Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone I have a friend who is in his mid 30s. He is a handsome guy with a good work ethic. He has a great personality-a little shy though. The only thing is he has been having problems dating. He is saving himself for that someone special. He says he is a virgin Yeah believe it. And he says the problem is that most women do not want to be with him because he has no experience... For argument sake lets assume my friend is really telling the truth about his virginity and that he is not gay. He asked me if I would date a guy in his situation. I had never thought about that before so I wanted to know from the ladies and guys u r free to comment as well: Would u prefer to be with a man who has had previous experience or one with no experience at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 11:36 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,082 times
Would you?

Old 06-20-2007, 11:42 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Well I certainly don't want a guy with too much experience. I would date a guy like your friend.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:48 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I wouldn't have a preference either way. He's just gotta look for that right woman who cares more about him than about his prowess, or lack thereof.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
On the flip side how many of you know ppl who have had LOTS of practice and they are STILL no good LOL

I'd date him.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:08 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
DCNative: That's a loaded question for me if I answered truthfully my friend might read it and well...but when he asked me that question I said I don't know. And that is the truth-I really never thought about it at all. Tell u what I will think about it and get back to u

Old 06-20-2007, 12:44 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
Yes and no

I like my men with allot of exeperience but that's because by this age - I don't like teaching anybody (except a little her e and there)

I say if he has the sexual CONFIDENCE then that will be the reason to go ahead. If he is a shy virgin who is like "Oh where do I puts my hands?" and is wishy washy with a a light touch (like a high school kid) then I would be turned off immediately.

If he knewhow to grab the opportunity with confience and testosterone of a MAN then - I would so go for it

Tell your friend that

Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,644 times
Hmm...yeah, I understand saving one's self & all, but I might be a little disturbed by a guy who hadn't been with anyone by the time they were in their 30s. I agree with CityGirl72, I would be totally turned off by a lack of confidence. I guess it is somehow "cool" for guys to deflower a girl, but personally, I wouldn't want to deflower a guy. Seems like I'd be in for a dull night, as far as I was concerned. I need more than 10 seconds, thank you...

But, I couldn't honestly answer without knowing the guy. I also have to agree that too much experience is a bad thing...& really, it's been proven to me that experience isn't everything, so I dunno. Hopefully this guy's got a great personality...& isn't a liar...

Old 06-20-2007, 01:35 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,604,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Yes and no

I like my men with allot of exeperience but that's because by this age - I don't like teaching anybody (except a little her e and there)

I say if he has the sexual CONFIDENCE then that will be the reason to go ahead. If he is a shy virgin who is like "Oh where do I puts my hands?" and is wishy washy with a a light touch (like a high school kid) then I would be turned off immediately.

If he knewhow to grab the opportunity with confience and testosterone of a MAN then - I would so go for it

Tell your friend that
Totally agree - nothing worse !!!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 01:39 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Never???? Well, I think that we may assume that he doesn't have much experience in dating or Mother Nature would have taken charge at some point and he would have done the deed with a willing female.

Perhaps it is just a matter of a low sex drive. That doesn't mean that he would be a dud in bed. Sex is one area where practice may not make perfect. If I were dating, I think I would look at this as a chance to make it a very good thing for him.

I think that the guy who really puts his all into the act is better than one who merely does it in the same manner that he takes his vitamin pill. Ho-hum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships