Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 07:17 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I suppose because women like male virgins so much that he hasn't been able to find a woman to date him in 37 years.
As other posters have pointed out, it is not he lack of sexual prowess, rather his shyness why he hasn't dated. And given a choice between a shy guy and one who thinks the world rises and sets at his command, I'd rather date the shy guy. I like being treated with respect and it's very obvious you have no respect for women.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:13 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
As other posters have pointed out, it is not he lack of sexual prowess, rather his shyness why he hasn't dated. And given a choice between a shy guy and one who thinks the world rises and sets at his command, I'd rather date the shy guy. I like being treated with respect and it's very obvious you have no respect for women.
But who do you ACTUALLY date?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:17 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Exactly. No one is saying that his being a virgin in his 30s is going to make dating a breeze, but it's not hopeless. People fall for people in unusual situations all the time: the paraplegic, the blind guy, the widower with five kids. None of them are doomed to a life with no companionship, they just have to be patient and look a little longer to find it.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,677,099 times
Dating is a numbers game. The more people you go out with the greater the chance that you'll meet someone who you are compatible with. Date for fun and if there is a connection things will progress. If there's no connection, you've had a good time, met a new person, and gotten a bit of experience. When you meet the right person she will work with you on the physical aspects of the relationship and you can learn together. You are definitely not too old to have the life you want. Every journey begins with a single step and you are taking the steps necessary to get what you want out of life.
I commend you.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:38 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times
Quote:
But who do you ACTUALLY date?
I'm going to assume you mean have I ever dated a virgin and I will be honest as far as I know I haven't. I would assume because there are so mmany men who tie their masculinity to their sexual prowess they think that in order to be a man they have to have sex, and more sex, the more masculine. Nothing could be further from the truth. The men I've met who claim to have a lot of sex are not my ideal of a man. They are usually arrogant jerks who I wouldn't give the time of day.

But I can absolutely guarantee that a man telling me he's a virgin will not put me off. There are some women that it will, but not me.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:49 AM

71 posts, read 69,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I have read the whole thread. In fact, I've compiled the following quotes, all by the original poster:

"I just read some posts about women not wanting to date virgins"

"someone said the age of no return for a male virgin is 30 which was 7 years ago for me"

"the lack of any type of sexual experience stands out I know"

"when should I mention lack of experience? If asked I will have to tell"

"I'm excited about sex and will do anything I can to satisfy her in and out of bed. I gave up and didn't think it was possible after being bullied for years"

"[Being a 37-year-old virgin] is the challenge I am facing. I must defeat this challenge somehow."

"What would you reccomend I do given that I'm currently a virgin to beome "a good lay"? I'm looking forward to the sex but I don't want it to ruin a relationship."

"I have no plans on telling any date that I am a virgin until the aprropriate time"

Clearly, this poor guy is in a hellish storm of self-doubt because he's never had sex. Thankfully, there's an easy solution that will blast all this self-doubt into oblivion in about 30 minutes. Forgive me for suggesting that the solution for a guy who thinks he's worthless to women because he's a virgin is to NOT BE A VIRGIN ANYMORE.

I believe this guy will get some sense, lose his self-righteousness, see a nice, clean call girl, and no longer be a virgin. Even if he doesn't "learn" anything -- hell, even if he doesn't have a good time -- he can finally shove the "woe is me, I'm a virgin" stuff aside and focus on his real needs and the obstacles that prevent him from meeting them. In short, he can grow up, and growing up leads to successful relationships.

What are you going to do, OP? Grovel before the women on this thread who use third-grade insults like "horn dog" and "two-inch dicker" and give you the same advice that's failed you for two decades? Or try something different? My money's on you, OP. Don't let me down.
Let us see what the women think.

Women, suppose there are two men avalable.

A) a 37 year old virgin man
B) a 37 year old man who was a virgin until he recently paid a prostitute so he wouldn't be a virgin anymore.

Which one would you choose or are they about the same?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:22 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
Let us see what the women think.

Women, suppose there are two men avalable.

A) a 37 year old virgin man
B) a 37 year old man who was a virgin until he recently paid a prostitute so he wouldn't be a virgin anymore.

Which one would you choose or are they about the same?
How about another option, a 37 year old man who is not a virgin and has had relationships/sex in the past?

My point is, the vast, vast majority of women would not want EITHER of the choices you list.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:44 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
How about another option, a 37 year old man who is not a virgin and has had relationships/sex in the past?

My point is, the vast, vast majority of women would not want EITHER of the choices you list.
Oh do shut up, little man, and stop answering questions not asked of you. You are NOT a woman, you intensely dislike women and yet you have the sheer effrontery to continually speak FOR women with sweeping generalities.

NY101, out of the two I'd pick the one I liked the best for a huge number of reasons totally unrelated to the state of his virginity and whether he either still had it or lost it recently to a prostitute.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:27 PM

71 posts, read 69,235 times
I had another date and I had a good time, but she's not interested in more. Ouch. It's a numbers game.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:36 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,474 times
Quote:
I'm going to assume you mean have I ever dated a virgin and I will be honest as far as I know I haven't. I would assume because there are so mmany men who tie their masculinity to their sexual prowess they think that in order to be a man they have to have sex, and more sex, the more masculine. Nothing could be further from the truth. The men I've met who claim to have a lot of sex are not my ideal of a man. They are usually arrogant jerks who I wouldn't give the time of day.

But I can absolutely guarantee that a man telling me he's a virgin will not put me off. There are some women that it will, but not me.
CESpeed

I am a virgin as well.
Would you do me the honor of deflowering me?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships