Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,526 times

Advertisements

[FONT='Times New Roman']If you want to understand the art of cooking, you don't read make-up books, or automobiles books, you read cooking articles and books. If you want to understand Christians, I encourage you to read the Bible. We do not worship a "different God", we worship THE ONLY God there is. The first 5 books of the Bible (called the Koran, used by Jewish and Muslims too) says everything about the real God we Christians worship. Besides that, what makes us different from the rest of the world is that we do believe that all of the prophecies of the Old Testament were fulfilled in Jesus Christ birth. There are more than 300 prophecies in the Bible that have been fulfilled in Jesus. He is the One God we Christians worship, different from "the other Gods" because we believe in Jesus as God of the universe, as God Himself coming to us to save us, God (Jehovah) and Jesus like one, the trinity, while the rest of the world is still waiting for a messiah (like the Jewish) or making up their own Gods. Jesus is no fiction; it is so much a reality that he divided eras in two, BC before him, and ac after him. We celebrate Christmas because of Him and so on. He is a reality!!! If ANYBODY has a question about it, GET THE BIBLE AND READ IT!!! for real. Don't just sit in front of a computer and talk about a subject, do some research first by going to the one book that will give you the answer of all of the Christianity-related questions. R.E.A.D T.H.E. B.I.B.L.E., ALL OF IT, FROM BEGINNING TO END, and THEN and ONLY THEN, you are going to be able to know why OUR GOD is a different God, THE only God, the God of creation….and the same God that created you too. I am not an expert on the subject, but I do know that in order to understand Christianity you don't go to the US Today, you go the BIBLE, again, I encourage you AND DARE you to read it.[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,209,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Isaiah 43: 10 "But you are my witness O Israel, says the Lord. And you are my servant. You have been chosen to know Me, believe in Me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God, there never has been, and never will be".
Amen! True so true.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,491 times
For the true seeker, truth will be found. For one seeking a religion to fit their beliefs, there are plenty of those around to choose from.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:11 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,545,021 times
Yahweh is the God of Jews and Christians. Jesus is the fulfillment of the Jewish law, the perfect sacrifice. We are now under grace.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:22 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,167,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
IMO, we all worship the same God, only with different rituals and ceremonies and doctrines...
Why assume there is only one God? There is no more evidence for monotheism than there is for polytheism.

And why assume that God(s) wish to be worshiped? So far in the history of humanity none (no real ones) have come down and asked to be.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 AM

50,147 posts, read 20,932,053 times
This discussion has pretty much gone the way I expected.

Different gods - just different ways of worshipping the same god.

The question of whether that 'god' exists only in the evolved human brain is not addressed. It is not a popular idea. Instead, we get 'Mine is the only true god - it says so in this book.' And the supposed 'proofs'.

What 'god' there is is common to all of us, and it is nothing like any god invented by men and described in very different ways in their various holy books.

And you can save yourselves the trouble of quoting scripture to me, believers. You might as well quote Milligan's Little potboiler.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:18 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,653,658 times
Let's clear this misconception of Buddhism: Buddha is not a god and didn't consider himself as one. Relationship is strictly teacher and student. Of course, people glorified him by deifying him, but he is still technically not a "god"

Old 10-26-2010, 05:04 AM

50,147 posts, read 20,932,053 times
Correct. Perhaps it is Karma that stands in for the gods. In fact that is just what it does since, in Hinduism, one could influence Karma by appealing to gods. Buddhism sidelined the gods (and thus the Brahmin caste ) and went direct to Karma, a natural force rather than one which could be flattered into handing out some free merit.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:34 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,235,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
organized religion is the worst blasphemy against god
Ahhhh....the first voice of reason I've read on this entire thread. When God is placed in a religious man made "box"...that is exactly where God will stay.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:42 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,256,702 times
God is unlimited,according to the Vaishnava tradition,so He has an unlimited amount of Names,Forms and energy's,he is not bound to one space in time like we are....so imo,He is many and at the same time He is ONE!!!!!http://krishna.tv/Merchant2/images/art/TA-57.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality