Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 04:41 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,707,634 times

Advertisements

some people marry the cow even if its free, because they love the cow and can't live without it...and some people don't buy the cow simply because what difference if they buy it, they will still get it for free.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:18 PM

37,808 posts, read 46,333,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
You may not want to believe it, but it isn't widely used, at least not amongst young people. I have never in real life encountered as much sexism as there is on this board, I've never encountered any actually. Stick your tongue out all you want, but it is out of context today. No breath holding necessary.
Wishful thinking and limited experience.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:25 PM

52,446 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
"...if you are getting the milk for free?"

I have seen people use this expression in a few threads recently and it baffles me because, while I understand what my grandmother meant by it (sexist and offensive to me even 30 years ago), it seems so out of context for today. What on earth does it mean for today's relationships, young, old, gay, straight?

Who is "the cow" and what, exactly, is "the milk" these days?
Well, my take on is that since a lot of women don't appear to value themselves in terms of making men "chase" them. The milk doesn't seem to have the same value... IDK.

The animal kingdom, the females make the men work for the "opportunity" to mate.

Yes, I know... this sounds like a conservative "prude" thing to say. I just mean it in the sense that, I don't really care how we slice it... men don't like it if a woman "gives" is up too quickly........ yeah, he may like it at the moment... but most likely he's not gonna think of her as a keeper.

Kinda sad in a sense.. but I think at the heart of it... men and women... were still animals... at some level......

Yeah, just get the name right in the nasty reps......

Old 05-26-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
But that has always been the case since the dawn of time, for men AND women.
Well of course it has. And like other posters mentioned...there is the pig/sausage saying as well. It's just a saying...intended to be humorous. I don't get the confusion.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,492,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, my take on is that since a lot of women don't appear to value themselves in terms of making men "chase" them. The milk doesn't seem to have the same value... IDK.

The animal kingdom, the females make the men work for the "opportunity" to mate.

Yes, I know... this sounds like a conservative "prude" thing to say. I just mean it in the sense that, I don't really care how we slice it... men don't like it if a woman "gives" is up too quickly........ yeah, he may like it at the moment... but most likely he's not gonna think of her as a keeper.

Kinda sad in a sense.. but I think at the heart of it... men and women... were still animals... at some level......

Thank you. A lot of women of CD just want to say things they think will make them "cool", but refuse to face reality.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:

You worded it much better that I.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM

770 posts, read 1,181,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wishful thinking and limited experience.
OK. The wishful thinking definitely isn't on my part. Welcome to 2012. Catch-up.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM

48,709 posts, read 35,196,678 times
Quote:

Meh. There is truth in this.

I don't play hard to get... I AM hard to get. Not in a entitled princess-y way.... I just have no interest in spending time on bad dates... so there is a lot of communication beforehand.

I just don't believe in withholding the milk in order to get something else (like commitment). And that's what is being said... don't give him the milk because he has no reason to buy you!!!!

That seems to say my value is only between my legs. And that just ain't the case.

I believe in sexual equality. And telling women if she is sexual no man will marry (buy) her is absurd.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 PM

52,446 posts, read 52,990,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Thank you. A lot of women of CD just want to say things they think will make them "cool", but refuse to face reality.
Possibly... I'm not a female.. So I can't comment on that part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You worded it much better that I.
Gracias... or thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Meh. There is truth in this.

I don't play hard to get... I AM hard to get. Not in a entitled princess-y way.... I just have no interest in spending time on bad dates... so there is a lot of communication beforehand.

I just don't believe in withholding the milk in order to get something else (like commitment). And that's what is being said... don't give him the milk because he has no reason to buy you!!!!

That seems to say my value is only between my legs. And that just ain't the case.

I believe in sexual equality. And telling women if she is sexual no man will marry (buy) her is absurd.
I like the not in a princess-y way... good phrasing.... No, there is much more value to a woman than what is between her legs...

I believe in sexual equality as well. I think if a woman wants to "have a good" time, fine... I'm all up for it.

The point I was making is that really... at the end of the day... a man wants to feel like he's special.. in a sense.. its sorta ego based... his thinking is that if he has to work a bit... that maybe he's a little more important to her then the next guy.

The message women give when they have sex way to early is that... if she's boning me... shes boning every one...... hence.... I'm not important.....

This only really applies if a woman is looking to become married...

In my humble opinion, of course....

Old 05-26-2012, 06:01 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Let me correct that for you:

"Our culture, to a degree, subsidizes laziness."
It's true and the consequences are reflected in many areas, not just marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships