Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:13 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
Well, you don't.

So why would you even want to be a part of that group if beliefs are a core part of it?

And what is the point of this thread in the religion forum? Do you want to debate whether Christians are Catholics, receive insight as to why someone would say they are not, or do you hope for a lynch mob to back you up and start that typical bigot/judgmental/blah blah name calling?
Obviously you felt a need to respond.

I wanted to hear if anyone saw what I saw: hypocrisy, intolerance, and ignorance.

The last time I checked, my beliefs were aligned with Christian principles. I do my best to follow Christ's teachings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 01:16 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
May Christ save you from Allah. I am praying for you my deceived brother.
Please use google if you dont understand a word, or name, before you appear ignorant making a post, thank you.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
BTW mainstream Protestants consider themselves to be Christians and they consider Catholics to be Christians. The evangelical "Christians" have high jacked the word and many of them are also preaching hate and exclusion. OP, you are a Christian and you wouldn't want to be associated with that other kind of "Christian" anyway.
Great post

Old 08-13-2011, 01:20 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Please use google if you dont understand a word, or name, before you appear ignorant making a post, thank you.
Which word/name do you imagine I am ignorant of? Allah? Christ? Deceived?

Old 08-13-2011, 01:39 PM

More to the point of the OPs issue, Our Lord Jesus told us clearly and simply what we must do to be saved. If we are believers and saved we are definitely "Christians". I am certain that many who call themselves Catholics (and Baptists and Lutherans, etc.) have done those things and are absolutely saved. Jesus's promises are trustworthy and true. He promised.

I would welcome you and your children into our fellowship. I would, however, be less than honest if I pretended that I wouldn't eventually get around to asking you where in the Bible it says to pray to saints or Mary, but I wouldn't doubt your love of Jesus or automatically consider you unsaved. I certainly wouldn't consider your children a threat to our youth group! I hope you will find an agreeable situation for your children, and please don't judge all Protestants by the hard heads you will find in every church.

Last edited by Bideshi; 08-13-2011 at 01:52 PM..

Old 08-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Which word/name do you imagine I am ignorant of? Allah? Christ? Deceived?......May Christ save you from Allah. I am praying for you my deceived brother.
Allah "IS" God..but you being Captain Obvious probably know that already. That's why you wear the cape and not me punkin.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Allah "IS" God..but you being Captain Obvious probably know that already. That's why you wear the cape and not me punkin.
God will not deny His own son Jesus Christ. The Allah of the Koran sent a deceiving angel to deny that Jesus is God's son. Allah is not God.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I would, however, be less than honest if I pretended that I wouldn't eventually get around to asking you where in the Bible it says to pray to saints or Mary, but I wouldn't doubt your love of Jesus or automatically consider you unsaved. I certainly wouldn't consider your children a threat to our youth group! I hope you will find an agreeable situation for your children, and please don't judge all Protestants by the hard heads you will find in every church.
Catholics dont pray to Mary..honor your mother and father is in the ten commandments if you have ever bothered to read them. We ask Mary and the Saints to pray for us "all of us". We honor the sacrifice of the saints for what they have done for humanity, but we dont pray to them.

Read a little thing we call the "Nicene Creed" if you want to know what catholics are about.

Until then I suggest you educate yourself before you cast a blanket statement of ignorance....i/e understand your own prayers and faith procedures before you even attempt to trash others.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:07 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Yup. You read right. I'm not a Christian. I'm a Catholic. Christian women kicked me out.
Great story. Is there a point to it?

Old 08-13-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Catholics dont pray to Mary..honor your mother and father is in the ten commandments if you have ever bothered to read them. We ask Mary and the Saints to pray for us "all of us". We honor the sacrifice of the saints for what they have done for humanity, but we dont pray to them.

Read a little thing we call the "Nicene Creed" if you want to know what catholics are about.

Until then I suggest you educate yourself before you cast a blanket statement of ignorance....i/e understand your own prayers and faith procedures before you even attempt to trash others.
JohnPaul, your posts have been impolite. Your assertions that I am ignorant, uneducated, and lack understanding are disrespectful, unnecessary and have added nothing useful to the dialog. I hope you will now allow me to break off this exchange. God's peace be with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality