Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 08:19 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,440,737 times

Advertisements

My husband and I always hold hands. I sometimes rub his back while we are walking around and oops sometimes I slip and give his butt a little touch. We also give each of a kiss hello or goodbye in public. I think we just really enjoy our connection. I wouldn't do anything more in public unless I was drunk. About 10 years ago I attacked him in the parking lot after dinner. This is why I don't drink ha,ha.

I am "not" a huggy touchy type of person with anyone other than my husband. It just makes me feel uncomfortable. And if you are talking to me please stay at least a foot away. I hate it when someone is in my face and I have to keep backing up.

The one thing that will always put a smile on my face is when I see an older couple still holding hands. That is just so sweet and I hope I grow up to be just like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 02:45 PM

37,535 posts, read 61,568,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
My husband and I always hold hands. I sometimes rub his back while we are walking around and oops sometimes I slip and give his butt a little touch. We also give each of a kiss hello or goodbye in public. I think we just really enjoy our connection. I wouldn't do anything more in public unless I was drunk. About 10 years ago I attacked him in the parking lot after dinner. This is why I don't drink ha,ha.

I am "not" a huggy touchy type of person with anyone other than my husband. It just makes me feel uncomfortable. And if you are talking to me please stay at least a foot away. I hate it when someone is in my face and I have to keep backing up.

The one thing that will always put a smile on my face is when I see an older couple still holding hands. That is just so sweet and I hope I grow up to be just like them.
I hope you realize how blessed you are, and what a wonderful sounding relationship you are in.

That sounds very nice.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:49 PM

591 posts, read 1,417,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Public display of affection is something that is very difficult for me to do. I just can't do it. It's always been an awkward feeling.

Not to mention I have this thing about my personal space when out in public. I just don't like anyone being that close to me. Weird, I know.......

What about you? Do you display affection in public?

Ron.
I don't like an abundance of public display either. I do enjoy holding hands or an ocassional quick kiss but beyond that I don't like someone hanging on me when out. I think it's unapproprate and embarrassing if you ask me.
On the other hand I don't want to be totally ignored either. I wouldn't want my guy walking 3 blocks ahead or behind me either lol

Old 11-29-2008, 02:55 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,416,377 times
A kiss, a touch of the hand. Rub of the hair. The face. A hug.

I would say yes.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:42 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,543,565 times
We hold hands and always touch each other somehow. We also hold hands in bed..Yup we're gay like that..

Old 11-29-2008, 04:59 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,272,165 times
My wife and I often hold hands in public, and we'll give each other a little hug and peck on the lips to say hello or goodbye. French kissing, groping and other sexual acts can wait until we're alone.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times
Yes, I do. Are they coming for that next?

Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,008,369 times
I did not realize French Kissing was a "sexual act" lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
My wife and I often hold hands in public, and we'll give each other a little hug and peck on the lips to say hello or goodbye. French kissing, groping and other sexual acts can wait until we're alone.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:09 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,421,406 times
Depends on where we are. I don't do PDA in front of family or friends.

For the most part, the biggest PDA we do is his arm around my waist or just holding hands. However there was a time when we used to go clubbing in NYC and well, there were no rules then or there.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:11 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,711,904 times
A little touching or kissing is fine in public but no more than that. There is a time and place for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships