Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:02 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times

Advertisements

Instant family....just add daddy( and my checkbook) I'll pass!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 07:49 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofi View Post
Every man fears the day when the faithful and often said "you aint my daddy" is shot at him. I've met this girl....all is well with but her kids. How can a young man proceed. How do i also tell if i won't be made to pay for the mistake of the previous man/men in her life.
Women kindly give me the key:....................
It could just as easily be someone else in her life who doesn't accept you. Suppose it's mother. Then what? Do you walk away or do you learn to deal with it. As someone who's dated women with kids, I've learned that it's not nearly as difficult as a lot of men make it out to be. It's not easy and there will be times that will try your patience. Personally, I think a lot of these people who talk themselves out of it cause they're scared of all the complications spend too much imagining how bad it would before really giving it a chance. You can try it and if it doesn't work out, at least you can say you tried.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
when she had those kids it was time to hang up dating. when they are 18 its time for them to leave and she can start over.
the rest is a whole lota confusion.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,820,456 times
Originial poster, how old are you? If you're under 30, don't do it. Otherwise, go ahead and date women whose kids are due to leave the nest REAL SOON.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM

343 posts, read 1,384,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

LOL haha

Old 04-20-2009, 07:22 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,859,110 times
Default Points for Young Women to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You might as well understand right off the bat that if you date/marry a woman with kids you will NEVER be a priority in her life. Everything will be children first and you second, or LAST even. Many men cannot handle this truth and it causes constant problems.

I would not recommend it.
Thanks. Its better to hear a woman state this. Too many have these silly romantic fantasies about “rescue”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
Because in certain age group there is rarely anyone without kids. Or in other words, virtually everyone worthy has some baggage kids included. No choice but dealing with it.
So true! Especially true where I live and the ratio of single men to women is nearly 2:1 for those over 30, and that’s not adjusting for single women with children!

The years and the opportunities slip by so quickly. Then some men get a lot of family pressure to settle.

I had a friend at that time of my life who married a divorcee with 3 kids. Everyone marvelled at how he could be such a gentleman when she was such a world class b***h. They had a 4th.

Once when he was out of town with me, he briefly discussed his relationship. She got what she wanted out of her first husband and adored the 3 kids, since they represented all that she thought was really important in life. “They’re just like their father” he told me and sure enough, they ended up delinquent, involved in teen pregnancies, generally unreliable – going nowhere fast. I know of two situations where they had to cut short vacations to “put out a fire” involving these kids.

His son was an honours student who never was treated that well by his mother. He gave me a short list of the differences right down to burning rather than tanning. I suspect he was just an insurance policy and she had no interest after paying the premium.

Surprisingly, they are still married but I haven’t seen them together in public in years.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:14 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,455,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofi View Post
Every man fears the day when the faithful and often said "you aint my daddy" is shot at him. I've met this girl....all is well with but her kids. How can a young man proceed. How do i also tell if i won't be made to pay for the mistake of the previous man/men in her life.
Women kindly give me the key:....................
The kids are part of the package. They are not a "mistake." You either learn to love the whole entire package or keep shopping.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when she had those kids it was time to hang up dating. when they are 18 its time for them to leave and she can start over.
the rest is a whole lota confusion.
True. How do parents of young children find time to date? Leaving children for 9-10 hours every day to work to support them is enough time away. The kids need their parent the other waking hours.

Bringing outsiders into the picture opens up too many cans of worms.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM

326 posts, read 881,033 times
Depends on how old you are. If you are in your 20s this would be a silly & stupid burden. But if you are in your 40s where are you gonna find a 33year old without kids? How old are you?

Old 04-22-2009, 07:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships