Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,772,710 times

Advertisements

Your circle of friends are all female? Come on, man. You need some male friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yep. Poor form, OP.
Interesting. As I explained, that wasn't the issue. Nonetheless, I recognize that if Robin Williams was making a joke, it would have been ok. Across a computer screen, it isn't registering.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Your circle of friends are all female? Come on, man. You need some male friends.
Not at all. Just at this particular party, it was mostly my female friends there (and a few guy friends too).

Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Not at all. Just at this particular party, it was mostly my female friends there (and a few guy friends too).
Glad you have guy friends to talk to and hang out with.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Glad you have guy friends to talk to and hang out with.
Sure. Its important to have both. Different perspectives.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Sure. Its important to have both. Different perspectives.
You need to go talk to your guy friends about this problem.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,915,762 times
OP - did you go off on your friend Jane about what she had said regarding your height, in front of your GF? your post didn't make it clear.

if you did, it's possible your GF saw that as some sort of hidden complex? i dunno...

Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,079,823 times
Your friend obviously didn't like your joke or she wouldn't have responded like that. You weren't dumped because of your friend, so you can stop being a little girl and acting like it's her fault. What are you a 15 year old high school girl? Good lord dude, grow a pair.

I bet your gf had been waiting to dump you for a while regardless.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,496,419 times
1) I don't think it's a problem you have a lot of female friends. My current romantic interest has mainly female friends, and it's not threatening in the least.

2) Joking about having sex with one of them was questionable, but whatever. I don't think this was much of a relationship ender.

3) This was going nowhere to begin with. If this girl was turned off because one of your friends went on a rant about short men, that's some pretty shallow affection. That she didn't come to your defense is telling, 'cause I would've ripped anyone ragging on my man a new one.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:14 AM

803 posts, read 1,885,774 times
hey i also have to agree with pear martini and the others, u joking with jane saying "ok lets go upstairs" while may have been funny and your girlfriend laughed, she was probably thinking about it long after the joke was said.

on the other hand, if she has the sense of humor ure saying she does and laughs things off (like laughing at the upstairs joke)she couldve said "Jane ure like, 10 feet tall everyone is gonna be short to u!!" or ure gf couldve told jane, "hey jane, when ure 5 foot 1, 5'5 is tall!! "

i understand why ure mad and it sux to have friends put u down (even if its unknowingly)especially in front of other ppl.

i have to agree with ruth4truth, with friends like that who needs enemies? noone needs people in their life who are gonna critique them and put them down whenever they can. especially in the company of others.

but i can see why jane insists that she was doing you a favor..janes argument sounds like "if your girlfriend really cares about you then she wouldnt let your height get in the way of your relationship" maybe gf didnt like the sexual nature of the "lets go upstairs" and then u defending your genetics to your friend on y she wouldnt have a baby with u!

now for your gf, nxt time u talk to her just dont bring up the convo from that nite, or talk about your height at all. if she keeps acting distant just ask her if somethings bothering her and if she wants to talk about it. maybe coincidently, something else is going on with her that just so happened around the time of that jane situation/

also did u go off on your friend jane in front of your gf?

good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships