Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2022, 12:40 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,339,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
They're not Christians at all. Do I need to re-post badlander's post to which my reply was directed?
You are correct however they have as much faith in their religion as you have on yours. You think you are correct however they just as strongly believe that they are the correct ones. That is a problem with using faith to determine what is correct. Whereas accepting a scientific theory or law is not basef upon faith but acceptance only after it has been tested over and over again. And may change with new discoveries.I

Not saying faith is bad but trying to showing a diffetence between believing based on faith and accepting based on evidence.

Goung back to the other poster, lots of Christians accept evolution based upon evidence. If your God guided or did not guide evolution would be faith based as there is of course no evidence that God did or did not guide evolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 12:51 PM

16,728 posts, read 15,731,369 times
If you keep posting about evolution (particularly all the misinformation), which is a topic for the Science forum, this thread will be closed. The topic for this thread is: God bears full responsibility for how screwed up the world is.

Old 04-27-2022, 12:53 PM

13,697 posts, read 8,009,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You are correct however they have as much faith in their religion as you have on yours. You think you are correct however they just as strongly believe that they are the correct ones. That is a problem with using faith to determine what is correct.
I don't dispute that, and I never claimed that faith should be used to determine what is correct.

Old 04-27-2022, 02:14 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,963,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
See my previous post.

As I said, the world is broken. You are still expecting a perfect world.

Yeah, why not. The world would be a better place to live. Why wait for pie in the sky by and by when you die? Why not get your pie now with ice cream on top?

Old 04-27-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yeah, why not. The world would be a better place to live. Why wait for pie in the sky by and by when you die? Why not get your pie now with ice cream on top?
Because you are a failure. You and you alone are to blame. You messed up the world.

How can you presume to blame God for your own failures?

God owes you nothing, and you owe God everything.

You ought to pay up while you have the chance.

Old 04-27-2022, 02:29 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,963,369 times
Quote:
Because you are a failure. You and you alone are to blame. You messed up the world.

God's the one with all the power. I didn't do anything to create the mess. It was already beyond human repair when I got here. Don't all problems flow upward to the guy sitting in the head office. Why doesn't he step in like any good boss would and fix the mess instead of skipping out of town like an irresponsible derelict CEO?

Old 04-27-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
God's the one with all the power. I didn't do anything to create the mess. It was already beyond human repair when I got here. Don't all problems flow upward to the guy sitting in the head office.
Yes you did. You do it every day. You're doing it now. And no to your question.

Quote:
Why doesn't he step in like any good boss would and fix the mess instead of skipping out of town like an irresponsible derelict CEO?
He did. Maybe you were too busy being a ****up to notice.

Old 04-27-2022, 02:53 PM

50,985 posts, read 24,476,005 times
Quote:
Yes you did. You do it every day. You're doing it now. And no to your question.

He did. Maybe you were too busy being a ****up to notice.
Let's face it, Thrillobye...you are more powerful than their god.

Old 04-27-2022, 03:22 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,339,457 times
Quote:

How can you believe this except for your faith and its belief in fallen man?

And I do not blame a God as I do not have a belief in one but you credit God for all good and man for all failure and that is entirely based upon your faith.

Humans deserve all the credit and all the blame for actiins by humans and not everyone is equally to blame or deserve of the credit.

Sorry but your last sentence reads as an empty threat.

Old 04-27-2022, 03:58 PM

20,090 posts, read 13,546,429 times
Quote:

Ad Hominem attacks ... the last resort of those without an actual argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality