Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:55 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times

Advertisements

Something on another thread got me to thinking about this. What do you guys think? Can we be assured that we are "in right relationship with God" and "heaven bound" or do you think we have to wait until judgment day to know for sure? Personally, as I have posted many times I do not believe in "once saved, always saved," but I do believe that it is possible to have assurance of our salvation this side of heaven. Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 01:13 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Unless my mother-in-law is around I'm sure. When she's around for more than a day I tend to be a bit evil...but I can't help myself, she make me nuts.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:17 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Unless my mother-in-law is around I'm sure. When she's around for more than a day I tend to be a bit evil...but I can't help myself, she make me nuts.

She's your mother-in-law, irish! That's her job!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
[/b]
She's your mother-in-law, irish! That's her job!
Believe me you have no idea! I always say if I'm going to hell it will be because of how I react to her...arrrgh!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Something on another thread got me to thinking about this. What do you guys think? Can we be assured that we are "in right relationship with God" and "heaven bound" or do you think we have to wait until judgment day to know for sure? Personally, as I have posted many times I do not believe in "once saved, always saved," but I do believe that it is possible to have assurance of our salvation this side of heaven. Thoughts??
Well you know what I think kaykay.

But contrary to popular thought regarding my beliefs, I do believe in being "saved" and serving God and that their are definate rewards on this side of the grave and on the other for doing so. I think if you are keeping your heart pure towards God, and doing all you know to do to serve Him, then to me there is no question. God is just, and would not be so cruel as to discard someone for not having every little thing correct.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Well you know what I think kaykay.

But contrary to popular thought regarding my beliefs, I do believe in being "saved" and serving God and that their are definate rewards on this side of the grave and on the other for doing so. I think if you are keeping your heart pure towards God, and doing all you know to do to serve Him, then to me there is no question. God is just, and would not be so cruel as to discard someone for not having every little thing correct.
So as long as I'm good everywhere else it's ok to dislike my mother-in-law and possibly say little sarcastic things to her when I'm annoyed?

Just checking.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
So as long as I'm good everywhere else it's ok to dislike my mother-in-law and possibly say little sarcastic things to her when I'm annoyed?

Just checking.
I'm sorry to say that you have to choose to love and forgive her.

But you don't have to be her doormat. And I think God will let you slide in if you make the occasional remark.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,604,491 times
As long as you are truly repentant after you succumb to the urge to be sarcastic, then you are okay.

If you repeatedly have to say "Forgive me Lord for the sin I am about to commit" then maybe you do have a problem.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
As long as you are truly repentant after you succumb to the urge to be sarcastic, then you are okay.

If you repeatedly have to say "Forgive me Lord for the sin I am about to commit" then maybe you do have a problem.
Ok then I have a problem.

Guess I need to work on that some more.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,505 times
I am sure I am saved and heaven bound. I try not to speculate on others' salvation, even when in my view they are believing in things and behaving in ways that are completely contrary to the Word of God. I keep my opinion about what I think will happen to them to myself. It doesn't do anyone any good to tell people they're condemned, even if that's what I might think. All it does is inflame emotions, unnecessarily so at times.

I show them by example what I believe in. Actions speak louder than words. I share my faith with them when appropriate. I share what I believe is necessary for sure salvation. But as far as their eternal resting place, that's ultimately between them and God.

All of us stumble in our walk and no one should say because of that we're condemned. Those that are not on the same path as us need not be told they're condemned, but that they're loved by God and then shown the way.

That's not to say people won't be condemned -- I believe there will be those who are, unfortunately. But that's not my decision to make or my place to say, only God's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality