Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 05:21 PM

840 posts, read 780,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
if god wants people to know he exists why not just show himself?
or at least send one of his representatives (angels) to appear before man?
to leave no doubt in anyone's mind that he is real? what is he afraid of?

that way no one can have any doubt. because as it stands there is still
not one shred of proof god exists beyond people's imagination and superstition.

When Moses asked to see His glory, Jehovah God responded:

“You are not able to see my face, because no man may see me and yet live.” (Exodus 33:20)

And the apostle John wrote:

No man has seen God at any time.” (John 1:18)

When Jesus Christ was a man on this earth, not even he could see God.

‘Raise your eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one of them is missing.’”—Isaiah 40:26.

In other words, the tiniest glimpse of Almighty Jehovah God would overwhelm & kill us!
Which should not be surprising, since it is only by his dynamic powers that this entire universe exists (and, continues to expand), and all life came into existence, and continues to live.

When the 3 Israelites refused to kneel down to king Nebuchadnezzar's statue, he had them thrown into a furnace that was preheated THREE TIMES HOTTER than usual. When the soldiers threw them into it, the soldiers themselves succumbed to the heat . . . however, the 3 Israelite's hair didn't even singe while within it!

The energy of that super-heated furnace does not even begin to compare with the dynamic energy of Jehovah God! Yet, you imagine that you want a glimpse of him . . . (sigh).

All spirit persons reside in the spirit realm, which is invisible to us.

Angels have been sent as Jehovah God's representatives . . . when He saw fit to send them . . . not to prove to a doubter that He exists.

Jehovah God even sent his very first creation . . . His son, and the one through whom everything & everyone else was created . . . to live among mankind. Yet, he was spit upon, whipped, and hung on a stake as though he were a criminal unworthy of resurrection . . . by the very people who were supposed to be awaiting his arrival with open arms . . . who claimed to be awaiting the Messiah!

Almighty Jehovah God has a healthy measure of self respect, and has no reason to attempt to prove Himself to someone who does not want to know Him, but seeks to ridicule Him, instead. Whatever He does, those who do not love Him will not appreciate it. He will never force anyone to acknowledge who He is, let alone worship Him. He allows us --out of love-- to decide for ourselves whether we choose to love Him, or, despise Him. Our attitude toward Him indicates our choice/s.

However, even the most righteous hearted of his human servants has not been capable of beholding his person. He has instead provided many signs of his existence love for humankind.

Claims that the evidence is not evidence at all does not make it any less than what it actually is . . . positive evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 10:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,960,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Are you serious? Who'd believe an angel?
Or so-called 'prophets'.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:09 PM

23,272 posts, read 10,568,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
If god cared about me, he'd know I was an extreme skeptic and would reveal himself to me in a tangible way.

If God has used you as a tool to test and cultivate others with your mentality, who are you to say that God is wrong? Light is shown in the darkness and the two bare each other out. One person is born to abuse so that another person benefits from that abuse.

There is no story of Moses leading Israel out of Egypt unless there was a Pharaoh with a hard heart and people ready to chase Israel into the sea.

Not everyone is appointed to believe and none can believe unless they are drawn to believe.

Everyone has their place like a single golden watch with all it's many pieces that make the watch work.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,610,207 times
Maybe God doesn't care if humans believe in him.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Maybe God doesn't care if humans believe in him.
A recurring thought of mine as well.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:31 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,292,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
if god wants people to know he exists why not just show himself?
or at least send one of his representatives (angels) to appear before man?
to leave no doubt in anyone's mind that he is real? what is he afraid of?

that way no one can have any doubt. because as it stands there is still
not one shred of proof god exists beyond people's imagination and superstition.
He has his reasons and they're much larger than anybody's little brain. I just know he exists cause I've seen his miracles and creations with my own eyes. Besides, who else is going to make fruits and vegetables grow on trees for humans to eat? It aint steven hawking and it aint atheist mythology.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:20 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,014 times
I have met God, many times in my life. God has introduced himself/herself to me. Each time, God was treated with humor, empathy, and medication.

One night, God asked me for paper and pen. He went through half a ream before being satisfied. God asked me for envelopes and stamps. I took the letters, put stamps on them, and sent letters off. It was a simple request, and gave God comfort. God had been writing long equations and drawing on the walls in sharpie. I gave God the sharpie a few days before. God was running out of wall space, hence the paper.

Four days later, the FBI came to see God about the letters. I was questioned about their content. I would never presume to read God's mail. They took pictures of the sharpie wall before they left.

That was the first time I met God.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:34 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I have met God, many times in my life. God has introduced himself/herself to me. Each time, God was treated with humor, empathy, and medication.

One night, God asked me for paper and pen. He went through half a ream before being satisfied. God asked me for envelopes and stamps. I took the letters, put stamps on them, and sent letters off. It was a simple request, and gave God comfort. God had been writing long equations and drawing on the walls in sharpie. I gave God the sharpie a few days before. God was running out of wall space, hence the paper.

Four days later, the FBI came to see God about the letters. I was questioned about their content. I would never presume to read God's mail. They took pictures of the sharpie wall before they left.

Honestly, Ronkonkoma, that sounds a little like "A Beautiful Mind".

Eta: Oh... I just noticed the "treated with medication". . When I first read I thought it said meditation.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:44 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Honestly, Ronkonkoma, that sounds a little like "A Beautiful Mind".

Eta: Oh... I just noticed the "treated with medication". . When I first read I thought it said meditation.
LOL I had to look up your reference.

The second God I met, handed me a business card. God was in giant letters, and the rest was filled with his resume, so to speak. I still have it. That particular God did not like blonds.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 02-18-2015 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 02-18-2015, 04:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Fine story, well told.

Thank...um...God you've got a great sense of humour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality