Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:24 PM

491 posts, read 571,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figuremeout View Post
No, im a theist. Still wondering about stuff.
So convert her to a theist. Don't change religion to get with someone. Do it because you believe in it. Hell you don't have to convert her. If she wont date you because you are christian then move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 04:25 PM

85 posts, read 97,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePew View Post
If you're not a "christian" as i assume she is, then it's against her religion to marry someone who isn't. She's trying to see if you'll be a Christian, so she can date you. I'm very familiar with those types of people, so believe me that it matters very much if the person she is dating is christian. If you want to date her, you have to go to her church and be that religion.
Dammit.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I have a baby boy and if a girl did this to him I'd tell him the following:

You have wasted 8 months regardless of whether or not you've been close its still a long time. You know if your attracted to someone. If she was really into you she wouldn't be indecisive, she would want you in case someone else got you. Facebook issue, she didn't have to delete it all she had to do was take him off hers it's so simple. I think having you there giving her attention and flirting makes her feel better especially if she was hurting because of her ex. Your not second best so don't act like it, ask her straight if she likes you or not dont waste your time your young I'm sure they're plenty girls who would be happy to be with you.

And seriously I would not be impressed if a guy asked me to you to church!that is not cool. You go for dinner, or a movie or something to spent intimate time together not church.

I think she likes you but not like you like her, please save yourself for this you will get hurt. I have been you for 7 years. I started off like you, every time I stepped back he came forward hook,line and sinker and I was back then he cooled off this actually happened for 7 years its sad I know but I'm telling you they can keep you hanging if you allow it.
Wow....So....when/how do I confront her about her feelings? My gut is screaming at me, telling me that you are right.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
So convert her to a theist. Don't change religion to get with someone. Do it because you believe in it. Hell you don't have to convert her. If she wont date you because you are christian then move on.
I know myself well enough say that if anything, I would just keep making her think that I was into the whole church thing until she developed strong feelings for me. Thats when I would confront her about possibly not converting. That way if she really does like me, religion wouldn't be stopping her from getting to know me on a deeper level.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 PM

Don't bother. She knows how you feel by your actions. Your gut is right. Move on. Not being bitter just being real. She keeps you around for attention and peace of mind.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I know myself well enough say that if anything, I would just keep making her think that I was into the whole church thing until she developed strong feelings for me. Thats when I would confront her about possibly not converting. That way if she really does like me, religion wouldn't be stopping her from getting to know me on a deeper level.
That would make you a liar. You aren't interested in the church you are interested in her. Don't convert unless you believe in christianity. No need to lie to her.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
That would make you a liar. You aren't interested in the church you are interested in her. Don't convert unless you believe in christianity. No need to lie to her.
I never said I was converting. She originally invited me to church so that I could learn more about Christianity.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I never said I was converting. She originally invited me to church so that I could learn more about Christianity.
Are you really interested in converting for the sake of the religion?

Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,390 times
Quote:
Wow....So....when/how do I confront her about her feelings? My gut is screaming at me, telling me that you are right.
Your a wee star, don't forget it. You want someone who wants you enough that even if you didn't ask her out she'd ask you.

It depends how comfortable you are doing it in person or over the phone? If I where you I'd do it in person because you'd be able to see her reaction. Don't tell her anything she can use against you just say you like her and would she like to go on a date. If she says no then say that's fine and leave it alone dont tell her your disappointed as she could use it to keep you hanging. If she says no then forget it and move on. If she says yes then you arrange it then dont wait.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Are you really interested in converting for the sake of the religion?
Not in the least bit. No lying would be involved either because I never told her I was interested in possibly converting. All I ever said to her was that I would like to learn more about it to clear up any misconceptions. Also, I am a complete dumbass and forgot that when I asked her to lunch, she agreed and also invited me to church. I never followed up on either one of those....oops...and in the past 2 months, I have seen 4 invitations to wednesday+sunday programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships