Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 04:01 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,096,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
While I do value all of the married/attached guys opinions and their past experience, I am asking this question to the currently single guys.

Would it be a deal-breaker to you if a woman you are interested in requested not to text (with each other)? This is assuming she told you she was okay with talking on the phone, getting together person, and short emails after you know each other well.

FYI: I did not create this to be a thread to ***** about texting, I just want to know from the guys what they would think if they received this request.
Yeah, I get bored if a girl doesn't text me and I usually cut off contact with her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 04:08 AM

6,778 posts, read 4,484,710 times
Texting. did it once. Dont care for it. Try calling, its more personable. Say what you have to say, and put the phone down, get on with your life. Stop texting while driving. I see this all the time.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:11 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,784,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Texting. did it once. Dont care for it. Try calling, its more personable. Say what you have to say.
I usually never receive a call and we have a "text argument".

Old 02-08-2014, 04:39 AM

887 posts, read 1,105,879 times
Quote:
While I do value all of the married/attached guys opinions and their past experience, I am asking this question to the currently single guys.

Would it be a deal-breaker to you if a woman you are interested in requested not to text (with each other)? This is assuming she told you she was okay with talking on the phone, getting together person, and short emails after you know each other well.

FYI: I did not create this to be a thread to ***** about texting, I just want to know from the guys what they would think if they received this request.
I would appreciate being asked to not text by a woman I was interested in

Old 02-08-2014, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 10,455 times
It wouldn't be a turn off. Instead, i would consider it a positive point. The stalker type who leaves 10 messages/hour during your work schedule is the real turn off. Leave the conversation to IRL meetings

Old 02-08-2014, 09:39 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,757,430 times
Quote:

Actually I would be the opposite. I would not like it at all if a guy was calling me on the phone all the time....comes across as needy and compartmentalized.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:44 AM

29,828 posts, read 34,767,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Actually I would be the opposite. I would not like it at all if a guy was calling me on the phone all the time....comes across as needy and compartmentalized.
For me, I wouldn't like calling all the time, either, but I'd definitely prefer a 5-10 minute phone call to catch up and make plans over endless "what's up?"-type texting.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:13 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,405,636 times
Total deal breaker, I get bored during the day and like bs'ing with my SO....

For some people, it's no issue at all. Just depends on the personality.. No right or wrong answer here, just personal preferences. If that's a deal breaker or hard and fast rule for you, then don't be surprised when some guys are turned off by it, as with anything else that you aren't willing to compromise on..

Old 02-08-2014, 11:24 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,461,701 times
I personally think an undue reliance on texting is a sign that the person in question has had a lobotomy. It's an impoverished way to communicate with others in any but the most basic way.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:30 AM

6,375 posts, read 7,888,306 times
Quote:
This has come up again. It always comes up and I don't know how to deal with it. A guy who i didnt know but seemed interesting asked me for my number. We traded numbers by text. Then after that I say to him that I'm not a big texter to try to let him know how I feel. Then he starts asking me questions about myself by text immediately and just generally trying to chat, which is the thing i hate. This is where I have trouble and don't know what to do. I know if I ignore his texts and not respond, then i know it will make him think that I'm not interested in him when in fact I am. But if I respond then it makes him think that I like texting. I always end up responding because I don't want to appear uninterested or rude, and then he proceeds to chat text me to death and I grow increasing irritated. I will usually then make another comment about how I'm not too keen on texting. Which the guy will either continue to completely ignore, which ends up turning me off of him (due to the growing irritation) or he will take my comment as an insult/rejection/rude/something negative and snap. The guy I just met said "Well then don't text me". I responded "Fair enough" but im pretty sure he's mad. I don't know what that's about. I never know how to bridge this gap with any guy, since most I meet love texting. Maybe it's impossible.
This young man sounds like a very selfish person and he is not listening to you. Yes, you like him, but do you want to get emotionally involved with someone who treats you this way. It irritates you now...it will cause you to hate him in the future. You deserve better. Let him go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships