Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 02:49 PM

85 posts, read 97,573 times

Advertisements

So there is this girl I am friends with, we will call her Sarah. We met at school one day after I had noticed that she was looking quite frequently at me. I asked her if she would like to study for the final in our class that we had together, and she said she was studying at home but went ahead and gave me her number. So later, I did a little bit of Facebook stalking and realized her birthday was the following day. I decided to give her some breathing room considering she was probably going to be really busy with friends and family. I texted her later that day so that she would have my number, and I asked her out to coffee(Starbucks on campus) the Monday following her bday weekend. She said that she was busy with finals but that she would like to go after they are finished.

After finals were over, I texted her and asked her to coffee again. She kindly turned me down and told me that she was leaving town that day and that she would like to hang out when she gets back. We didn't speak all summer long, until she texted me the first day back to school. We caught up on things, exchanged class schedules, and texted pretty consistently throughout the day.

I mentioned not liking the class I had during my 12:30 time slot, and she mentioned that I should register for her class that was at that time. So I went ahead and did that after I saw that the class would benefit me in the long run(Mass Comm. Law). My first day in that class was the third day that class was in session, so everyone had already gotten comfortable in where they sat. When I walked in she got up, hugged me, and told me in a quiet voice that she was sitting with her friend. I acted nonchalant about it and found a seat next to another girl that we will call Blondie.

The next time I had came into class, Sarah sat with me for the entirety of the session and talked a lot. After that, she sat next to her friend and I sat next to Blondie. I hit it off with Blondie(sort of) and became class buddies with her. After Sarah noticed this, she sat where Blondie usually sat for two classes in a row and it sort of ruined my friendship with Blondie(she moved those two days and sat beside another guy in class. They sat together for the remainder of the semester). Around this time, I thought I might give it another go and asked her if she would like to come with my friend and I to a shopping plaza. She kindly turned me down for unknown reasons.

I skipped class towards the middle/end of the semester and usually texted Sarah to ask about assignments and quizzes. She was really good about letting me know deadlines in a timely manner. Two different days I showed up to class, she loaded me up with compliments about how nice I looked and demanded a hug because she "missed me". When finals rolled around, I asked her what material we were going to have, and she sent me a brief message about it and even followed it up with a call(first time she had called me not during school hours). She called to inform me of more info that she had left out of the text.

After this semester ended, we texted a few times asking about class schedules. We were supposed to go grab lunch, but I think we mutually forgot about it since we didn't have concrete plans set.

Last night, Sarah texted me asking how my Christmas was and we exchanged a few text messages until she asked me to come to church with her today(Sunday). I agreed since she has asked me numerous times in the past and I've always been busy. So I met up with her today at church and she looked really happy to see me(there was a guy there with her but she said maybe 2 words to him the entire time). She gave me a hug, told me she was happy I could make it, and we took our seats. She pointed out her mom and sister in an attempt to wave them down(I guess she was trying to do some type of introduction?) She then explained why her father wasn't there but assured me that he usually is. When she spoke to me, she moved in really close(a few inches past the social norm) and frequently looked me in the eyes. When I laughed at something, she would laugh(she didn't laugh at anything I didn't laugh at. I held my laughter in on some jokes to test it out and I'm pretty sure she laughed because I did). She moved her hair from one side of her neck to the other, and a very noticeable amount of it brushed my arm. At the end, we walked out and ran into some of her friends. She introduced me and told me she was very happy that I came. She wants me to come with her to a Wednesday session and insisted we do it more often. Before she left, she started explaining how their services worked. When she was doing so, our eye contact was solid about 90% of the time.

So my question is: What the hell does she want? Does she like me or am I friend-zoned? Is she trying to convert me(?) to: be a better Christian/to be able to date me with her parents approval? If you have any comments to make about this that could benefit me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Side notes:
-She's 21
-She deleted her Facebook in September. When I asked her about it, she said her ex got into a relationship with someone and she couldn't handle it.
-We talked for 2 hours at school in late August about Christians and Muslims
- I'm guessing her type based off of my experience with her. I'm 100% certain she is an E, 90% chance of her being an S, DEFINITE FEELER, and 60% chance of her being perceptive. The ESFP profile fits her to a T but she could be an ESFJ. The lingering question is whether or not she can read people. I don't think she cares to do that and simply sees good in everyone.
- I look completely American(Mother's genes) and was born and raised in America. The only foreign thing about me is my bloodline and my name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 02:56 PM

491 posts, read 570,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figuremeout View Post
So there is this girl I am friends with, we will call her Sarah. We met at school one day after I had noticed that she was looking quite frequently at me. I asked her if she would like to study for the final in our class that we had together, and she said she was studying at home but went ahead and gave me her number. So later, I did a little bit of Facebook stalking and realized her birthday was the following day. I decided to give her some breathing room considering she was probably going to be really busy with friends and family. I texted her later that day so that she would have my number, and I asked her out to coffee(Starbucks on campus) the Monday following her bday weekend. She said that she was busy with finals but that she would like to go after they are finished.

