Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:01 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,286,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figuremeout View Post
I later found out blondie had a boyfriend :P So that was a no-go. Sarah always answers my texts and calls, regardless of what its about.

Yeah, the other guy seemed to be really into the whole service. He also looked VERY uncomfortable. I did feel bad for him because she was paying him 0 attention. The reason I believe she means well is because she is one of those people who doesn't have a single enemy. If someone was upset with her, she would probably cry and apologize repeatedly without even knowing why they were upset. She is very outgoing, smiles all the time, and is sweet to everyone.

Just because you think she's sweet and innocent means nothing. Look what's she's done for the last 8 months! She's playing with you giving mixed signals. Being sweet and acting like she's into you then you ask her out she says no? That's crazy to me. She asked you to church then showed up with another guy!!the signs are all there do you want to stick about and be that guy who got no attention next time when she asks someone else to go? Also don't you think she texted the other guy after church and gave some innocent excuse to why she was ignoring him?

Think about it, what would you tell a friend if they where in your position?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 PM

245 posts, read 388,806 times
If she is into church, then her boyfriend must be also. If you are the same religion and you want to date her, then go to church with her, and ask her out in person.If she says "no", then move on. If you aren't her religion, then she won't ever be interested.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 PM

85 posts, read 98,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
If I were you I would leave this alone. It doesn't take 8 months to decide if you like someone or not the girl is playing games. She wants you their but not enough to be with you. She likes you or she wouldn't spend time with you but i think your more security and comfort than hot attraction that she has to have. Think about it if she really liked you how could she turn you down all this time. Could you do that to her? If I liked a guy I couldn't .

Your making yourself too available I'm not into playing games but there's nothing worse than knowing a guy will come when you call. If you don't want to leave this alone then try to be less available,don't call or text a lot and don't always respond straight away. Try not to get hurt.

I'm 25 and if I got asked out with a guy I liked I'd go, after 8 months I'd expect to be in a relationship with him, not trying to decide if I like him. And the whole religion thing? Seriously? If you want someone enough who cares what religion they are?

Good luck.
You are my subconscious. This is what it was telling me but I don't want to give up on it because I feel there is a chance; however, there is a problem with what you said. In those 8 months, we haven't been close in the least bit. We have been a margin over acquaintances, nothing more. I don't text her back fast(thats usually her doing the fast responses). In a previous post, I mentioned her deleting her Facebook over seeing an ex with another girl. That occurred in September. So maybe shes ready to move on? Because around that time, she started to really flirt with me and constantly invited me to church. and I just remembered that I left out a big part. I dated a girl she knew that is considered by most guys as attractive, and she saw us together a few times. She even came up to me and talked to me while i was sitting with her.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 PM

11,197 posts, read 9,221,108 times
Move on. She is a stage 5 teaser. LOL, she got jealous of Blondie. You could have develop a relationship with Blondie but she cackblocked you. Don't waste anymore time with this teaser.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Just because you think she's sweet and innocent means nothing. Look what's she's done for the last 8 months! She's playing with you giving mixed signals. Being sweet and acting like she's into you then you ask her out she says no? That's crazy to me. She asked you to church then showed up with another guy!!the signs are all there do you want to stick about and be that guy who got no attention next time when she asks someone else to go? Also don't you think she texted the other guy after church and gave some innocent excuse to why she was ignoring him?

Think about it, what would you tell a friend if they where in your position?
*Takes a deep breath*

Taking an unbiased approach to this, I would tell my friend the following:

If she really liked you, she wouldnt have turned you down in the first place. She may have been going through a breakup at that time(which is confirmed that she was) but I would say don't invest too much into this. I think she likes you, but she seems unsure. If you just give it a little more time, I think you can make a good decision to either stick around or ditch her. And she completely gave the guy an innocent excuse explaining why she was ignoring him. She probably said she was trying to make me feel comfortable because she invited me; therefore, she was responsible for my experience at church. She knows what she wants.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Move on. She is a stage 5 teaser. LOL, she got jealous of Blondie. You could have develop a relationship with Blondie but she cackblocked you. Don't waste anymore time with this teaser.
I forgot to add this vital info- I dated a girl she knew that went to the same church as her. She made a point of asking me if i was going to class that day and that she looks forward to seeing me right in front of her.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM

are you the same religion as her?

Old 12-30-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePew View Post
are you the same religion as her?
No, im a theist. Still wondering about stuff.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
No, im a theist. Still wondering about stuff.
If you're not a "christian" as i assume she is, then it's against her religion to marry someone who isn't. She's trying to see if you'll be a Christian, so she can date you. I'm very familiar with those types of people, so believe me that it matters very much if the person she is dating is christian. If you want to date her, you have to go to her church and be that religion.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,286,834 times
Quote:
You are my subconscious. This is what it was telling me but I don't want to give up on it because I feel there is a chance; however, there is a problem with what you said. In those 8 months, we haven't been close in the least bit. We have been a margin over acquaintances, nothing more. I don't text her back fast(thats usually her doing the fast responses). In a previous post, I mentioned her deleting her Facebook over seeing an ex with another girl. That occurred in September. So maybe shes ready to move on? Because around that time, she started to really flirt with me and constantly invited me to church. and I just remembered that I left out a big part. I dated a girl she knew that is considered by most guys as attractive, and she saw us together a few times. She even came up to me and talked to me while i was sitting with her.

I have a baby boy and if a girl did this to him I'd tell him the following:

You have wasted 8 months regardless of whether or not you've been close its still a long time. You know if your attracted to someone. If she was really into you she wouldn't be indecisive, she would want you in case someone else got you. Facebook issue, she didn't have to delete it all she had to do was take him off hers it's so simple. I think having you there giving her attention and flirting makes her feel better especially if she was hurting because of her ex. Your not second best so don't act like it, ask her straight if she likes you or not dont waste your time your young I'm sure they're plenty girls who would be happy to be with you.

And seriously I would not be impressed if a guy asked me to you to church!that is not cool. You go for dinner, or a movie or something to spent intimate time together not church.

I think she likes you but not like you like her, please save yourself for this you will get hurt. I have been you for 7 years. I started off like you, every time I stepped back he came forward hook,line and sinker and I was back then he cooled off this actually happened for 7 years its sad I know but I'm telling you they can keep you hanging if you allow it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships