Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 07:14 AM

71 posts, read 69,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
what you describe isn't a friend or a friendship, so you have lost absolutely NOTHING.
I've known her for three years and we've had many good conversations and we've helped each other out in many ways and there were many good times. It is not easy and if you think I've lost nothing, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
But they don't like you and don't respect you. Therefore, you're better off without them, even if they were your last friends in the world.

I think you're putting us on, anyway. I can't imagine a real person being this clueless about everything.
Every one of your posts have been worse than useless. Things are bad in New York, but at least I'm not in Lakewood, Ohio.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:31 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,244,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
I've known her for three years and we've had many good conversations and we've helped each other out in many ways and there were many good times. It is not easy and if you think I've lost nothing, you have no idea what you're talking about.
You lost a "friendship" because you wanted advice from this person? This person who told you she felt you were unworthy of dating?

Old 04-11-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
You lost a "friendship" because you wanted advice from this person? This person who told you she felt you were unworthy of dating?
That's what started the argument but we argued over a couple of other issues too. Why not quit putting the word friendship in quotes. We had been friends for three years.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,122,816 times
Quote:
What's she's saying is that in her opinion, a woman woudl rather date a serial killer than you. There are some women willing to date serial killers, as they get plenty of love letters, but apparently you are less desirable than serial killers are. How does that make you feel?
Just when I think I've read the most insenstive, twisted thing I've ever read. Wow just wow.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,244,315 times
Check out this advice column suggesting paternity fraud. You really want this in your life?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...ary-agony-aunt

Last edited by betamanlet; 04-11-2010 at 08:18 AM..

Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 AM

To the OP. I don't have any male friends I would date. I also don't think I would be able to tell them why because I would not have been thinking about it. But I certainly would make the attempt to help.

There is someone for everyone. You just need an honest critique of what makes it difficult to find a date. I'm sorry your friend wouldn't give it to you. Maybe one of your other female friends will.

In the meantime, I'll tell about a recent date from hell that if you recognize any of these behavoirs in your self might help you. The guy who owns the building next door approached me and said he'd like to take me to dinner. I wasn't particularly attracted to him, but I hadn't been on a date in a while and he wasn't horrific looking so I agreed.

The first thing he did to put me off was show up at my door to get my number instead of leaving a note on my car.

Next, when he called he was very aggressive. (I think he might have called himself being assertive and decisive but I thought he was overbearing.)

I was actually hoping he wouldn't show up but he did. :-(

When he showed up, he informed me that I would need to drive because he had vision problems. (it would have been nice to know this in advance. He also didn't offer any gas money)

He kept talking about his properties and things that are suppose to let me know he had money. (It gave me the impression that money was all he had to offer)

Then he dissed someone I really like. And wouldn't let it go.

He wanted to show off his boat, which was a raggedy mess.

Finally, we went miniature golfing, during which he kept telling me how to hit the ball and which direction. The one or two times he lightened up I tried to laugh with him, but I was so put off at this point there was nothing that was going to salvage the evening or the possibility of a second date.

I hope this helps.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,172,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Just when I think I've read the most insenstive, twisted thing I've ever read. Wow just wow.
i dont think anyone takes his posts seriously anyways

Old 04-11-2010, 08:31 AM

I know but still.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I know but still.
Agreed, it's still pretty psychotic and such stuff is always a shock to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.