After finals were over, I texted her and asked her to coffee again. She kindly turned me down and told me that she was leaving town that day and that she would like to hang out when she gets back. We didn't speak all summer long, until she texted me the first day back to school. We caught up on things, exchanged class schedules, and texted pretty consistently throughout the day.

I mentioned not liking the class I had during my 12:30 time slot, and she mentioned that I should register for her class that was at that time. So I went ahead and did that after I saw that the class would benefit me in the long run(Mass Comm. Law). My first day in that class was the third day that class was in session, so everyone had already gotten comfortable in where they sat. When I walked in she got up, hugged me, and told me in a quiet voice that she was sitting with her friend. I acted nonchalant about it and found a seat next to another girl that we will call Blondie.

The next time I had came into class, Sarah sat with me for the entirety of the session and talked a lot. After that, she sat next to her friend and I sat next to Blondie. I hit it off with Blondie(sort of) and became class buddies with her. After Sarah noticed this, she sat where Blondie usually sat for two classes in a row and it sort of ruined my friendship with Blondie(she moved those two days and sat beside another guy in class. They sat together for the remainder of the semester). Around this time, I thought I might give it another go and asked her if she would like to come with my friend and I to a shopping plaza. She kindly turned me down for unknown reasons.

I skipped class towards the middle/end of the semester and usually texted Sarah to ask about assignments and quizzes. She was really good about letting me know deadlines in a timely manner. Two different days I showed up to class, she loaded me up with compliments about how nice I looked and demanded a hug because she "missed me". When finals rolled around, I asked her what material we were going to have, and she sent me a brief message about it and even followed it up with a call(first time she had called me not during school hours). She called to inform me of more info that she had left out of the text.

After this semester ended, we texted a few times asking about class schedules. We were supposed to go grab lunch, but I think we mutually forgot about it since we didn't have concrete plans set.

Last night, Sarah texted me asking how my Christmas was and we exchanged a few text messages until she asked me to come to church with her today(Sunday). I agreed since she has asked me numerous times in the past and I've always been busy. So I met up with her today at church and she looked really happy to see me(there was a guy there with her but she said maybe 2 words to him the entire time). She gave me a hug, told me she was happy I could make it, and we took our seats. She pointed out her mom and sister in an attempt to wave them down(I guess she was trying to do some type of introduction?) She then explained why her father wasn't there but assured me that he usually is. When she spoke to me, she moved in really close(a few inches past the social norm) and frequently looked me in the eyes. When I laughed at something, she would laugh(she didn't laugh at anything I didn't laugh at. I held my laughter in on some jokes to test it out and I'm pretty sure she laughed because I did). She moved her hair from one side of her neck to the other, and a very noticeable amount of it brushed my arm. At the end, we walked out and ran into some of her friends. She introduced me and told me she was very happy that I came. She wants me to come with her to a Wednesday session and insisted we do it more often. Before she left, she started explaining how their services worked. When she was doing so, our eye contact was solid about 90% of the time.

So my question is: What the hell does she want? Does she like me or am I friend-zoned? Is she trying to convert me(?) to: be a better Christian/to be able to date me with her parents approval? If you have any comments to make about this that could benefit me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Side notes:
-She's 21
-She deleted her Facebook in September. When I asked her about it, she said her ex got into a relationship with someone and she couldn't handle it.
-We talked for 2 hours at school in late August about Christians and Muslims
- I'm guessing her type based off of my experience with her. I'm 100% certain she is an E, 90% chance of her being an S, DEFINITE FEELER, and 60% chance of her being perceptive. The ESFP profile fits her to a T but she could be an ESFJ. The lingering question is whether or not she can read people. I don't think she cares to do that and simply sees good in everyone.
- I look completely American(Mother's genes) and was born and raised in America. The only foreign thing about me is my bloodline and my name.
If you were Denzel, Brad Pitt, or any other attractive male celebrity do you think she would play games with you? No. She wouldn't. If a woman likes you she makes it obvious and wants to be around you. Otherwise she's just juggling and comparing you to her other options.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
If you were Denzel, Brad Pitt, or any other attractive male celebrity do you think she would play games with you? No. She wouldn't. If a woman likes you she makes it obvious and wants to be around you. Otherwise she's just juggling and comparing you to her other options.
You make a valid point, but she was throwing me for a loop before and during her facebook removal. This makes me think that she was getting over her ex before pursuing another relationship.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:07 PM

Like I said: If she really wanted you she would be with you. No guessing. No loops. No games. If she 'isn't sure' or whatever then you are just an option till her real prize shows up.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Like I said: If she really wanted you she would be with you. No guessing. No loops. No games. If she 'isn't sure' or whatever then you are just an option till her real prize shows up.
So why is she inviting me to accompany her to church?

