Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 08:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I gave him a multitude of links, too on another thread, as well as a recommendation he work on himself before dating, but I think OP is looking for an answer that doesn't require leaving his comfort zone.
Honestly, I see no point in this thread rambling on. The OP has been given an enormous amount of advice on this and his other threads but chooses not to look into any options, obviously preferring to wallow in his misery and for every suggestion make an excuse why that doesn't work. This excuse of mild Asperger's becomes very old when others with more severe difficulties manage to surmount obstacles and make their way.

As his parents enable him so do many posters here. Out of the sheer goodness of their big hearts, certainly, but this 32 year old man is going to do nothing until someone gives him a really big boot in the arse. And somehow I don't think that's going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I gave him a multitude of links, too on another thread, as well as a recommendation he work on himself before dating, but I think OP is looking for an answer that doesn't require leaving his comfort zone.
I'm going to look for a job and loose weight before looking for another woman.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM

14 posts, read 15,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I'm going to look for a job
You stated in post 1 that you are employed which was 3 months ago. So you got sacked in between?

Old 08-07-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne75 View Post
You stated in post 1 that you are employed which was 3 months ago. So you got sacked in between?
When I wrote the post I had a little part time job.

I'm unemployed now

Old 08-23-2013, 03:30 AM

Finding other woman who will even give me one date is impossible for me. Help I'm lost??
I'm seriously thinking about giving up dating and looking for woman.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:33 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Finding other woman who will even give me one date is impossible for me. Help I'm lost??
Do you want to give up? Can you handle giving up?

Old 08-23-2013, 04:23 AM

50,776 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
I thought you were going to concentrate on getting your life together before trying to date? The fact that your life is not in a good place right now and that you cannot get a date, are related.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:01 AM

769 posts, read 976,860 times
Personally you need to get your priorities straight. Finding a girlfriend should be on the lower end of the priority list.

1. Get a full time job. Without $$ very few women are willing to go out with someone.

2. Learn some social skills. Start small. Go to the mall and try to smile at once person. Not creepy stalker smile but just acknowledge them. That is a good step. Hold your head up and don't look at the ground.

3. Get contacts. I wear glasses also but wear my contacts 90% of the time. When I wear my glasses I look like a geek.

4. Quit using your Asperger's as a crutch. Seriously. YOU can break out of that cycle IF you really want to but using it as a crutch is only hurting you.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM

334 posts, read 537,627 times
There are Asperger's dating sites. I would suggest trying one.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I mentioned a site for people with Asperger's-that has Love/Dating section-to the OP in a comment I made pages back in this thread.
OP didn't respond to that suggestion, but I would also recommend the site to others who are on the neurodiverse spectrum, WrongPlanet.net.
Wrong Planet Forums
(It's not a competing site with City-Data, it's for a particular population-as well as for the people who want to better understand them)
I joined wrong planet already.

I already signed up for the aspergers dating site. So far no one who lives near me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships