Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 12:09 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,929,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I'd recommend OKC. Even though I didn't click with anyone I met from there, I did get to meet a few people.
I will see how okay Cupid goes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 03:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,154 times
Default Most women are incredibly shallow

I've read through these posts and I'll add my 0.02c.

I recently did an experiment to see if my *looks* were the issue for the lack of success in the dating world (and dating sites) or the ladies were actually finding something wrong in my profile *text*.

I uploaded real pictures of myself and I tried to fill in my profile as honestly as possible. I'm just an average looking guy (much like the OP) no Brad Pitt, George Clooney, I’m just an average/everything where it should be looking guy (i'm also 6'2). After a few days of constantly sending out: "Hi, how are you?" messages (over 150 message i would guesstimate) to the ladies on pof.com, I didn't even get one reply! Women would check my profile (I could see it from my *viewer* history) but NOT ONE replied!

I couldn't figure why women weren't responding to me?! I'm a normal looking guy, contacting normal looking women. I'm 32 and I was contacting women in the age range of 28-38 years old. I like fat/thin/whatever, i'm not too picky because what's more important to me is meeting them and seeing if we chemistry in-person, and our dynamics match.

Anyway, back to my experiment:

Some people were suggesting that my profile *text* was wrongly worded and that was the real reason why women weren't replying to me. They were getting PUT-OFF by something I was saying.

To get to the bottom of why women weren't replying to me, I decided to conduct a little experiment. So I went on google images and found a decent looking model picture *something believable*, not hyper-handsome, just middle of the road model looking type in his 30s. And I *just* changed my profile picture to that. Everything else on my profile remained the same.

Guess what happened?.... I couldn't believe it! I started getting responses from 50% of the women I was writing to! Fat/thin/young/old... Women were even proactively contacting me first - Women I hadn't even messaged first!

All their messages were open ended too. They would purposefully ask me questions in the messages (like a normal conversation should be) so I could continue talking to them - Bascially, women weren't putting barriers up or putting everything I say under a microscope, like they usually do when I try to talk to them. For fun, I even started saying random garbage to put them off.... Unbelievably, they still responded to me!

My conclusion: Women don't give a hoot on what's written on my profile! I'm sure a lot of them didn't even read it. So the real reason women weren't contacting me is because they think i'm ugly and not good looking enough for them. - So if you're just a normal looking guy, I wish you the best of luck in the dating world, because *most* normal looking women believe they are at the status level of dating models. To get with most of these women on dating sites (or in the real world) you need to be quite handsome. - It's all about what you look like.

Or, if you're not handsome, you have to be rich. - It's a sad conclusion, and one I don't like but from my own personal experiment it seems to be fact.

Last edited by simpleuser; 01-02-2014 at 05:05 AM..

Old 01-02-2014, 09:51 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,235,966 times
Quote:

My conclusion: Women don't give a hoot on what's written on my profile! I'm sure a lot of them didn't even read it. So the real reason women weren't contacting me is because they think i'm ugly and not good looking enough for them. - So if you're just a normal looking guy, I wish you the best of luck in the dating world, because *most* normal looking women believe they are at the status level of dating models. To get with most of these women on dating sites (or in the real world) you need to be quite handsome. - It's all about what you look like.

Or, if you're not handsome, you have to be rich. - It's a sad conclusion, and one I don't like but from my own personal experiment it seems to be fact.
Care to show the pic from Google?

Old 02-06-2014, 09:12 PM

Today I sent out 35 replies to ads on plentyofish with no replays. It's frusterating!! Will anyone give me a chance or do I not have a chance at all?

Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 PM

I'm starting to feel hopeless interms of dating and meeting a girl

Old 02-06-2014, 10:46 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I'm starting to feel hopeless interms of dating and meeting a girl

Likely there are plenty of reasons gals you want don't want you such as your fatness, glasses, or probable lacking social skills due to Aspergers. Have you worked on either of those factors? If not it seems your dating options may be hopeless.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Likely there are plenty of reasons gals you want don't want you such as your fatness, glasses, or probable lacking social skills due to Aspergers. Have you worked on either of those factors? If not it seems your dating options may be hopeless.
Even fat girls won't date me.

My wieght I can work on.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with the glasses.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,012,374 times
POF is a cesspool. Stop stop stop.

Work on your weight. Get cooler glasses. Get your sh*t together (education, career, etc). Try again.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
POF is a cesspool. Stop stop stop.

Work on your weight. Get cooler glasses. Get your sh*t together (education, career, etc). Try again.
Do you think POF is a bad place to look for girls?

I have a BA degree from a university already.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:59 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,163,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Do you think POF is a bad place to look for girls?

I have a BA degree from a university already.
PoF has a reputation for being seedier than its competitors, E-Harmony, Match, and OkC. I have never used it personally but friends have told me about how hook-up focused and crass it was in comparison the other sites. I'm currently using OkC and that seems to be the best free dating site for people in their 20s and 30s. It's user-friendly, has a lot of ethnic and cultural diversity. E-harmony and match.com seemed to cater to a much older, richer, more conservative and WASPy demographic. Of course, one has to keep in mind that location matters. If you're living in a rural area going online won't magically increase the number of people to message, because the site draws on people who are living there already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships