Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,245,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think it is an issue of self worth.

Too often women will have sex to GET the guy, because she doesn't feel she has worth to get a guy without it.

But overall, I really don't disagree with you.
I agree with you overall in this discussion. I've never understood this whole stigma about women giving it up to early or the 90-day rule crap. It's the type of mentality that makes it seem that the only reason any guy would be interested in a women is because she didn't give it up to early. It has nothing to do with her personality or attitude it's just that she didn't give it up easily so she's automatically a keeper.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:53 PM

48,709 posts, read 35,196,678 times
Ex weighed in...

"No man EVER gets it for free no matter what he thinks. There is a toll to be paid."

My response:

"True. For both parties."

"Women have it easy." "I hear air raid horns..."

"Yes. You do."

Old 05-26-2012, 06:57 PM

52,446 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I agree with you overall in this discussion. I've never understood this whole stigma about women giving it up to early or the 90-day rule crap. It's the type of mentality that makes it seem that the only reason any guy would be interested in a women is because she didn't give it up to early. It has nothing to do with her personality or attitude it's just that she didn't give it up easily so she's automatically a keeper.
Are you a man???

I agree she isn't automatically a keeper just cause she makes you work a bit...

Do you really want the town pump???

Look... I'm as liberal as they come.. in certain situations... I'm just speaking the truth..... no man wants a woman that was say a prostitute....

If you say otherwise you're full of shyt.....

Old 05-26-2012, 07:03 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,767,443 times
Quote:

well I disagree with you, it says volumes about someone's personality either way.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:08 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,245,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Are you a man???

I agree she isn't automatically a keeper just cause she makes you work a bit...

Do you really want the town pump???

Look... I'm as liberal as they come.. in certain situations... I'm just speaking the truth..... no man wants a woman that was say a prostitute....

If you say otherwise you're full of shyt.....
Calm down Chow jeez.

I read your other post about what men think of women who give it up to them too easily. The keyword being to them, meaning that there's absolutely no guarantee that she's been getting around.

Because it's merely an assumption made by said guys, if you have great chemistry with a woman and are really into each other does it really matter how soon you guys have sex?

I'm a guy too but in this day and age if guys are waiting around for a pure and innocent flower to commit to well they are going to be waiting for a long time.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:16 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'll answer. It's the same as what I said above. It's about family. Friends come and go, lovers come and go, family can be different than that. The legalities around marriage aren't such a big deal for everyone. Be it a sanctioned partnership by the gov or not. What I can say ime as a married woman and as someone who has lived with a few men in the past in partnerships, is that the commitment for me is much greater. Being legally bound and responsible for another person is a big deall. I had a past relationship of 4-5 years. I wasn't concerned about his retirement. I didn't know who his doctors or dentist was. I wasn't concerned about his cholesterol levels or how much beer he was drinking. I didn't care if he sent his mother a mother's day card nor did I go any great lengths to extend myself for his family. All that stuff goes along with being family/married. Again, that's just me. I'm sure there are folk are married without the legalities of it.

Again, this goes back to the point of you can have that same family without having to sign those papers. What part of that don't you understand? If you need to be legally married to prove your committed or to "know who their doctor or dentist is" or "their retirement" that's you.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:18 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin2012 View Post
And some women wonder why they can't get a man to committ to marriage....
This.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:19 PM

52,446 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Calm down Chow jeez.

I read your other post about what men think of women who give it up to them too easily. The keyword being to them, meaning that there's absolutely no guarantee that she's been getting around.

Because it's merely an assumption made by said guys, if you have great chemistry with a woman and are really into each other does it really matter how soon you guys have sex?

I'm a guy too but in this day and age if guys are waiting around for a pure and innocent flower to commit to well they are going to be waiting for a long time.
I agree with you on the bolded part..... I meant purely in "general" terms... I understand people have connections and have sex quickly... I'm not oblivious to this... look... I"m a grown man... I know the deal.

Matter of fact, Mrs. Chow and I had sex pretty early on, and we've been together 20 yrs, this coming July.

My comments, like I said, were generalities.....

Exceptions do apply... as in all areas of life....

Old 05-26-2012, 08:25 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Again, this goes back to the point of you can have that same family without having to sign those papers. What part of that don't you understand? If you need to be legally married to prove your committed or to "know who their doctor or dentist is" or "their retirement" that's you.
Your wants do not change the fact that the vast majority do not have the same family without the legalities. I don't know why you cannot wrap your brain around this reality. It shouldn't be so shocking for you. That's not to say there are never exceptions, although I don't know why you think any guy could be that exception.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:10 AM

16,074 posts, read 28,653,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This doesn't really make a lot of sense, though. If you're living together, the "milk" isn't anymore "free" than it would be if you were married.

Many men would be intensely turned off by a woman "assertive" (read: perceived as domineering and/or clingy) enough to propose marriage.
What doesn't make sense.... getting married isn't important to everyone, but if it is, living together doesn't necessarily lead to marriage.

Your getting the benefits of cohabitating (or maybe not), with no real commitment.

Of course.....they'd be perceived as a "pushy alpha female". Shrugs, I'm not about to judge, whatever works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships