Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

The world has lost a great light in the human form of Nelson Mandela,he was a great leader for his people and the people of the world and now his spirit will shine even brighter throughout all the world.

Nelson Mandela was a leader of all people, he was an example for all leaders. A man like him only comes around once in a lifetime. I am saddened by his passing but I am encouraged by the legacy he left behind. Let us hope that all the leaders of other countries throughout the world learn from him.osay

No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. They must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more natural to the human heart than its opposite.
Nelson Mandela.

Last edited by ptsum; 12-06-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 11:40 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
The world has lost a great light in the human form of Nelson Mandela,he was a great leader for his people and the people of the world and now his spirit will shine even brighter throughout all the world.

Nelson Mandela was a leader of all people, he was an example for all leaders. A man like him only comes around once in a lifetime. I am saddened by his passing but I am encouraged by the legacy he left behind. Let us hope that all the leaders of other countries throughout the world learn from him.osay

No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. They must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more natural to the human heart than its opposite.
Nelson Mandela.
I also am an admirer of Nelson Mandela. He is an excellent example that a True Warrior defeats the temptation to hate.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:36 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I also am an admirer of Nelson Mandela. He is an excellent example that a True Warrior defeats the temptation to hate.
Mandela, and Desmond Tutu, serve as further proof that The Greatest Generation was world-wide.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:14 PM

Danistahohihv..........pronounced...Dah-nees-dah-hoe-hee-huh.... Which means Merry Christmas in Tsalagi.....

Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times

Stuck in the Smoke Hole of our Tipi. - YouTube

Old 12-23-2013, 07:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
i will its christmas.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:49 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
(All of us at Casa Nighteyes grew up sayin' "Y'all") So, "May Santa's sleigh hit a bump tonight, and shower y'all with all kinds of presents!"

May the best of The Season be with you, your families, loved ones, friends and neighbors. May there truly be Peace on Earth and goodwill to all.

-- Nighteyes

Old 12-24-2013, 01:57 PM

2,515 posts, read 5,027,226 times
Here's the Christmas carol for comics fans, from Walt Kelly's classic strip Pogo:

(to the tune of Deck the Halls)

Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla Walla, Wash, and Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,
Swaller dollar cauliflower Alleygaroo!
Don't we know archaic barrel,
Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou.
Trolley Molly don't love Harold,
Boola Boola Pensacoola Hullabaloo!

Old 12-24-2013, 02:01 PM

Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life all the world, hear me, I am small and weak, I need your strength and wisdom Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset. Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice. Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught All people. Let me learn the lessons that you have hidden in every leaf and rock. I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother/sister, but to fight my greatest enemy--- myself. Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.So when life fades,as the fading sunset, my Spirit may come to you without shame.

I offer this prayer to all of mankind in the hopes that one day that all of mankind will one day sit in peace and harmony. osay

Danistahohihv my brothers and sisters.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
A wonderful prayer, ptsum. Thank you.

Thanks to all my grandmothers and grandfathers, mother and father, brothers, sisters, lovers, friends.

Best wishes to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality