Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,556,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
LaoTzuMindFu:
You're essentially agreeing with me without realizing it. You said that you wouldn't consider in the least bit a woman you aren't physically attracted to, which is the point I was trying to make with my metaphor (ie: you wouldn't consider Mr. X because he doesn't have the required degree). The "job" is dating. Mr. X is the girl. The required degree is physical attraction.
Mango, to tell ya the truth, baby, your logic is totally lost on me, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,051,061 times
Ah, I give up. I'm going to go drink a margarita.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:47 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,338,879 times
I think I can say that the answer to this question will be, "No," about 95% of the time. LOL, Im taking a guess on that.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:41 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,552,946 times
Quote:
Underage drinking Who does that...

Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,556,979 times
Quote:
On my last vacation the bartenders were making yummy mango margaritas!

Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,889,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Speaking from a woman's point of view... no, I could never date a man that I felt I wasn't attracted to romantically. If a man is only platonic friend material, I make it very clear that we aren't on a date, we are only platonic friends getting together and I pay my share of the bill.

I have found that it's just not worth going on dates with a man that I know I will not want as a boyfriend, as it's such a pain in the *ss to have to at some point tell them that they aren't relationship material for me. And I am also not interested in some sort of FWB arrangement either with a guy that isn't boyfriend material for me.

To me, a date is for when both sides are open to the idea of a romance and eventual relationship together. I also tend not to rush into the dating phase until I know the man well enough to feel that he is a good fit for me as a boyfriend. And I also have many male platonic friends that I spend time with due to common interests.

And I remember how about eight years ago, some friends of mine were trying to set me up with another friend of theirs. He really wasn't boyfriend material for me. He wasn't a good listener. And every time, after I bought a car or motorsports related item, he would either want to buy it from me or tell me how much of a mistake I made. Well he started off by wanting to do things together, and he would finish by saying... "is it a date then?" And I would always say "no!!! It's not a date!!" To which he would back off, and we never got together for activities that were just the two of us. And I have zero regrets for not dating him.

I also will never go on any "dates" with men, pretending romantic interest just to get a free meal from them.

And just because it's a single man and a single woman having a meal together, it doesn't make it a DATE imo.
Well everybody's got their own opinion on issues ..i respect yours too .. as for me ''DATING'' as most of you folks have mentioned has taken a different turn in terms of a relationship .. now i dont claim to be an experienced guy in the dating arena ..but i've got an intellect take on this issue which perhaps would be understood by like minded people ..

Usually when in a relationship or in dating ..we set high expectations from our potential date ..the first thing that'll come into your mind is his/her physical attractiveness, then the characteristics .. BUT if u reverse the thought process .. u may very well end up being with that charming person u've always wanted to be with ..NOTE he may not be one of the top 3 handsome men in the world .. BUT as a person, despite his odd physical attributes has that magical spell or synergy that personality and power to sweep u off your feet isnt that reason enough to get intimate with him .. okay now i've seen and read some forums here about good looking men/women losing interest in eachother either because they're shallow or too picky and what not .. Trust me i dont wanna date a super model get jiggy with her only to be disappointed and left bereaved for not living upto her expectations and end up being a boy toy ..generally speaking setting up expectations is alright ..but to a certain level of emotional well being ..if u know u can deal with it ..u're on ..time waits for none and hence a waste of such is a waste of everything .. so before embarking on No-mans land ..prepare yourself for the best for better or for worst .. look beyond your visual capacity .. the beauty is far beyond ones imagination but ofcourse its all in the eye, your soul ,your mind and your heart .. its like a train .. one bogey slids u're off the course .. i could go on and on ..however im not trying to justify ..its just what i think about it .. thats all folks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships