Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,101,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I have read that women dislike aspies more than anyone. OTOH, some are quite attracted to low IQ men (even borderline retarded) as long as his personality type is the extreme opposite of someoe with aspergers For example criminals are low IQ but have no probem attracting women. (note, I did not say ALL women like criminals, thank God for that). Often if a man is dumb but extreme opposite of an aspie she won't even notice he's dumb. But if he's on the autisim scale she will certainly notice and not like it
In other words women are dumb, LOL!
No not really, I don't believe this proposed factoid, and to any extent it's true it's from our dumb culture in America, and not about women in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,829,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
In other words women are dumb, LOL!
No not really, I don't believe this proposed factoid, and to any extent it's true it's from our dumb culture in America, and not about women in general
No, I don't think women are dumb. Just like men, some are smart, some are dumb, and many have IQs clustered around 100.

I stand by the comment that some women won't notice a man is dumb if he has no asperger type qualities (if he's socially skilled and confident). But if a man does have aspergers she will get the "retarded" vibe even if he does have a high IQ.

For the record, I score extremely low on aspergers tests myself but I have had aspie friends through the years...none who ever dated or had any women interested in them. Women strongly dislike aspie guys period. I doubt I would be interested in an aspie woman (which are more rare).

Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 PM

702 posts, read 727,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I have read that women dislike aspies more than anyone. OTOH, some are quite attracted to low IQ men (even borderline retarded) as long as his personality type is the extreme opposite of someoe with aspergers For example criminals are low IQ but have no probem attracting women. (note, I did not say ALL women like criminals, thank God for that). Often if a man is dumb but extreme opposite of an aspie she won't even notice he's dumb. But if he's on the autisim scale she will certainly notice and not like it.
People like confident, outgoing people. That is why people like that are popular.

If you are sitting, staring at the floor in silence or talking about some anime or train simulators or something of course people aren't going to be able to connect with you. They'll think "this guy is weird or boring" and then write you off.

"Be yourself" doesn't work when you are off putting or desperate.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:48 PM

29,756 posts, read 34,449,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
If you are sitting, staring at the floor in silence or talking about some anime or train simulators or something of course people aren't going to be able to connect with you. They'll think "this guy is weird or boring" and then write you off.
I think that's a little harsh toward people with Asperger's, but at the same time there are some typical aspie behaviors that can be problematic for people. If he can't read social cues or doesn't understand why someone might be sad or anticipate that they need a hug or to be left alone, that's something that can be difficult to deal with. Even with this OP, look at his other thread about being dumped and the level of detail that he went into in describing the situation (who wore what, what time they called, exact physical details, etc.) that can look obsessive to someone who doesn't understand.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:23 PM

39,259 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Look everyone has something about them that may be conceived as "different" by others. We all have crosses to bear.

Some people won't date you because you are "different", have aspergers. Some people won't date me because I am different for whatever the reasons. It is life. We all have our insecurities, nobody is perfect. Many beautiful powerful successful people struggle with self esteem issues. We are all equal.

Somebody will find you attractive, don't get discouraged!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,763,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Does anyone think that a woman will be interested in me for who I am?
i think that's an unrealistic expectation for anyone

Old 08-30-2013, 02:16 AM

322 posts, read 1,104,627 times
As a person that also struggles with asperger syndrome I definitely do have empathy for what your going through... It can be very very difficult to continue to believe in yourself when you feel like it's nearly impossible to find a girlfriend because of aspergers disorder...

Somehow though you have to find a way to still believe in yourself and that your a great person that despite the agonizing social struggles that do come with aspergers syndrome that still your worthy of being in a great relationship with a girl. Whatever you do though do do not give up hope in being in a relationship someday, instead, for now, find activities and hobbies that you really enjoy doing and that ...maybe in just spending time doing what you like to do, you just might attract a girl that appreciates you genuinely being happy doing the things you like to do whatever hobbies or passions that bring you joy...

Believe me im dealing with almost the exact same circumstances as a new college student at a new school in a new town In which i know no one it's been very very tough for me to make a friend here at my new school because of aspergers it makes me feel very shy and my anxiety is incredibly tough to deal with being in new environment I know ...it's really tough feeling like no body likes you and like no one wants to be your friend but somehow you have to have the stubborn faith that despite all the perceived odds that still it will work out for you that you still deserve better that what you have been dealt with.. In terms of social skills the thing is Im sure that.you have qualities that most people would only wish to have and like so if you can make your positive and endearing qualities stand out that I'm sure that a kind caring compassionate girl will see that side of you and the hope would be that maybe in due time, the perfect girl is right around the corner .. For sure though definitely consider finding support groups around your area with individuals that also struggle with aspergers disorders so that you can at least share how you feel and also hear how others are coping with the struggles that come with aspergers syndrome..if anything I would also consider moving from LA to a midwestern city where the people tend to be a bit more friendly and way way less materialistic

Anyways I hope this bit of advice helps out for you and remember we all have something unique and special to offer to this world and so I hope that I helped out a little bit

Take care and god bless...

Old 08-30-2013, 10:11 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,931,845 times
Aspergers is used too excessively. Put down the video game controller and tear up the anine magazines and grow up.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 4

Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,219,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Aspergers is used too excessively. Put down the video game controller and tear up the anine magazines and grow up.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 4
OP this is a regular in the P&OC threads. The type of person whose advice you should take with a grain of salt.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM

5 posts, read 8,683 times
Honestly I think you look like a nice guy. Yes you look super IT but smart is a good quality. You shouldn't be down on yourself...as a female I'll tell you that many of our sex are superficial as all get out. We can even be in the top with men (though we don't like to admit it). Looks aren't everything and shy is not really a handicap it just means that the woman you find needs to work a bit to bring you to a comfortable level to have you really open up. Never forget I said these words to you...YOU ARE NOT DAMAGED GOODS, YOU DESERVE A REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH A WORTHY WOMAN WHO WILL TREAT YOU LIKE A MAN AND NOT A MEDICAL ISSUE ON LEGS!!!!! I really wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry you are struggling to find someone to love you but if you don't give up hope and can muster up some self confidence you'll find a girl. Self confidence really is a huge turn on to us!!! Just don't take it to jerk status lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships