Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 06:08 AM

364 posts, read 766,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by HistoryasISThe gospel as in the truth, fact is that the truth isn't always the law.
People keep forgetting that the Bible is not an eyewitness report, but stories about what other people have heard.
Jesus was talking to a live audience so he reacts to the public there; he is not talking to the readers of the Bible.

Jesus was talking to a live audience so he reacts to the public there; he is not talking to the readers of the Bible.[/quote]

but then again The apostles were told to baptize others and have them also spread the gospel and I sure they did that with people who were not there live when Jesus made that command.

I think to me its clear jesus wants all his believers throughout the ages to spread his gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 06:11 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,241,569 times
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS
Quote:
I think to me its clear jesus wants all his believers throughout the ages to spread his gospel.
Spreading the gospel and insisting that every custom is the same everywhere is not truly spreading the truth, but ENFORCING a dogmatic view on life.
People who do this do not spread the truth, only THEIR intepetration of the truth.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:17 AM

Spreading the gospel and insisting that every custom is the same everywhere is not truly spreading the truth, but ENFORCING the truth.

can you be more clear on what your saying?

jesus did command us to spread his gospel that all must come to him for salvation to us that is The Truth and when we do what Jesus says we are ENFORCING t he truth.

still not sure what you mean I might read it wrong if i did plz correct me

Old 01-14-2008, 06:22 AM

Baptisms, circumcisions and such are in my opinion not true evidence that you have 'chosen' God. These customs are only evidence to other people.
The only evidence of following God is in your actions, not if you are baptised or testified to others in your church or congregation that you have accepted Christ as God.
Read my thread Can I get a witness?
I believe I’ve explained myself better there.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Baptisms, circumcisions and such are in my opinion not true evidence that you have 'chosen' God. These customs are only evidence to other people.
The only evidence of following God is in your actions, not if you are baptised or testified to others in your church or congregation that you have accepted Christ as God.
Read my thread Can I get a witness?
I believe I’ve explained myself better there.

iagree there I believe people who truly want to follow God will do what jesus commanded baptize spread his gospel etc.....

if he lacks the actions I highly doubt it he is follower God even if he is baptize etc.... because salvation is base on truly accpeting Jesus and truly keeping what he commands.

The scripture say if we love God we will keep his commandents and I believe that we should put that in our actions.

can you post a link to that site me to created?

Old 01-14-2008, 06:28 AM

Is this it?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...t-witness.html

I guess it is.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:34 AM

You do not need a massive group of people to decide if your with God or not or need a group to confirm it.

God judges the Heart and no others knows the heart but God alone.

in my view salvation can be done anywhere you can accpet Jesus in your room with no one there as long you are sincer in what you do and say.

Like I said a group of people can not prove you follow God because they can not look inside your heart Only God can.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:40 AM

But to me accepting Jesus as God is not necessary.
If you act like Jesus and believe the same things that Jesus believed when he was alive it doesn't matter if you accept that Jesus is God or not.
I mean I might be wrong for not accepting Jesus as Christ who is God but does that truly matter in the here and now for how I treat other people?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:33 PM

613 posts, read 1,271,026 times
organized religion is the worst blasphemy against god

Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 4,519 times
Wink Same God?

[FONT='Times New Roman']If you want to understand the art of cooking, you don't read make-up books, or automobiles books, you read cooking articles and books. If you want to understand Christians, I encourage you to read the Bible. We do not worship a "different God", we worship THE ONLY God there is. The first 5 books of the Bible (called the Koran, used by Jewish and Muslims too) says everything about the real God we Christians worship. Besides that, what makes us different from the rest of the world is that we do believe that all of the prophecies of the Old Testament were fulfilled in Jesus Christ birth. There are more than 300 prophecies in the Bible that have been fulfilled in Jesus. He is the One God we Christians worship, different from "the other Gods" because we believe in Jesus as God of the universe, as God Himself coming to us to save us, God (Jehovah) and Jesus like one, the trinity, while the rest of the world is still waiting for a messiah (like the Jewish) or making up their own Gods. Jesus is no fiction; it is so much a reality that he divided eras in two, BC before him, and ac after him. We celebrate Christmas because of Him and so on. He is a reality!!! If ANYBODY has a question about it, GET THE BIBLE AND READ IT!!! for real. Don't just sit in front of a computer and talk about a subject, do some research first by going to the one book that will give you the answer of all of the Christianity-related questions. R.E.A.D T.H.E. B.I.B.L.E., ALL OF IT, FROM BEGINNING TO END, and THEN and ONLY THEN, you are going to be able to know why OUR GOD is a different God, THE only God, the God of creation….and the God that created you too.[/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality