Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Although I hesitate to bring up something as controversial as politics in such a peaceful forum - it is possible that tonight will bring about a seismic shift in the USA's domestic and foreign policies. And naturally, when an economic and political giant alters course - so must others in its path and its wake.

So tonight, I wish for wisdom to trump negative advertising - for voters to follow their hearts and minds, and should those two be at war - let the heart win out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Although I hesitate to bring up something as controversial as politics in such a peaceful forum - it is possible that tonight will bring about a seismic shift in the USA's domestic and foreign policies. And naturally, when an economic and political giant alters course - so must others in its path and its wake.

So tonight, I wish for wisdom to trump negative advertising - for voters to follow their hearts and minds, and should those two be at war - let the heart win out.

Good words..wa-do

Old 11-11-2012, 07:13 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
This made me laugh................

Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times

Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 AM

YouTube - Taps Buglers at Arlington National Cemetery,

Day is Done - YouTube

Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Four Old Kiowa Songs - YouTube

Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin

Aho Mitakuye Oyasin... All my relations. I honor you in this circle of life with me today. I am grateful for this opportunity to acknowledge you in this prayer...
To the Creator, for the ultimate gift of life, I thank you.
To the mineral nation that has built and maintained my bones and all foundations of life experience, I thank you.
To the plant nation that sustains my organs and body and gives me healing herbs for sickness, I thank you.
To the animal nation that feeds me from your own flesh and offers your loyal companionship in this walk of life, I thank you.
To the human nation that shares my path as a soul upon the sacred wheel of Earthly life, I thank you.
To the Spirit nation that guides me invisibly through the ups and downs of life and for carrying the torch of light through the Ages. I thank you.
To the Four Winds of Change and Growth, I thank you.
You are all my relations, my relatives, without whom I would not live. We are in the circle of life together, co-existing, co-dependent, co-creating our destiny. One, not more important than the other. One nation evolving from the other and yet each dependent upon the one above and the one below. All of us a part of the Great Mystery.
Thank you for this Life.

Mitakuye Oyasin - YouTube

To all my relations........thank you for being part of my life......and making my life possible.........

Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 PM

Wa-do tso-s-da-nv-tli...
(thank you, my brother)

Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Thank You Goodpasture my friend,

Just made me think-- a Medicine wheel is one circle, but it is made of 4 colors.

Yes, we are one. We all have the same creator, we all came from the same beginning.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM

519 posts, read 78,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin

Aho Mitakuye Oyasin... All my relations. I honor you in this circle of life with me today. I am grateful for this opportunity to acknowledge you in this prayer...
To the Creator, for the ultimate gift of life, I thank you.
To the mineral nation that has built and maintained my bones and all foundations of life experience, I thank you.
To the plant nation that sustains my organs and body and gives me healing herbs for sickness, I thank you.
To the animal nation that feeds me from your own flesh and offers your loyal companionship in this walk of life, I thank you.
To the human nation that shares my path as a soul upon the sacred wheel of Earthly life, I thank you.
To the Spirit nation that guides me invisibly through the ups and downs of life and for carrying the torch of light through the Ages. I thank you.
To the Four Winds of Change and Growth, I thank you.
You are all my relations, my relatives, without whom I would not live. We are in the circle of life together, co-existing, co-dependent, co-creating our destiny. One, not more important than the other. One nation evolving from the other and yet each dependent upon the one above and the one below. All of us a part of the Great Mystery.
Thank you for this Life.

Mitakuye Oyasin - YouTube

To all my relations........thank you for being part of my life......and making my life possible.........
Wa-do Goodpasture. Words of wisdom which should be part of everyone's basic philosophy. Sadly, many among my people (Caucasian) do not understand these simple yet profound basic truths. We all walk the same path, all peoples of this planet, yet so many are strangers. To be human, one must also consider his/her responsibility to our brothers and sisters. The Creator is the architect of The Great Mystery, and He would have ALL His people come together in a spirit of love and forgiveness to attain the greater understanding of mankind's place in the Mystery. With so much of the world consumed by their own "wants", they turn their backs to the real reason we are all together in this time. Brothers and sisters of the world, I implore you to listen. Listen to your heart-mind, for it is here you will find truth. The natural mind will be too pragmatic, too refined to allow the spirit to speak. Listen with your heart. Mother earth cries out from horrendous scarring and wounding of her soul. The natural forces which are integral to The Great Mystery are in turmoil, leaving many without personal direction. Listen to your hearts! Listen WITH your hearts! See the world through your heart, not your eyes, and see the truth that is there.
For we are all connected, not one is left behind. We are all The Great Mystery, and we all seek our own goals. Let us come together, tribal nations and we "visitors" to this great nation, in a spirit of communion, where one is not above or below the other, but as equals, as our Great Grandfather first established the "Sacred Circle". Let us come together to refine our collective goals to heal the Great Rift in the fabric of the environment. We MUST act together, for time is short. Most who read this will not understand their place in the Mystery. It is our responsibility to help them understand before time expires.

Peace and blessings to you, my tribal brothers and sisters. May the Great Creator bless your path and keep you in His infinite love.

Thank you, dear brother Goodpasture for your prayer. Our Creator delights in His children having the understanding, and I am personally thankful to have had the opportunity to speak. My words come from my heart, as put there by the Great Grandfather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality