Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,258,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
My GF was not insulted by what I said. I'm 1000%, Maury Povich-style, certain of that. How do I know? She started dating me because she loves my sense of humor and I'm well known in my group of friends of being a jokester. Clearly, that is not going to come across on here. So, I'm not going to continue to address that.
If you have a habit of joking around with your female friends about having sex with them, as your GF is sitting right there, she may have just gotten sick and tired of it. That kind of thing gets old very quickly.

Consider your audience. Also, consider the irony. There you are, annoyed at your friend for disrespecting you in front of your girlfriend, yet you see nothing disrespectful in your own actions. Put yourself in your GF's shoes: How would you like it if she were joking around about having sex with her friends, while you were sitting right there? At the very least, I'd be willing to bet that other women in the room were cringing on the inside when all of this went down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM

19,870 posts, read 20,472,885 times
Quote:
Obviously, posting here was a waste of my time. If you don't know someones personality, it seems that people enjoy just ripping into you.
But your female friend DOES know you and she's the one who ripped into you...

*Everyone else here is just trying to help you make sense of things, as they were described.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM

803 posts, read 1,884,393 times
Vintage Sunlight, ok i didnt know that she has been ignoring u since that nite and stuff. i thought from your first post that she was acting just a little different. the joke u made wasnt terrible. but if your girlfriend was overly jealous or had any insecurities that u are friends with girls then i can see the joke being "hurtful" to her.

however, she knows your personality and that u are the jokester of the group.. and she happens to know your short. u didnt go off on jane in front of your girlfriend so it cant be that she thinks youre hot headed or whatever. im thinking , now this is my opinion.. when 1 girl says something other girls in a cliques or group can follow.. when jane said that she wouldnt have a baby with you because your short maybe ure girlfriend was like "maybe jane is rite." maybe u being short was a problem for her but ure humerous personlity outshined any physical appearance.

now ask yourself, is she the type that is a follower or a leader?.. if she is mostly a follower than shes a person whos thoughts are clearly influenced by those around her, then its possible that shes going by what jane said. who knows?! and of course u and her were or are boyfriend and girlfriend so yes u need to know what happened or if the relationship is done, at least some sort of closure would be nice and its not wrong to ask that considering u and her were close from what u said earlier.

so u called and txted and all that and she didnt respond to you but she had time to upload a picture. that must hurt u and bother u somewhat but i would say, as much as u might want to call or text some more.. leave it alone. in this case her actions are speaking alot louder than words.

again, good luck and as foreverblue said, good riddance to the both your friend and girlfriend.. a friend doesnt put u down like that especially in front of people and ESPECIALLY in front of your significant other and your girlfriend shouldnt be so superficial to let u go because ure not 8 ft tall. maybe not now but in the future, u will meet someone else who has absloutely no problem with u or how u look and knows how to communicate with u!..

..when u meet that person, u will realize that this exgirlfriend did u a favor by never responding back to u..

Last edited by Mandy612; 01-28-2013 at 12:01 PM..

Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,244,795 times
I have plenty of short friends who have no problems getting girls. They workout, project confidence, and have good personalities. I am sure that height factors little into the equation when it comes to them being successful with women.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:18 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,938,731 times
Quote:
Obviously, posting here was a waste of my time. If you don't know someones personality, it seems that people enjoy just ripping into you. Like I said, if Robin Williams said this, it would be fine. Its easy to compartmentalize someone you don't know, and assume that they can't get away with jokes- only certified comedians can. Think a little outside the box, people. Personalities are multi-faceted and dynamic, not pixels on a computer screen.

My GF was not insulted by what I said. I'm 1000%, Maury Povich-style, certain of that. How do I know? She started dating me because she loves my sense of humor and I'm well known in my group of friends of being a jokester. Clearly, that is not going to come across on here. So, I'm not going to continue to address that.

I'm quite sure that she (who was too shy to comment to my friend Jane, who is bold and opinionated) was questioning things after hearing what my ex-friend said. Maybe that makes her weak willed. I would agree with that. While I have no window into her brain, any man who is in-tune with his woman can sense a marked change in her demeanor immediately after this. Otherwise, as a man, you shouldn't be dating.

I spoke with another girl-friend today to ask her. She is also about 5'0" tall, and she said that it never came across to her that I am short, because I am 5" taller than her. She said I don't carry myself as a short guy or appear that way. She said that, as a woman, she thinks my ex was impulsive and flakey. She thinks its possible that Pandoras box was probably opened in some way by what my friend said. She also said that some other dude, was eyeing her up that night and she thinks that my ex might have gotten his business card. I was with her almost the whole night, but I didn't want to hang over her like a vulture, so its possible. I'm going to call my ex one final time today and *try* to talk to her, because I just want to know the truth, so I can work on whatever I might have done wrong for next time.

This is an internet forum. You come here for free advice from uninterested parties, if thats not good enough for you don't let the door hit you on the way out.
News flash: you are not Robin Williams and chances are you aren't as funny as you think you are. Don't quit your day job. No one cares if you are short or not, clearly you need to work on that complex.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,848,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I disagree. I've made plenty of inappropriate jokes with people I didn't actually want to sleep with. Friends banter back and forth all the time. Maybe I'm just hard to offend but I don't see the big deal with what was said. Regardless being in a mature adult relationship means communicating, so whatever her issue is who knows or cares at this point. Silent treatment is what little kids do to each other.
I think it was sounding a little too literal on here, as if the entire room went quiet and I boldly announced that I wanted to have sex with the girl. It was a quip, quickly said, and she set herself up for it, so the timing was appropriate.

Many people here are dwelling on that, when that is simply a non issue.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,177,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
This is an internet forum. You come here for free advice from uninterested parties, if thats not good enough for you don't let the door hit you on the way out.
News flash: you are not Robin Williams and chances are you aren't as funny as you think you are. Don't quit your day job. No one cares if you are short or not, clearly you need to work on that complex.
Implying Robin Williams is even funny anymore after Patch Adams. Which was more of a sappy drama than a comedy.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,894,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I disagree. I've made plenty of inappropriate jokes with people I didn't actually want to sleep with.
one small difference, you are a woman...but having said that you could be right but if he really knew his FF well then he would know what joke was appropriate with her..clearly she didnt take to that particular joke the way he intended

Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,894,601 times
Quote:
I think it was sounding a little too literal on here, as if the entire room went quiet and I boldly announced that I wanted to have sex with the girl. It was a quip, quickly said, and she set herself up for it, so the timing was appropriate.

Many people here are dwelling on that, when that is simply a non issue.
ok so what do you want us to focus on? The FF who dissed you, or the GF who won't talk to you? I don't think its the FF's fault if thats where you are going with this, you made a comment she made another back...I mean if that is what caused your girl to drop you, then she wasnt that interested to begin with, or maybe she didnt like the way you talked to the girl calling her B-word...who knows

Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,857,946 times
Are you sure she was actually your girlfriend? Because typically people in committed relationships at least have a conversation when they break up. I suspect she was just not into you and maybe you thought it was more than it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships