Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2007, 12:31 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times

Advertisements

All religions provide a path to कैवल्य or Kaivalya which is salvation/liberation if followed properly and with a sincere wish to attain divinity, in the Yogic view this is attained by breaking up the संसार or Samsara, which is the cycle of reincarnation, to break free from samsara and obtain Kaivalya a human being needs to purify his body, mind and soul from all karma and material desires, yoga brings a path to do this quickly and effectively.

Let's talk about the Yogic way to God this time.

Yoga's simply beautiful, deep and perfect, one of the most incredible, effective and fastest ways to get to God, because it's so perfect, so full, so divine!

This is the reason of Yoga being called the Holy science.

Yoga's so deep that it'd be hard to give a comprehensive article decidated to it, so I'm gonna resume the most possible and make some interesting comparisons to other religions.

Yoga has several branches, all of them will get you to God if followed properly they are:

भक्ति) योग
Bhakti Yoga:

This is the devotional way to God, based on devotion only one of the most beautiful ways to reach him, Bhakti Yogis usually have a Guru, which is a person who knows God firsthand who will enlighten the path to his devotees, Christianism is a kind of Bhakti Yoga and Jesus is the guru of Christians.

ज्ञान योग
Jhanna Yoga:

Jhanna is the sanskrit word for Wisdom and introspection, this way to God is based on Meditation and Introspection which will harvest wisdom, which will get you to God.

Buddhism is a kind of Jhanna Yoga:

कर्मन् योग
Karma Yoga:

Karma Yoga, is based on the path of unselfish good actions, expecting no retribution, only for the sake of serving God, I tried to find a religion that closely follows the precepts of Karma Yoga but I couldn't think in any except Karma Yoga itself, if any one has an idea please let me know

हठ योग
Hatha Yoga:

The most popular and widely known kind of Yoga, it is a system of excercizes and postures to prepare the body for meditation, most people specially in the west practice it more for healthy goals rather than divine objectives.

राज् योग
Raja Yoga:

The most complete of them all, also known as the Royal path to God, this Yogic path combines all the other paths into one system of beliefs, it is considered the fastest and most effective way to attain divnity.

क्रिया योग
Kriya Yoga:

The most advanced and powerful Yoga, it's a kind of Raja Yoga that includes the sacred Kriya Yoga technique, which is the most powerful Yoga technique, for thousands of Years this technique was kept as a secret and only the holliest of men practiced it, it's rumored that Christ was a Kriyaban or Kriya yogi for Yogis, he is also considered a Christ yogi, which is the highest state a yogi can reach, so was Krishna, this technique combined with the Raja yogic way to God, could help the sincere devotee attain divinity in just one life, compared to the millions of incarnations that are normally needed to break the संसार or Samsara.

Normally it would take one million of incarnations for a human being, provided that he is righteous and receives enough solar energy to obtain kaivalya, and at least the double of that amount for a wicked man, but kriya is a technique that accelerates spiritual evolution by generating tremendous amounts of cosmic energy which go through the कुण्डलिनी : Kundalini or Backbone arousing the 7 chakras and waking up the spiritual warriors of light inside men to help him attain the Christ consciousness state.

The spiritual warrior - unkown author

Oh my spiritual warrior!

You are being trained on the ancestral art of spiritual battle!

Krishna himself and your gurus are your masters, they left the keys to heaven on your hands, on the ancestral art of Yoga and Meditation.

Oh my spiritual warrior, wake up and raise!! use those weapons to tear the veil of ilusion, use your intuition and your spiritual eye to guide yourself in introspection so you can tell apart right from wrong.

You were armed with the weapons of truth, unconditional love, wisdom and inner peace, you can't be defeated by evil or darkness, but against love you can't do anything.

You can resist the strongest evil or the hardest temptation, but against love you aren't anything else but a child without defense, because love is your essence.

With love you were created, and to love and be loved you were created, love is your armor against ilusion, use your heart and pure feelings to guide yourself.

There is no explanation to what comes from the heart, because reason and understandement can't get into this world.

Because what comes from the heart, on the heart stays and is never fogotten, and there is no way to flee from what sprungs from it.

Oh my spiritual warrior fight bravely, and never be afraid, because I'll be always with you and your gurujis too.

If in need, don't hesitate in blowing the divine sound of the cosmic vibration of the conchshell in Meditation, that I will be there! And I will send my warriors, your allies of self control, willpower, lack of passion for mundane things and infinite hapiness to defeat, selfishness and ignorance.

Oh my spiritual warrior I can't stand your loss, because I miss you so much, my heart keeps asking, when will you find me, I want you to know that in my heart you have your home.

Life after life I will love you and take care of you until you decide to dive in my infinite sea.

http://www.holyindia.net/home/Krishna_Arjuna.jpg (broken link)

Lord Krishna (Who symbolizes God) And Arjuna (Who symbolizes the true devotee, or soul) Blowing their conchshells in yoga meditation raising the spiritual warriors in order to get ready for the war to Kayvalia!

Asato mā sad gamaya / Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya / Mṛtyor mā amṛtam gamaya

Lead me from non-truth to truth/ Lead me from darkness to light/ Lead me from mortality to immortality

I hope you enjoyed this post

ॐ पुराण : Holy Spirit and Divine love

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-21-2007 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 01:06 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
I am more familiar with tree of life than particular yoga paths. Which if any of the yoga paths you describe above correspond most closely to tree of life? I am just now beginning to understand some of the laws governing karma. My current understanding is that karma is in operation up to a certain point in our life / or spiritual evolution until we have a level of mastery in consciously creating our life circumstances as a partner with the divine. Prior to that level we are bound by karmic laws but we can break free. Without a concsious choosing though we stay bound to karmic patterns.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Life after life I will love you and take care of you until you decide to dive in my infinite sea. ॐ पुराण : Holy Spirit and Divine love
that is my favorite beautiful line of all : )

Old 12-21-2007, 01:09 PM

I am curious Dwarka citizen (OK, make that I am nosy : ) ) where do you live?! as in what country?! Blessings

Old 12-21-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
I am curious Dwarka citizen (OK, make that I am nosy : ) ) where do you live?! as in what country?! Blessings
I am a world citizen, I keep travelling around the world, doing what I like the most, making music playing at psychedelic trance parties and teaching people the divine and beatiful art of music production.

Psychedelic trance is also known as Goa trance, because it's a kind of electronic music that originated in Goa India, charged with the vibrations and spiritual baggage of that holy land

Psychedelic parties in: (they happen all around the world, but I just placed some countries to give an example hehe)

(pictures source, the trancers guide to the galaxy) http://www.trancersguide.com/countries.html

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Bosnia Herzegovina

Brazil

Bulgaria

Canada

Colombia

Croatia

Czech republic

Denmark

England

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Old 12-21-2007, 04:40 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
The pics are terrific. Takes me back to my high school and collage days in the late 60s in the San Francisco Bay area.
Yep , I’m old. Lol, But that’s ok, I’m happy.

I would love to see the hippie movement rise again, and try to stop the wars and bring peace to the world, It was a dream then and I’m afraid it still remains just a dream.

Metta,
Aeroman

Old 12-21-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
The pics are terrific. Takes me back to my high school and collage days in the late 60s in the San Francisco Bay area.
Yep , I’m old. Lol, But that’s ok, I’m happy.

I would love to see the hippie movement rise again, and try to stop the wars and bring peace to the world, It was a dream then and I’m afraid it still remains just a dream.

Metta,
Aeroman
All starts with a dream, or better of with an idea

And this movement is getting bigger and stronger, it just started, and it's getting more spiritual too, more based on Yoga, it always was.

Maybe we won't see it, but I predict that this movement will contribute in dissolving borders and erasing divisions between countries.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:51 AM

More about Yoga

Yoga. Derived from the Sanskrit word for “yoke” or “join together.” Essentially, it means union. It is the science of uniting the individual soul with the cosmic spirit through physical disciplines (postures) and mental disciplines (meditation). Patanjali offers the best definition: “Yoga is the cessation of mind.”

http://www.yogamovement.com/resources/glossary.html

The universal teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda offer a science of spiritual exploration — one that enables us to create for ourselves spiritually harmonious lives, and to contribute to a more compassionate and peaceful world.

Consider the spiritual confusion that characterizes our modern era....It is interesting, because even today, in spite of all the scientific and technological advancements, people in general still do not know what life is really all about. And what is amazing is that they don't even ask. Most people are so caught up in the external procedures and processes of life that it doesn't occur to them to entertain such questions as "Why am I here?" And most of those who do inquire arrive at a wrong answer....

That is why the world is in such a mess today: People do not know what the purpose of life is. As a result, their ambitions and behavior are guided by values that are out of harmony with truth, and are therefore destructive to personal and planetary well-being. The world will not change unless this situation is turned around.

Essentially, what we are seeking is God, whether or not we use that name....What we crave at the deepest level of our being cannot be found in anything the world can give us.

Our true essence is the soul: made in the image of God – immortal, indestructible, ever-blissful Infinite Consciousness. As Paramahansa Yogananda often said, if you have a lump of gold and you cover it with mud are you going to claim it's no longer gold? Of course not; it is still gold...."We are like gold in the mud," [he said]: "when the mud of ignorance is cleansed away, the shining gold of the soul, made in God's image, is seen within."

That is the purpose of religion – indeed, the purpose of life – to wash off the mud of ignorance, so we can know who we really are. And it is the answer to the problems we face in the world. Can you imagine what this world would be like if it were filled with people who had found within themselves the great love and joy and peace and wisdom of God?

http://www.yogananda.com/excerpts/xcerpts.html

http://www.emotionalyoga.com/images/healthsecrets/meditation.jpg (broken link)

AUM Sarveshaam Swastir Bhavatu
Sarveshaam Shantir Bhavatu;
Sarveshaam purnam Bhavatu;
Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu.
AUM Shantih, Shantih, Shantih

this means

May all be auspecious;
May all attain peace;
Let there be fullness and contentment all over;
May all be blessed.
AUM peace, peace, peace.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 10,281 times
hi. dont know how to frame this. since you seem rather enlightened i need some help. it is actually for an english essay and i want to describe salvation (which is rather abstract a topic)in the most simple language, but before that i need to understand the concept itself so if you could lend me a helping hand ? thanks

Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I am a world citizen, I keep travelling around the world, doing what I like the most, making music playing at psychedelic trance parties and teaching people the divine and beatiful art of music production.

Psychedelic trance is also known as Goa trance, because it's a kind of electronic music that originated in Goa India, charged with the vibrations and spiritual baggage of that holy land

Psychedelic parties in: (they happen all around the world, but I just placed some countries to give an example hehe)

(pictures source, the trancers guide to the galaxy) trance i tune music free at trancersguide.com

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Bosnia Herzegovina

Brazil

Bulgaria

Canada

Colombia

Croatia

Czech republic

Denmark

England

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Reminds me of the Haight Ashbury during the late 60s. Both the picturces and your spiritual path narrative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality