Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM

657 posts, read 717,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
That is ridiculous- every woman is a lesbian after having a bad relationship? If that was true all women would be lesbians! Obviously not true.
So for a straight woman to become a lesbian is taking "the easy way out?" Are you you drunk,Dale??LOL
Do you think that having a sexual relationship with a man would be "taking the easy way out" if your wife cheated on you and then split.
am just repeating the truth, but you guys are too afraid to admit it. its a chose for some

Old 11-24-2012, 11:51 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
I can not get over the number of old friends and relatives who have decided to swear off men and dating after a few bad relationships. They assume that because a few men have treated them poorly, that they are destined to be single and without a female/male relationship forever. Many have given up on themselves, became mannish, fat and they have stopped trying to be attractive. Many have announced to the world that they are now free of men and will never date again.

Do you know any men that would say that after a bad relationship? I do not, just lots of women! Why?

This is an old thread started by someone who is no longer a member, but it's interesting and it has been revived, so I'll bite.

There are a few presumptions here, in that the OP is assuming that the women who swear off men all get fat, become "mannish," or give up on themselves.

That's not true. I've taken time off from dating, and I did none of those things. In fact, it was because I did NOT give up on myself that I took a break from dating. I wanted to spend time with my friends, travel, work on my career, and focus on myself. I wanted to be comfortable where I was, in my own skin, without worrying about men or what men thought. It was more about me being happy with myself and my life than about men. Likewise, it wasn't after any "bad relationship," per se. I just got tired of considering what men thought, and was dissatisfied with the kind of men I was meeting at that point, so I figured it was better to get my own act together.

In a way, it kind of backfired. The less I cared about dating, the more men wanted to date me.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:55 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Alot of women get really hurt in the game(just like men) but they're better at hiding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.