Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:15 PM

123 posts, read 867,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
I can not get over the number of old friends and relatives who have decided to swear off men and dating after a few bad relationships.

I think that after a woman has a streak of bad relationships or meaningless dates, she just loses hope. I don't know about the letting herself go part, but anybody would be discouraged by disappointment after disappointment.

I have been known to throw my hands up in the air and say SCREW IT! but only to take time to myself to appreciate being single.

It's pretty tough when 4 guys in a ROW ditch you because you won't sleep with them on the second date EVEN THOUGH they claimed they were looking for a relationship too. OR yet another boyfriend in the history of your dating life has LIED about a significant part of his life, even though he's had ample time to tell you the truth before you find out from friends. Went off there for a moment.

The one bit of advice I can tell women that are meeting all of the wrong guys and wanting to swear men off, is that by all means DO IT, but only temporarily and NOT by hurting yourself in the process. If you're going to swear men off for a while, use that time to secure in your SINGLENESS. I read an article a while back that said most people don't know how to be alone. We all want companionship, someones hand to hold or cuddle up with and we hate being by ourselves. They said women have it worse than men because we like attachments or something like that.

So learn to love being by yourself and staying in shape and getting new interests and being a hot 'commodity' because unless you settle, you've got a lot of bad apples to go through and you're going to need to know how to DEAL in between.

k-fed

Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Brainy Intellectual Type,

"The bad news for them is no man will care about the point they are making. Very few men will cry about manly fat women refusing to date. I don't recall a single suicide over my hesitation either. I think most women would just figure I am not available and move on to someone who is.

Bad news for them? I don't think they are worried about guys thinking they are fat or manly-they just don't care whether any men are attracted to them sexually or not.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,926 times
I've sworn off men.

The trouble is they don't know, and I keep forgetting.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I've sworn off men.

The trouble is they don't know, and I keep forgetting.

I have sworn off men, then I meet a guy, forget that, and become attracted and he brutally rejects me and I remember again. Vicious cycle, really.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
I can not get over the number of old friends and relatives who have decided to swear off men and dating after a few bad relationships.
This is sad.
Quote:
Do you know any men that would say that after a bad relationship?
We sure have had a lot of those on this forum! But IRL, I don't know any men or any women who have sworn off the opposite sex. Seems kind of like an urban myth, and a cyberspace phenom.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times
Two thousand frikkin nine.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
in a society that has no great remorse for ripoff, i am sure a lot of rotten things are done to women. i grieve greatly these misdeeds bek it fuels these CDF hate threads.
i want peace for men and women and this can come only when we begin to treat each other better.
happy thanksgiving

Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, I don't want to play "Blame The Victim" here. But when somebody has a string of disastrous relationships, whether that person is a man or a woman, the problem is always, without exception, the person who's doing the complaining.

You heard right, folks. If you have had a bunch of women or men tear out your heart and stomp that sucker flat, then chances are close to 100% that a) you have terrible taste in opposite sex, b) you are socially retarded, or c) you just have awful judgement.

Time to face the music. The problem's not with them. It's with you.
Yes, we do have a responsibility to be careful. At the same time we don't want to let the offender off the hook. Just sayin'

It takes two to tango, as they say.

Hey, maybe the person doing the complaining is in fact the victimizer him/herself trying to make himself look good. I've dealt with someone who screwed me over and then tried to turn it around to say that I screwed him over.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Yes, we do have a responsibility to be careful. At the same time we don't want to let the offender off the hook. Just sayin'

It takes two to tango, as they say.

Hey, maybe the person doing the complaining is in fact the victimizer him/herself trying to make himself look good. I've dealt with someone who screwed me over and then tried to turn it around to say that I screwed him over.
this is news.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,999 times
Quote:
Do you know any men that would say that after a bad relationship? I do not, just lots of women! Why?
I'm a man who has pretty much given up on dating for the time being. It's simply not worth the effort to me. I have better ways to waste my time these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.