My theories on this are the following:
-She really likes me but knows her parents wont approve. So in order for me to be her "prize", I must be christian.
-She wants to be around me more in a public setting to get a better feel for me.
-She is trying to bring me to a place where her family frequently goes in order to gauge their reaction of me so that if she does want a relationship with me, her family wont be thrown for a loop with my name.
-She wants to convert me in order to fulfill some missionary requirement.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM

681 posts, read 619,481 times
Lbomb has a point. She is just having you on the back burner and screwing with your head. On a side note, I like it when girls get jealous, it's so cute!, but that cuteness costed you a potential friendship with blondie and who knows she could have been your next gf and TOUGH to sarah because she would have waited too long. She would have placed more value on you because she would have lost her chance and she would have known it, by allowing her to call the shots, it seems that you have been downgraded in her eyes. If she really liked you, she would answer texts, calls, and it would not be just about school.

As for church, are you serious? She had someone ELSE there with her? I feel bad for that guy because he probably liked her too. She's 21 and girls like that are just getting a start. She may also be trying to convert you to go to her church. A woman respects a man that makes decisions in his life based on his life and now what other people say. It's a big test to see if you are a push over or not. Are you gonna cave in and do X, Y, and Z for her? Or are you gonna say screw it, be a man and live your own life? If she comes around fine, but i wouldn't go out of my way for her.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
So why is she inviting me to accompany her to church?

My theories on this are the following:
-She really likes me but knows her parents wont approve. So in order for me to be her "prize", I must be christian.
-She wants to be around me more in a public setting to get a better feel for me.
-She is trying to bring me to a place where her family frequently goes in order to gauge their reaction of me so that if she does want a relationship with me, her family wont be thrown for a loop with my name.
-She wants to convert me in order to fulfill some missionary requirement.
Women date men regardless of what their parents think this isn't the 20's also that would make him a 'bad boy'. My theory is her other options didn't turn out the way she wanted and you are a fallback guy. If she wanted you from the beginning she would've chosen you. 8 months to decide she LIKES you? Not love but LIKE? Seems like you were just a backup plan. If you are okay with that then go for it. Just remember women aren't stupid or confusing they know what they want. They just play dumb to men who are her options. If you were a priority you would've met the family and church along time ago. Men make their own decisions. They don't let anyone else do it for them.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Lbomb has a point. She is just having you on the back burner and screwing with your head. On a side note, I like it when girls get jealous, it's so cute!, but that cuteness costed you a potential friendship with blondie and who knows she could have been your next gf and TOUGH to sarah because she would have waited too long. She would have placed more value on you because she would have lost her chance and she would have known it, by allowing her to call the shots, it seems that you have been downgraded in her eyes. If she really liked you, she would answer texts, calls, and it would not be just about school.

As for church, are you serious? She had someone ELSE there with her? I feel bad for that guy because he probably liked her too. She's 21 and girls like that are just getting a start. She may also be trying to convert you to go to her church. A woman respects a man that makes decisions in his life based on his life and now what other people say. It's a big test to see if you are a push over or not. Are you gonna cave in and do X, Y, and Z for her? Or are you gonna say screw it, be a man and live your own life? If she comes around fine, but i wouldn't go out of my way for her.
I later found out blondie had a boyfriend :P So that was a no-go. Sarah always answers my texts and calls, regardless of what its about.

Yeah, the other guy seemed to be really into the whole service. He also looked VERY uncomfortable. I did feel bad for him because she was paying him 0 attention. The reason I believe she means well is because she is one of those people who doesn't have a single enemy. If someone was upset with her, she would probably cry and apologize repeatedly without even knowing why they were upset. She is very outgoing, smiles all the time, and is sweet to everyone.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Women date men regardless of what their parents think this isn't the 20's also that would make him a 'bad boy'. My theory is her other options didn't turn out the way she wanted and you are a fallback guy. If she wanted you from the beginning she would've chosen you. 8 months to decide she LIKES you? Not love but LIKE? Seems like you were just a backup plan. If you are okay with that then go for it. Just remember women aren't stupid or confusing they know what they want. They just play dumb to men who are her options. If you were a priority you would've met the family and church along time ago. Men make their own decisions. They don't let anyone else do it for them.
She has invited me to church more times than I can count. I just kept turning her down...

Also, her family plays a major role in her life(she is "best friends" with her mom and she is very close with her dad). I know its not the 20's, but here in the bible belt, parent's play a major part in the kid's decision, ESPECIALLY if the kid goes to church often.

On a side note to Lbomb- I was looking through her fb pictures and came across pictures of her and her ex. We share a lot of the same features(Hair, facial structure, height, eye shape, etc). Also, when I said she was looking at me quite frequently in class, that went on for 2 weeks before I mustered up the courage to talk to her.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I later found out blondie had a boyfriend :P So that was a no-go. Sarah always answers my texts and calls, regardless of what its about.

Yeah, the other guy seemed to be really into the whole service. He also looked VERY uncomfortable. I did feel bad for him because she was paying him 0 attention. The reason I believe she means well is because she is one of those people who doesn't have a single enemy. If someone was upset with her, she would probably cry and apologize repeatedly without even knowing why they were upset. She is very outgoing, smiles all the time, and is sweet to everyone.
Lol she has a boyfriend which means she's using the other men as a 'warning sign' to her boyfriend that if he doesn't do right she has multiple men to take his place. And there is no way she doesn't know that the other guys don't like her especially if she's attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships