Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 AM

774 posts, read 911,068 times

Advertisements

I have a theory which sounds kind of Twilight Zonish, I can't be sure how true it is and I really don't believe it........................

But sometimes I ponder the following:

What if say each person lives his/her life.

Dies.

And comes back as himself/herself again and on the same day/year he or she was born, same family, same looks, same name, same house, same siblings, same everything.

And lives the same life with the same realities over again?

Except that he/she is meant to apply the lessons he/she learned in the last and other incarnations so as to hopefully make the next life turn out better?

Feasible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,341,414 times
I think the near-constant deja vu would make me crazy.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,164,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
I have a theory which sounds kind of Twilight Zonish, I can't be sure how true it is and I really don't believe it........................

Dies.

And comes back as himself/herself again and on the same day/year he or she was born, same family, same looks, same name, same house, same siblings, same everything.

Except that he/she is meant to apply the lessons he/she learned in the last and other incarnations so as to hopefully make the next life turn out better?

Feasible?
Well, let's put it this way, it's no weirder than any other spiritual theory.

It also appears to be (won't say "is," I can't actually know) yet another self-comforting mechanism as concerns life and death.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:59 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,164,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think the near-constant deja vu would make me crazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I30i_bfgGo

Old 04-08-2014, 11:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,977,535 times
If everyone is simply reliving their same life over and over, how do you explain growing populations?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM

10,557 posts, read 6,217,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post

Dies.

Feasible?
You don't believe your own theory?

And you are asking us if it feasible?

No its not feasible.

When I was growing up, my cousin was into astrology and believed in the next life you would come back as the next star sign which was slightly more 'learned' than the last one. So for example Aries was the baby - young gullible and innocent. In the next life you would be Taurus, the next Gemini and so on through to Pisces who is the oldest and wisest star sign. In each life you would learn something new and take it with you into the next life. Then you would start the whole cycle again.
All complete nonsense of course.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
If everyone is simply reliving their same life over and over, how do you explain growing populations?
Same as you explain them in this life.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You don't believe your own theory?

And you are asking us if it feasible?

No its not feasible.

When I was growing up, my cousin was into astrology and believed in the next life you would come back as the next star sign which was slightly more 'learned' than the last one. So for example Aries was the baby - young gullible and innocent. In the next life you would be Taurus, the next Gemini and so on through to Pisces who is the oldest and wisest star sign. In each life you would learn something new and take it with you into the next life. Then you would start the whole cycle again.
All complete nonsense of course.
I can't say I believe my theory, I just play around with it in my head.

Thank you for writing what you feel.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 AM

20,300 posts, read 13,692,832 times
What would it mean to own your own life, and what would that have to do with reincarnation?

Since we all find ourselves living an unasked-for life, and since our existence and upbringing are the confluence of a host of causal chains that we have little to no say in, I would say the answer to "Do You Own Your Own Life" is no.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 AM

I like the theory and it feels right to me...............

But

Say that I was born in 1958 and my father was born in 1930.

I come back in 2013 and my father is my father again, he was born in 1985.

If my father learns from his mistakes and does his second life differently?

Why is there an 100% guarantee that my father will even meet my mother since his even doing one thing differently might put him on a different path?

Maybe it means that only you or I are real in our personal realities and the other people are just backdrops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality