Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 02:27 PM

4,443 posts, read 4,886,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
You can't use a blanket statement about a state or a region. That in itself is a bigoted statement.
Maybe not but the fact that the people elected Perry governor three straight times speaks volumns.
And let us not forget Huckabee speaking at a church in Texas that pastor have written anti Catholic material, I believe the same pastor was at Perry's prayer gathering.

"It’s not hard to find evidence that Rev. Hagee does not think highly of Catholics or the Catholic Church. In a video discussing the biblical book of Revelation, John Hagee suggests the Pope is the anti-Christ, and that the Catholic Church is "The Beast" (17:30 and following) mentioned in the book"

Mike Huckabee to speak at strongly anti-Catholic preacher's church :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 02:33 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,275,095 times
Satan laughs when he sees God's children fighting over human doctrine and dogma. Satan delights that we are divided into warring denominations. Let's disappoint him and love one another.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:36 PM

4,443 posts, read 4,886,706 times
You know the South didn't just burn down Black churches, they also burnt down Catholic churches.

So now in the 21st century we have the same type of gabage being spread, and Catholic churches and cemeteries are constantly being desecrated along with Jewish synagogues and Jewish cemeteries.

MORE SIGNS OF THE TIME…DESECRATIONS OF CATHOLIC CHURCHES AND SYMBOLS INCREASE

http://me414.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/more-signs-of-the-time-desecrations-of-catholic-churches-and-symbols-increase/ (broken link)

Last edited by ted08721; 08-13-2011 at 02:53 PM..

Old 08-13-2011, 02:37 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,210,839 times
Jesus would be proud of them.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You know the South didn't just burn down Black churches, they also burnt down Catholic churches.
What does the "South" have to do with this?

Old 08-13-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Jesus would be proud of them.
No, He isn't.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:48 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,208,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
What does the "South" have to do with this?
The OP is from Texas.

When I lived in Texas it was in the South. I don't think it has moved in the past 3 years.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:05 PM

5,544 posts, read 7,161,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
I know most people have this "touchy feely Jesus was so kind and accepted everyone and everything" attitude, but that's not what the Bible says. In fact, Jesus said it from his own mouth "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." Matthew 10:34-35.
And where Jesus rejects his own mother:

"While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” Matthew 12:46-50

Old 08-13-2011, 03:18 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,208,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
How many black and Catholic churches have been burned down in Texas? I hope the authorities there know who the arsonists are. Why hasn't this been in the news? Do they think the arsons are terrorist related? With Texas being majority Hispanic, I thought Protestants and Catholics got along pretty well there. That's very disturbing news for sure.
The primary Targets have been black churches. However Catholic Churches, Muslim Mosques and Jewish synagogues have been targets. Oddly the Mosques usually get targeted because the culprits think they are Jewish synagogues.

Last year there were quite a few Church Burnings in Texas. But last year did not seem to be race or denomination related.

Two men who seem to be connected with a lot of the burnings have been caught.

Quote:
2 Men Charged in Texas Church Fire

By DERRICK HENRY
Published: February 21, 2010

Two men were charged Sunday morning with setting fire to a church in east Texas and federal authorities said the men may face charges in nine other church fires.

Jason R. Bourque

Daniel G. McAllister

The men, Jason Robert Bourque, 19, of Lindale, Tex., and Daniel George McAllister, 21, of Ben Wheeler, Tex., were arrested and charged with arson of a building in the Feb. 8 fire at Dover Baptist Church, located 15 miles northwest of Tyler, Tex.

Because the building was a church, the charges were elevated to a first-degree felony, said Thomas Crowley, a spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. That felony carries a sentence ranging from probation to 99 years to life in prison, Mr. Crowley said.

“We’ve been looking at these guys for a while,” said Mr. Crowley. “But we had to paste together information.” He said various techniques led members of a special task force to the men, including DNA evidence and phone tips. A motive for the fires was still being investigated, federal authorities said.

The men had attended the First Baptist Church in Ben Wheeler together, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Sunday.

The string of fires damaged or destroyed 10 churches across three counties in Texas, including Smith, Henderson and Van Zandt. Before Sunday, nine of the blazes were considered arson but the 10th fire, which was set on New Year’s Day at Little Hope Baptist Church in Canton, Tex., was deemed arson on Sunday afternoon, Mr. Crowley said.

That means more charges against Mr. Bourque and Mr. McAllister are possible, Mr. Crowley said. No people were reported injured in the fires, the authorities said.
SOURCE

Old 08-13-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Two men who seem to be connected with a lot of the burnings have been caught.

I sincerely hope they throw the book at them. BTW, I would feel exactly the same if they had set fire to a mosque or synagogue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality