Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 07:56 PM

102,330 posts, read 108,561,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Are you from Dubai or the middle east or something?
No, he's gay and lives in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,944,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, he's gay and lives in the US.
Oh....I get it, he's in Dayton, Ohio huh?

Well, perhaps he should consider a more metropolitan area?

He could even move to Charlotte or Atlanta (further south) and get a kinder response than that for sure.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 PM

102,330 posts, read 108,561,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh....I get it, he's in Dayton, Ohio huh?

Well, perhaps he should consider a more metropolitan area?

He could even move to Charlotte or Atlanta (further south) and get a kinder response than that for sure.
Is it ok for gay people to do PDA in most of the US? Outside of San Francisco, and a few other cities? He said it can generate heckling and flack.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,764,082 times
Quote:
Is it ok for gay people to do PDA in most of the US? Outside of San Francisco, and a few other cities? He said it can generate heckling and flack.
I live in San Antonio, Texas, and I am a woman married to a woman. Generally we are not big on PDA but we hold hands in public with no problems and I see other lesbian couples do it all the time. I do think gay guys have a harder time, but I still see guys walking around holding hands.

I imagine it's less of a problem or issue in any larger city, regardless of where in the US, and a bigger problem in smaller towns.

I am not comfortable with more than hand holding or a quick kiss goodby or hello, but that is true for me regardless of if it's with someone of my own gender or not.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,519,916 times
Quote:
That's sad. Love is love. As for Sally Sparrow I can see where they might see her holding hands with her wife as two best friends because I have women BFF's that I have done that with - it was just the loving mood we were in. But neither one bothers me at all, it sure beats two lovers fighting in public.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,519,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I am two ways about this.
I agree that grandpa may have overdone it, yet sometimes willfully not touching builds up sexual tension. I have known people for whom the outward expression of emotion did not easily manifest, but I felt very loved by them. I do think that if you are close you pick up on each other in some psychic way. I hope I don't come off as too odd by saying that.

Sometimes, by restraining a lot of obvious outward demonstration, you can become more sensitive and attuned to each other.

If you observe some other animals, cats come to mind, some are very touchy-feely and others like being close, but not touching. I have never felt less love from the latter. We each have different temperaments.
No you don't come off as odd goldgrain. I understand perfectly what you said and it's true too. As a generalization most people will be as their parents were, which is why I said that about my folks so readers of my post could see "why" I think the way I do, not that it's the only way to think. Yet it is how I personally view love to be shown. My husband is not overtly physically demonstrative to me and it does leave me feeling empty sometimes. I wish he were more openly affectionate but he shows his love in other ways which I have learned to appreciate. Maybe because the way I was raised I am a serotonin junkie and need that show of physical affection which is why I have to dogs that raise my serotonin levels daily.
There have been studies done that physical affectionate contact, hugging, etc. induces the brain's serotonin levels to increase so I, personally, see it as a healthy part of one's life. Makes for happier folks on Earth.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,172,833 times
Hugging and kissing is fine by me, sloppy make out sessions aren't unless it's a bar and everyone is doing it.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:46 AM

56 posts, read 122,077 times
My boyfriend likes to kiss me in public and then say quite loudly, "You're the best sister ever!"
-_-
He thinks it's hilarious. :P lol

Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,190,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsettenurb View Post
My boyfriend likes to kiss me in public and then say quite loudly, "You're the best sister ever!"
-_-
I almost spit out my water reading this.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:45 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,005,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsettenurb View Post
-_-
Hahaha. That's so messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships