Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM

85 posts, read 98,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Ok. So find another woman who likes you as much as you like her....and who doesn't make you wait. Mutual attraction is mutual attraction. Waiting wont change anything.
That's the thing. Its too soon to make any assumptions. Sure we have known eachother since April, but we didn't have a conversation about anything remotely serious until the very end of November. Thats when she accepted the lunch date and invited me to church. I never got back to her about both of those, so Its my fault they never happened. Now here we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 AM

burmp

Old 12-31-2012, 07:41 AM

491 posts, read 573,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figuremeout View Post
That's the thing. Its too soon to make any assumptions. Sure we have known eachother since April, but we didn't have a conversation about anything remotely serious until the very end of November. Thats when she accepted the lunch date and invited me to church. I never got back to her about both of those, so Its my fault they never happened. Now here we are.
Why weren't conversations serious till last month? Not gonna lie I think 8 months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a relationship just to START. And why did you turn down her lunch dates? Were you subconsciously angry with her making you wait and decided to get pay back? There is this myth going around that relationships will be stronger if people wait. If two people mutually like each other then there will be no confusion or wondering at all. 8 months is not too soon at all and the fact that she offered a date many months later makes you seem like a backup plan.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Why weren't conversations serious till last month? Not gonna lie I think 8 months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a relationship just to START. And why did you turn down her lunch dates? Were you subconsciously angry with her making you wait and decided to get pay back? There is this myth going around that relationships will be stronger if people wait. If two people mutually like each other then there will be no confusion or wondering at all. 8 months is not too soon at all and the fact that she offered a date many months later makes you seem like a backup plan.
There is no more confusion. I was rejected. Have a happy new years.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,187,746 times
I don't know why there was confusion in the first place.

She wasn't stringing you along or playing games or trying to convert you so you are the perfect partner, she was being your casual friend, nothing more. It was quite clear to me based on your description...I'm not sure why you chose to read more into it??

Next time, if you ask someone out and they decline (with a valid reason)...try once more. If they still aren't making time for you, they aren't interested in dating you.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I don't know why there was confusion in the first place.

She wasn't stringing you along or playing games or trying to convert you so you are the perfect partner, she was being your casual friend, nothing more. It was quite clear to me based on your description...I'm not sure why you chose to read more into it??

Next time, if you ask someone out and they decline (with a valid reason)...try once more. If they still aren't making time for you, they aren't interested in dating you.
I appreciate the advice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships