Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,664,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Oh, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying people don't like it when you DON'T text back right away. I didn't realize there were people who didn't like getting a quick response.

I like getting a quick response but if i like a girl i have to fight my self not to text her right back got to make her wait . It sucks i do not want to seem desperate. I hate playing games but you have to now days to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 11:18 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,797,923 times
Quote:
It might just be my demographic, but I'm used to most men and women not liking to talk on the phone much these days. I find the phone to be best only for really brief things in situations where texting isn't practical, such as while driving, or if something needs to be conveyed that isn't easily typed. I find long, drawn-out phone conversations to be annoying, walking around holding a chunk of plastic to my ear listening to somebody blab at me through it. The sound quality on cell phones isn't as good as land-lines were back in the day, and when you combine that with my gradually failing nearly-middle-aged-dude hearing and all the background noise on calls (from traffic, etc.), it's just a grating experience all-around. I'd rather just get together in person to have a real conversation, complete with body language, touching, kissing, and food and drinks.
I'd rather get together in person too, but in the meantime, if we're going to connect somehow, I'd rather it be by talking on the phone than texting. At least I can hear their tone of voice. It's difficult for me to connect with someone through text. If we're talking by text, the only who will be enjoying it and connecting is him.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,633,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I'd rather get together in person too, but in the meantime, if we're going to connect somehow, I'd rather it be by talking on the phone than texting. At least I can hear their tone of voice. It's difficult for me to connect with someone through text. If we're talking by text, the only who will be enjoying it and connecting is him.
Yeah, I'd just rather text to arrange a time to get together. If there's time to chit-chat on the phone for an hour or two, there's time to just get together instead. (Unless you're talking about a long-distance relationship where you only see each other every few weeks or months. Even then I'd probably rather Skype than use the phone, though.)

Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'd just rather text to arrange a time to get together. If there's time to chit-chat on the phone for an hour or two, there's time to just get together instead. (Unless you're talking about a long-distance relationship where you only see each other every few weeks or months. Even then I'd probably rather Skype than use the phone, though.)
Agreed.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:27 PM

220 posts, read 271,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You need to learn how to read body language. It will serve you very well in life. Learn how to read words and their use to get inside a texters head. You will be able to do it on a forum such as this too.

It's kinds like the person who leaves a smoking rude post with a

Or a.....

Nah, it was A

Old 09-30-2013, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post

I like getting a quick response but if i like a girl i have to fight my self not to text her right back got to make her wait . It sucks i do not want to seem desperate. I hate playing games but you have to now days to.
I hate games like this too. It's sad that you think you have to play them with all girls.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:58 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,472,798 times
Quite the opposite. I hate texting. Actually a deal breaker for me would be a compulsive texter.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 AM

2,459 posts, read 3,611,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Quite the opposite. I hate texting. Actually a deal breaker for me would be a compulsive texter.
same here, I think being overly attached to ones phone is probably more comon with girls than with guys...

Old 09-30-2013, 04:55 AM

11,453 posts, read 24,640,762 times
I agree agree with the OP that texting isn't good for new relationships. People seem to think it's an adequate substitute for actual communication. Plus, it's annoying having to answer every little bleep your phone makes. Once you're an adult you probably have other things to do than tend the phone.

Texting incessantly is childish.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:31 AM

14 posts, read 20,572 times
I don't know if I would consider it a dealbreaker necessarily but I would question our compatibility. Personally I enjoy texting here and there throughout the day as opposed to sitting down for a lengthy time frame and talking. One of my Ex's preferred talking (although we would still text quite often at the time) on the phone regularly and it would often leave me frustrated. Although I have an introverted personality too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships