Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,051,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
WTH?!?!?
I do not see any connection at all between these two questions. Men dating women they do not want to be intimate with and interviewing for colleges? WTH?!?!?!

I was referring to the application process!! The whole "get your foot in" thing.

Like at some colleges/jobs/whatever, you won't even be considered unless you have XYZ, but having XYZ alone won't get you in.

I was saying that it's the same way when it comes to dating. Basic physical attraction is the "foot in the door," but it's not going to guarantee a future.

That has to make sense outside of my brain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,952,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I was referring to the application process!! The whole "get your foot in" thing.

Like at some colleges/jobs/whatever, you won't even be considered unless you have XYZ, but having XYZ alone won't get you in.

I was saying that it's the same way when it comes to dating. Basic physical attraction is the "foot in the door," but it's not going to guarantee a future.

It makes sense. Everyone needs dealbreakers, not just talking about relationships, but in any selection process where you need to sort through tons of variables to pick out the best overall choice.

i.e. I want a beautiful house. I wouldn't buy a beautiful house in a bad location. I wouldn't buy a beautiful house, in a great location, if it was about to slide off a cliff. Et cetera..

Old 02-15-2010, 10:05 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,451,717 times
Are you trying to use an analogy like a job interview?

If I was interviewing candidates, I have two things to look at; soft and technical skills.

So if a guy had all the soft skills in the world, but zero technical skills, could I hire him? I don't know, I'd have to be one hell of a teacher. It might be worth it, if I could do it because it is hard to put a price on leadership and morale.

I would say, if one candidate blew the other away with soft skills, but didn't have as much experience, I'd definitely roll his way. I try to stay away from the know it alls in my line of work. They make my job tough.

So would I date an awesome personality that I had ZERO attraction to? I don't think I could, as shallow as that sounds.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,877,860 times
I would not date (i.e., be serious about, be interested in eventual relationship with) someone I was just not attracted to, but we could have a nsa sexual relationship if that's what she wanted.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:51 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,140,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I would not date (i.e., be serious about, be interested in eventual relationship with) someone I was just not attracted to, but we could have a nsa sexual relationship if that's what she wanted.
I can kinda see your point on this. I would NOT date a woman like this who I have less than zero desire to be intimate with:

Doesnt matter if she can "pull some strings for me to get ahead" or if she "was super rich and would give me money". Cant and wont do it.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:11 PM

13,019 posts, read 13,860,219 times
You just have to close your eyes and fantasize about your BMW and Ducati in the garage

Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,140,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
It still doesnt make sense to me. There is NO application process or anythning if I have zero desire to be intimate with her. If I have "zero physical attraction" to a woman, there will be no "foot in the door" anything. There will be no interview process, no consideration on if she has XYZ skills or anything. If I have zero desire for intimacy with her, there is nothing to go on.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,051,061 times
LaoTzuMindFu:

You're essentially agreeing with me without realizing it. You said that you wouldn't consider in the least bit a woman you aren't physically attracted to, which is the point I was trying to make with my metaphor (ie: you wouldn't consider Mr. X because he doesn't have the required degree). The "job" is dating. Mr. X is the girl. The required degree is physical attraction.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,420,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachouse View Post
Not always.
I'm sure most guys would pass on it if they were repulsed by the girl or not attracted in the slightest!
I am glad u said the guy's disdain would have to meet the threshold of being repulsed. I am still not convinced that attraction is a prerequisite for am for a man to get it on with a woman. Now if we were living in a perfect world, I would say u could be right. The problem is we're not living in a perfect world

Old 02-15-2010, 07:14 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,420,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
Thank you dear
U r welcome back dear, so I take it u agree with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships