Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 03:31 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,140,651 times

Advertisements

I dislike all religions equally, so please take this with a grain of salt. I'll put this strictly in advertising/marketing terms.

I've always felt the better the "product," the less the need for advertising. When's the last time you saw a Vespa commercial on television? Never, I'm sure. Those who are in the know, don't need the hard sell.

Along those lines, maybe Jews have the better product. No need to tout it. Jews, am I wrong here? Chime in.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:18 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,215,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I dislike all religions equally, so please take this with a grain of salt. I'll put this strictly in advertising/marketing terms.

I've always felt the better the "product," the less the need for advertising. When's the last time you saw a Vespa commercial on television? Never, I'm sure. Those who are in the know, don't need the hard sell.

Along those lines, maybe Jews have the better product. No need to tout it. Jews, am I wrong here? Chime in.
Beacon...

Old 04-11-2015, 05:32 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,223,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post

I can definitely appreciate the angle. ...but gosh they are all pretty flimsy products.

But since the NT is in part based on the OT...I guess I'd have to say it does have more staying power. Even if it is the more repulsive of the 2.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
I can definitely appreciate the angle. ...but gosh they are all pretty flimsy products.

But since the NT is in part based on the OT...I guess I'd have to say it does have more staying power. Even if it is the more repulsive of the 2.
The Christian Old Testament is not the Hebrew TaNaKh...Even though they wish you to believe that it is...It is a translation set up to bolster their agenda...The translations are set up to look as if they were prophecies of the Moshiach, however, if you read them in their original Hebrew or an accurate English translation you will notice glaring differences...I am not saying that the Christian tribe did not start out as another sect of Judaism, because that much can be seen from historical observations written around that time, but what it has become, especially since 325 A.D., is a far cry from Judaism...

Old 04-12-2015, 06:04 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,311,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have found that what is often called the "Hebrew Bible" is the OT translated into Hebrew and that translated back into English along side the Hebrew text.
the OT is not the Tanakh which many non-Jews do not comprehend.

I am not Jewish, but I am still very much aware the OT is not an interpretation of the Tanakh, it is a revised translation made to support the NT.
No...not really. We do have some actual Hebrew texts of the OT. Not just translations from the Greek.

Masoretic Text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-12-2015, 06:24 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,234,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No...not really. We do have some actual Hebrew texts of the OT. Not just translations from the Greek.

Masoretic Text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree the real Hebrew texts are available.
But sadly what I have often found to be called a "Hebrew Bible" is simply the OT translated into Hebrew.
Such as what is found at "Bible Gateway "

https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/

Which is a very good source for finding the Bible in different languages

But even with the actual Tanakh, simple translations are not very accurate. One needs to go by the opinions of recognised Jewish Scholars that are knowledgeable in the oral tradition.

Hebrew like Arabic does not translate well into other languages.
To get an accurate understanding requires the commentary of the Jewish Scholars

Old 04-12-2015, 06:38 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,303,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Christian Old Testament is not the Hebrew TaNaKh...Even though they wish you to believe that it is...It is a translation set up to bolster their agenda...The translations are set up to look as if they were prophecies of the Moshiach, however, if you read them in their original Hebrew or an accurate English translation you will notice glaring differences...I am not saying that the Christian tribe did not start out as another sect of Judaism, because that much can be seen from historical observations written around that time, but what it has become, especially since 325 A.D., is a far cry from Judaism...
ALL the Jewish scripture point to a Moshiosh Messiah. The Feast Days ARE to have Fulfillment's. Christianity's whole premise in Claim to Jesus. Was that HE was the promised Messiah. The realization became sealed in his death, Resurrection and return to Heaven.

Once the Temple and Nationhood were taken and then the Dispersion became reality from the Land of Israel. All continuing Fulfillment's STOPPED. Only since a remnant of the scattered Tribes in the World began a return since Nationhood. Did basically the Prophecy clock started ticking for the Original Chosen. Sign to REBUILD the Temple is waited upon. Orthodox Jews still expect MOSHIACH to COME.

It less relevant to claim Catholicism added much to original Christianity? The Reformation began eliminating most Traditions claimed were adopted? Though some do have Temple ones.

BUT FOR 2000 YEARS. CHRISTIANITY CONTINUED TO SPREAD IN THE WORLD. JUDIAISM MERELY CONTINUED AMONG THOSE WHO HAD LINAGE AND ROOTS AMONG THE TRIBES OF ISRAEL? NEVER RECIEVING FIRTHER FULLLFILLMENTS TILL NATIONHOOD BEGAN THE REMNANT OF THE TRIBES RETURN. JEWS DO SEE A PUNISHMENT DID COME TO THE FOR DISOBEDIENCE. BUT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS AS MOSHIACH.

Until Jews have a legitimate Moshiach to claim? Christians will maintain it was Jesus Yeshua Christ Messiah all along. Nothing has happened to give any reason to them not to. Even if the Temple... as a prefabricated one is built? Even if the Dome of the Rock was destroyed to make room for one? Christians will still maintain Jesus was Messiah.....merely even MORE... THEY WILL SEE JESUS RETURN IS MORE EMINENT THEN EVER.

It is easy though to see if The Dome of the Rock was destroyed? Even if by a earthquake abnd natural disaster? The Islamic world would be up in Arms? To see Israel build a Temple again there. Easy to see a Armageddon type battle coming then more the ever too.

Though Christians, do see Jesus death fulfilled the animal Sacrificial System for Sins of the people. That the Temple had? They Would accept a Temple Rebuilt...... But NOT A RETURN TO ANIMAL SACRIFICING AGAIN. BECAUSE THAT WOULD THEN BE BLASPHEMOUS TO CHRISTIANS because of what Jesus death fulfilled.

JEWS CAN MAINTAIN THE OLD TESTEMENT OF THE BIBLE IS PURVERTED AND MISTRANSLATED? STILL......NO OTHER MOSHIACH HAS BEEN MAINTAINED HAS COME FOR THEM YET IN FULLFOLMENTS.

Christianity has NO Reason to break from Jesus as being the CHRIST (Messiah) all along GIVEN TO ISRAEL. AS THE ORIGINAL CHOSEN ....AND TO BE THE PEOPLE TO TAKE THE GOD OF ABRAHAM TO THE WORLD. CHRISTIANS SEE THEY THEN.....ARE WHO BECAME THE ONES, BY CLAIMING JESUS..... WHO DID.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
ALL the Jewish scripture point to a Moshiosh Messiah. The Feast Days ARE to have Fulfillment's. Christianity's whole premise in Claim to Jesus. Was that HE was the promised Messiah. The realization became sealed in his death, Resurrection and return to Heaven.

No, no, no...Not ALL Jewish scripture, you mean ALL Christian scripture...

Quote:
Though Christians, do see Jesus death fulfilled the animal Sacrificial System for Sins of the people. That the Temple had? They Would accept a Temple Rebuilt...... But NOT A RETURN TO ANIMAL SACRIFICING AGAIN. BECAUSE THAT WOULD THEN BE BLASPHEMOUS TO CHRISTIANS because of what Jesus death fulfilled.
Again...HaShem considers human sacrifice an abomination...And no one can die in the place of another...

Quote:
JEWS CAN MAINTAIN THE OLD TESTEMENT OF THE BIBLE IS PURVERTED AND MISTRANSLATED? STILL......NO OTHER MOSHIACH HAS BEEN MAINTAINED HAS COME FOR THEM YET IN FULLFOLMENTS.
Well, it is...You can see that for yourself...

Quote:
Christianity has NO Reason to break from Jesus as being the CHRIST (Messiah) all along GIVEN TO ISRAEL. AS THE ORIGINAL CHOSEN ....AND TO BE THE PEOPLE TO TAKE THE GOD OF ABRAHAM TO THE WORLD. CHRISTIANS SEE THEY THEN.....ARE WHO BECAME THE ONES, BY CLAIMING JESUS..... WHO DID.
I didn't suggest that you do break from your myth based fairytale...I merely said in other replies do not say it is an offshoot of Judaism because it is a far cry from Judaism...

The Jews are still G-d's chosen ones...Not Christians...

Old 04-12-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:

BTW, Where does it state that he RETURNED to Heaven?...

Old 04-13-2015, 11:51 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,303,202 times
Quote:
No, no, no...Not ALL Jewish scripture, you mean ALL Christian scripture......
I merely meant by Jewish scripture, The OT of the bible taken from them.
Quote:
Again...HaShem considers human sacrifice an abomination...And no one can die in the place of another...
I didn't suggest that you do break from your myth based fairytale...I merely said in other replies do not say it is an offshoot of Judaism because it is a far cry from Judaism...
The Jews are still G-d's chosen ones...Not Christians...
Jesus did not die for merely another man. But Christians still maintain JESUS FULLFILLED ANIMAL SACRIFICE? BY BEING OF GOD AND MAN(Flesh) and BECAME FOR ALL MANKIND. OUR PERFECT FINAL SACRIFICIAL LAMB. Including Passover.
You said NO MORE sacrificing? But YOU CAN'T CLAIM IT WAS FULLFILLED? JUST STOPPED BY THE TEMPLE DESTROYED.

Christians NEVER CALL JUDAISM, a myth based fairytale.... But is based from it in claim JESUS was and IS THE MOSHIACH THE ORIGINAL REJECTED.
After all, it is through Israel and His covenant people that God gave us everything we Christians hold spiritually dear!

Paul gave us the OLIVE TREE LESSON as to know WE CLAIMING JESUS WERE GRAFTED INTO THE OLIVE TREE (ISRAEL) AS THE WILD OLIVE BRANCHES WHILE THE NATURAL BRANCHES(Jews) WERE BROKEN OFF FOR DISOBEDIENCE AND REJECTION OF MESSIAH There is only one tree, not two, and we "wild branches" have been privileged to drink in new life from the cultivated, established tree. ACCORDING TO PAUL IN ROMANS.

COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE (CJB). ROMANS 11:11-12, 16-18, 22, 24-25.

11 “In that case, I say, IT IS NOT....that they have stumbled with the result that they have permanently fallen away?” GOD FORBID ! Quite the contrary, it is by means of their stumbling that the deliverance has come to the Gentiles, in order to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Moreover, if their stumbling is bringing riches to the world — that is, if Isra’el’s being placed temporarily in a condition less favored than that of the Gentiles is bringing riches to the latter — how much greater riches will Isra’el in its fullness bring them!
16 Now if the hallah offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole loaf. And if the root is holy, so are the branches.
17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you — a wild olive — were grafted in among them and have become equal sharers in the rich root of the olive tree,
18 then don’t boast as if you were better than the branches! However, if you do boast, remember that you are not supporting the root, the root is supporting you.
22 So take a good look at God’s kindness and his severity: on the one hand, severity toward those who fell off; but, on the other hand, God’s kindness toward you — provided you maintain yourself in that kindness! Otherwise, you too will be cut off!
23 Moreover, the others, if they do not persist in their lack of trust, will be grafted in; because God is able to graft them back in.
24 For if you were cut out of what is by nature a wild olive tree and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these natural branches be grafted back into their own olive tree!

25 For, brothers, I want you to understand this truth which God formerly concealed but has now revealed, so that you won’t imagine you know more than you actually do. It is that stoniness, to a degree, has come upon Isra’el, until the Gentile world enters in its fullness; 26 and that it is in this way that all Isra’el will be saved. As the Tanakh says,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.