Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 03:11 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,038,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangedEssence View Post
You know I have not the slightest clue on why or even how a woman could "swear off men" unless she into women then I can....Me Myself I love to indulge in men. Usually after I have a bad break up I usually just surround myself with many men instead of one exclusively. It helps with the break up and your Ego all together. They make pretty awesome friends also. I never got the whole pity party of a bunch of women sitting around talking about how their Guy or Ex isn’t worth crap... I just never got that. But, people heal their hurt in many different ways... In my opinion swearing off men just closes doors and makes a bad situation even worse. Always know what one won't do another always will. (Okay that's not totally the truth, but its fun to think.)
Wow Good post.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:36 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
You know I have not the slightest clue on why or even how a woman could "swear off men" unless she into women then I can....Me Myself I love to indulge in men. Usually after I have a bad break up I usually just surround myself with many men instead of one exclusively. It helps with the break up and your Ego all together. They make pretty awesome friends also. I never got the whole pity party of a bunch of women sitting around talking about how their Guy or Ex isn’t worth crap... I just never got that. But, people heal their hurt in many different ways... In my opinion swearing off men just closes doors and makes a bad situation even worse. Always know what one won't do another always will. (Okay that's not totally the truth, but its fun to think.)
I think it's one thing to have a bad break up or a jerky ex, and another to experience rape or years of sexual abuse as a child, or be beaten up by a husband or father. I know a couple of women who are very butch. I have no idea whether they were born gay or what, just that they feel safer with women. The violence and trauma that they suffered is more than some pity party, as you call it. They're not outspoken man-haters, just women whom a few men broke years ago.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:44 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
I can not get over the number of old friends and relatives who have decided to swear off men and dating after a few bad relationships. They assume that because a few men have treated them poorly, that they are destined to be single and without a female/male relationship forever. Many have given up on themselves, became mannish, fat and they have stopped trying to be attractive. Many have announced to the world that they are now free of men and will never date again.

Do you know any men that would say that after a bad relationship? I do not, just lots of women! Why?
I know men that have, but no women. Of course that lasts about as long until the guys see a hot chick that the think is smiling at them.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:48 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
In my opinion swearing off men just closes doors and makes a bad situation even worse.
Absolutely. I ADORE men. If I'm not gonna be with one, then I'm a gonna be with another...eventually.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,473 times
I definetly haven't sworn off men(never would) but I am having a very difficult time trusting after my last serious relationship. I dated a very well educated, funny guy with a very good job in hospital admin., from Texas who loved dogs and loved to hunt and fish. We were about to get engaged when things went south quickly. I found out a few months later that he was cheating on me, which I already knew because I found love letters. What I didn't know was the fact he wasn't cheating with just women. That's right: he was cheating with MEN too. I guess he was bi-sexual because he married the woman he cheated with. Although I am SO RELIEVED AND HAPPY that he is now her problem(unfortunately they have 2 kids too), and GRATEFUL I didn't marry him, I'm still having trouble trusting after a deception this huge. I've self-imposed a "time-out" period but I just can't seem to "get back in the game". I have met a few women like me but none who hate men, however, I have met several divorced men who have become downright misognistic after their break-ups, they have become so bitter and now feel it's ok to use women because women are "materialistic" or "selfish, "vain", or "self-absorbed". It is so sad and scary for the women they meet.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:24 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I definetly haven't sworn off men(never would) but I am having a very difficult time trusting after my last serious relationship. I dated a very well educated, funny guy with a very good job in hospital admin., from Texas who loved dogs and loved to hunt and fish. We were about to get engaged when things went south quickly. I found out a few months later that he was cheating on me, which I already knew because I found love letters. What I didn't know was the fact he wasn't cheating with just women. That's right: he was cheating with MEN too. I guess he was bi-sexual because he married the woman he cheated with. Although I am SO RELIEVED AND HAPPY that he is now her problem(unfortunately they have 2 kids too), and GRATEFUL I didn't marry him, I'm still having trouble trusting after a deception this huge. I've self-imposed a "time-out" period but I just can't seem to "get back in the game". I have met a few women like me but none who hate men, however, I have met several divorced men who have become downright misognistic after their break-ups, they have become so bitter and now feel it's ok to use women because women are "materialistic" or "selfish, "vain", or "self-absorbed". It is so sad and scary for the women they meet.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:46 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
The OP joined CD just 6 days ago and has started 15 threads since then. Rank odor?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:49 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,421,360 times
I've sworn off humans, period. I'm sticking with my dog. He doesn't complain or whine

Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I've sworn off humans, period. I'm sticking with my dog. He doesn't complain or whine
+100! The unconditional love I get from my "little zoo"(2 dogs, 2 cats) is priceless.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:45 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The OP joined CD just 6 days ago and has started 15 threads since then. Rank odor?
Nonetheless (the dazzling duo of Weekend Traveler has apparently morphed into Brainy Intellectual Type and I hope you all are having fun?) I have to concur with the unconditional love from the furries!

I'm rather too old in the tooth and a little set in my ways at this juncture to anticipate that anyone's going to leap into my life on that gallant white horse. My luck the horse would be foundered and barely able to walk and the old geezer atop the poor old nag would be drooping over its straggly neck with both of them being immediate candidates for euthanasia. Sigh.

That said, it's VERY relaxing and comforting to awake in the wee hours and find contented and soundly sleeping furry bodies all over the bed. Animals have been a boon over the years in getting me through some tough times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships