beliefs are defined and maintained by a total intolerance for any other belief, even those with excellent empirical evidence.

Such modern, well documented evidence and information is then categorically denied by Christians, or treated with utter distain, no matter how well-done the research. The alternate is to ram some prayer down the minds of innocent school kids in the hopes of achieving.... what, we may well ask?

That this will create faith or belief? Or just plain fear of God?

Much better! Let's go with that last one!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,713,716 times
No, only disorganized school prayer--like that done on test days.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,650,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No, only disorganized school prayer--like that done on test days.
I agree

Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,168,268 times
Well, if you all think saying a silent five minute affirmation, "Thank you Father for your love" is bad... you're not going to like what I posted on the Christianity forum the other day. Since I am so close to my Father, you know what He said... "I love all of my darlings." That He loves every one of us, whether we are good, bad, or indifferent, and expresses it in this fashion... well, like I said before... it speaks volumes about Him and His level of tolerance and compassion.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:40 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,724,348 times
Quote:
Well, if you all think saying a silent five minute affirmation, "Thank you Father for your love" is bad...
It's not bad, it just has no place being forced onto other people's children using the power of the state. You're more than welcome to "say a silent affirmation" (whatever that means) as often as you'd like. What's bad is getting government enforcers to bend everyone to your will. Big difference between the two.

Last edited by KCfromNC; 02-02-2010 at 07:58 AM..

Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,648,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
You're more than welcome to "say a silent affirmation" (whatever that means) as often as you'd like. What's bad is getting government enforcers to bend everyone to your will. Big difference between the two.
...And that's the problem in a nutshell. People who believe this is the way to go insist that everyone else has to follow their lead. You can't make 'em understand that not everyone holds to the same beliefs. Some [involuntary shudder] subscribe to none at all!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:52 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,884,433 times
Quote:
Well, if you all think saying a silent five minute affirmation, "Thank you Father for your love" is bad... you're not going to like what I posted on the Christianity forum the other day. Since I am so close to my Father, you know what He said... "I love all of my darlings." That He loves every one of us, whether we are good, bad, or indifferent, and expresses it in this fashion... well, like I said before... it speaks volumes about Him and His level of tolerance and compassion.
This is a belief, in and of itself it is not bad, but NO belief structure, neither theistic nor atheistic has any legitimate place in the school rooms.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 AM

430 posts, read 584,418 times
Wait... here! I found it! The ideal situation. Notice how everyone seems to be getting along, all chanting the same happy refrain together. Of course, if you don't agree, we haf anozer alternatif for you...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9NNc1xDXaO...itlerYouth.jpg

Zo.. all togezer now.... PRAY!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:35 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,168,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
This is a belief, in and of itself it is not bad, but NO belief, neither theistic nor atheistic has any legitimate place in the school rooms.
Of course, I understand where you are all coming from as it is your desire to allow a police presence on campus... which to me is unacceptable.

But you know what... for all we know, a silent affirmation like this may already be happening in the classrooms and people are keeping mum about it.

I learned from my daughter the other day that when she played high school basketball, her team said a silent prayer before each game and they were given several choices, not just one. This was at a pubic high school about 12-15 years ago... in SoCal no less... which makes this story even sweeter.

I don't remember her telling me at the time, but you know what... I'm happy they did. She never set foot in a church when she was growing up and she wasn't subjected to any errors or false teachings... especially that our Heavenly Father hates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality