Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 02:04 AM

18,257 posts, read 14,492,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Not even offically going out i just thought it was classless to air that info out especially since she liked him as a person i can see if he was a jerk..
Oh, its classless for sure.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:15 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,254,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sometimes, women will say a man is bad in bed to her friends, just so they don't go sleeping with him during or after their relationship.
wow, those are some great "friends"

Old 04-08-2010, 04:52 AM

71 posts, read 69,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Honestly? What he said is fairly accurate. But we don't really like to admit or discuss this. Especially the ridicule... a friend of mine recently kept describing her man as "Mr Three Minutes." So when I met the guy, all I could think was "This man is a really lousy lay."
What would you reccomend I do given that I'm currently a virgin to beome "a good lay"? I'm looking forward to the sex but I don't want it to ruin a relationship.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,274,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
The main reason why women don't like virgins, other than the lack of experience (like explaining what she likes is really that hard ) is because women only desire men that other women desire. If you're a male virgin, not by choice, that means women aren't into you, hence you're not desirable, so if other women didn't want you, why would she want you?

Hence why a small pool of men get most of the women, and married guys are quite popular and desired because they have a seal of approval (another woman's interest). Women are highly competitive, and like another posted said, can be and are, quite mean.
Makes you wonder if women even desire men for who they are, instead of merely out of jealousy/feeling left out .

Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,713,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
What would you reccomend I do given that I'm currently a virgin to beome "a good lay"? I'm looking forward to the sex but I don't want it to ruin a relationship.
If you initiate a sexual relationship with a woman who has fallen in love with you, she's not going to make fun of you for being bad in bed. (That's the caveat with the ridicule -- women only do it if they don't particularly care for you anyway.) Really its about your own confidence over everything else.

That said, i don't think its a bad idea to see a prostitute or find a woman who is willing to have a no strings attached sexual fling with you. (Realistically, the latter would be with someone much older.)

Old 04-08-2010, 06:30 AM

I will not pay for sex. Those who suggest prostitutes are wasting their time. I stated this in my first post and will state it again here. I may be a virgin, but it's clear to me that sex for money is not the same as sex within a loving relationship.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:45 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,713,779 times
Quote:
I will not pay for sex. Those who suggest prostitutes are wasting their time. I stated this in my first post and will state it again here. I may be a virgin, but it's clear to me that sex for money is not the same as sex within a loving relationship.
So don't. You asked for my opinion, I addressed a couple of things, including being in love and its effects on sex. You completely dismissed my words, choosing instead to ignore it all in favor of climbing on your soapbox.

Now i see why you have never had a loving, sexual relationship: you think your own righteousness trumps politeness, courtesy and giving people respect.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
So don't. You asked for my opinion, I addressed a couple of things, including being in love and its effects on sex. You completely dismissed my words, choosing instead to ignore it all in favor of climbing on your soapbox.

Now i see why you have never had a loving, sexual relationship: you think your own righteousness trumps politeness, courtesy and giving people respect.
I state in my first post that I will not see a prostitute. Some of you ignored my words and suggest seeing a prostitute. I restate that I will not see a prostitute. You call that self righteous?

I generally am respectful and courteous to people, but not toward people who disrespect me.

I agree with some of your sugesstions and disagree with others, but stating that I've never had a loving, sexual relationship because I disrespect people is way off the mark.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklyWonder66 View Post
to the GUY's who repeatedly suggest OP should visit a prostitute. He has already said he doesn't want to do this and as CESpeed has also said he would have done this already, if sex was his main goal. The OP wants a relationship and dating seems to be difficult HE FEELS because of his awkwardness and the fact that he isn't sexually experienced.

I truthfully don't understand why a woman would be put off if a guy was a virgin. There are guys that don't know want they are doing and you KNOW their not virgins but unless you tell them what to do or what to not do - Can you really complain?

I think if I liked a guy and had been out on a number of dates I would not think anything of it and I would have an idea by then if we were compatible (outside) the bedroom or not.

If I was dating a guy and things weren't going great or we didn't like the same things and then I was told he was a virgin my mind would wander I'd think of all the bad things associated with this and the relationship would go no further. NOT only because of this but because he wasn't for me anyway.

OP needs to date, talk, laugh.... then down the line the sex can be discussed. I think he will have more success this way. And if she doesn't like him because of this detail then he can move on and find someone who does.
This is all very helpful.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:08 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,254,853 times
Quote:
What % of the sex out there do you think occurs in "loving relationships"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships