Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2022, 10:05 AM

29,554 posts, read 9,748,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
if it is entertainment that i seek i would go elsewhere the quality is greater and without the ickyness and drama.
it takes great skill and training and education to absorb the unloading of mental and emotional trauma. the listener can be equally traumatized. i do not believe this the best forum for it. because we are not trained or qualified to help.
Entertainment comes in many forms...

I suspect you take this forum far more seriously than I do either way, but I have sometimes put on my Executive Coaching "hat" in this forum when it seemed some of the training and experience as an Executive Coach might help someone else here. That's not so much entertainment per se but interesting if not somewhat rewarding for me at times. There's the learning. The fun. The humor. Bit of many things actually.

Otherwise, don't get me wrong. The entertainment here is not as good as the entertainment I can get elsewhere. I think we're going to see the new "Top Gun" movie tomorrow if my wife has her way. That might be more the sort of entertainment you are referring to by comparison, and I agree.

As for the "trauma," I'm not sure there is all that much trauma going on here, but of course this is an open forum for anyone to use as they see fit. I certainly don't feel much in the way of concern or responsibility about such things, though I try not to worsen anyone's problems here if I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You have no "facts"...just your biased & miserable opinion of those that believe things you don't, and your "opposing view" that they shouldn't.
Why miserable?

That's not nice let alone agape love!

Old 05-25-2022, 10:09 AM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Similar to what I have asked about freeing the Jews from the Egyptians. Instead of all the plagues and having to part the Red Sea, couldn't god have just put the Egyptians to sleep for a few days?
Think how boring the movie would have been.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:26 AM

50,903 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Think how boring the movie would have been.
I actually did think about that when I posted. Cecil B Demille would have been devastated!

Old 05-25-2022, 10:44 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,660,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Why miserable?

That's not nice let alone agape love!
When did I say I was "nice"?
I know what I view as "nice", and others here are very "nice"...I'm probably not, and never said I was.
HOWBOWDAH?

Old 05-25-2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That you seem to think that applies in only one direction is what I find amusing. You are as "cemented" as anyone in the forum.
There you go again Mystic "the stir stick."

When did I ever suggest any such thing?

Old 05-25-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
When did I say I was "nice"?
I know what I view as "nice", and others here are very "nice"...I'm probably not, and never said I was.
HOWBOWDAH?
Okay then...

Why "miserable?"

Nice or not.

Strongly getting that feeling it's time for me to move onto other things now. So I think I will. Perhaps until tomorrow. Here's to how screwed up the world is regardless who or what is responsible! Cheers!

Old 05-25-2022, 01:12 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,944,262 times
Think of how one man could bring an end to most life if not all life on earth if he wanted to and how the Christian pagan god would be powerless to stop him from doing it because stopping him would be encroaching on Putin's free will to destroy the world. One can see how the dogma of man's free will so dogs the Christian religion to the point that Christians get trapped in their own spider web trying to argue such nonsense.

Old 05-25-2022, 01:48 PM

16,006 posts, read 7,056,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, without opposing (and factual) views, the quality would deteriorate, because you would be left in an ego echo chamber. But fortunately for the world, this forum is not just for you.
Neither is it just for you. It is for anyone who is interested in discussing religion and spirituality, and not interested in religion, spirituality, and atheism. Since you prefer the latter, i have no interest in your opinions, views, or anything you have to offer. If i were i would visit atheism forum more often.

Old 05-25-2022, 01:50 PM

16,006 posts, read 7,056,509 times
Quote:
You have no "facts"...just your Moderator cut: personal insults opinion of those that believe things you don't, and your "opposing view" that they shouldn't.
I always presumed the moderator’s comments are only visible to the poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality