Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:48 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,872,132 times

Advertisements

I'm sure people assume I'm the "G-word" because I'm still single and not seeking like I did, God forbid that I just prefer nice, comfortable, solitude over a stressful relationship.

Seriously, does thinking outside the box hard for most people? Or is it just easy to follow the herd mentality? It's no wonder anyone I know with a brain feels miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,648,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm pretty much 95% straight, I think, and I don't think I give off a 'gay' vibe. One time, however, my friend said that his brother thought I was gay when he first met me. He didn't explain why, just said that I seemed a little gay. I don't dress up much, don't have a 'gay accent', although I do like musicals and culture, lol...That friend is/was bi-curious himself and I would say he gave off a slightly gay vibe. Maybe the fact we met on a dating site - strictly as friends (yes, you can use dating sites for that) - might have added to that perception. Actually when we first met he sent me a text saying 'you're sexy' which confused me, I asked him about it and he just said he was joking. I still wonder about that.

Anyway, since then he says his man-loving days are 'over.' Now he dates a string of Japanese women (he has a Japanese fetish but his white) and constantly talks about the details of his sex life. I think he's that's pretty much what's on his mind a lot of the time.

Have you ever been mistaken/thought of as being gay before?
Yup, happens all the time

Actually had to hit a guy who tried to get real touchy feely with me and didnt understand "no" meant no. Almost got charged with a hate crime cuz of it

Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,331,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Yup, happens all the time

Actually had to hit a guy who tried to get real touchy feely with me and didnt understand "no" meant no. Almost got charged with a hate crime cuz of it
Yes sexual harrassment is the same whether to a woman or a man.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,531,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinaround1 View Post
I was "mistaken" for gay long before i realized i was! LOL. Seriously, I am not joking when I tell you that I don't know what city you are in but you need to be at the gay pride festival that im sure it will have sometime between now and the end of the summer. There will be lots of straight women there, lots of lesbians, and LOTS of gay men there. You can figure out whats going on with you there.
You totally and completely missed the joke I made...

He has Poison, White Snake and other hair bands in his record collection. The joke I was making is that those mark him as gay above and beyond anything else he posted.

I'm not gay and even if I were the nearest pride rally is probably 700 or so miles from me in Anchorage.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,648,570 times
People don't necessarily think I am gay but I get hit on a lot by gay men. I could be in a section of the city that's not known for it's gay population and gay men will aggressively pursue me. I take it as a compliment though because they tend to have good taste in men.

I did have one girl who thought I was because thought I was too "pretty" to be straight.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM

399 posts, read 583,581 times
I thought you were unknowingly gay Trimac. Maybe even bisexual. Sometimes you give me the vibe that you're not particularly fond of women and seem to indirectly compete with them or judge them the way women who are "catty" or compare themselves to other women do. That was the vibe I got from you. Sometimes you struck me as someone who'd be willing to compete with a woman over looks, a man who kinda wants a woman to pay for you and kinda "take care" of you.

You come off as the "pretty boy".

I hope I didn't sound harsh. Just the vibe I got when i read your post.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:06 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,331,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
I thought you were unknowingly gay Trimac. Maybe even bisexual. Sometimes you give me the vibe that you're not particularly fond of women and seem to indirectly compete with them or judge them the way women who are "catty" or compare themselves to other women do. That was the vibe I got from you. Sometimes you struck me as someone who'd be willing to compete with a woman over looks, a man who kinda wants a woman to pay for you and kinda "take care" of you.

You come off as the "pretty boy".

I hope I didn't sound harsh. Just the vibe I got when i read your post.
I did a test that said my brain was 50% male, and 50% female, although I'm straight, have a lot of conventionally male interests (more nerdy things like geography and history, some sports, not so into say cars). I do like to be 'taken care of' to an extent, although I'd also like to take care of a gal. I just like things to be more equal. Maybe my brain has some similarities to trans/gay people? I think I'm sure that way inclined compared to many fellas.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:10 PM

399 posts, read 583,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I did a test that said my brain was 50% male, and 50% female, although I'm straight, have a lot of conventionally male interests (more nerdy things like geography and history, some sports, not so into say cars). I do like to be 'taken care of' to an extent, although I'd also like to take care of a gal. I just like things to be more equal. Maybe my brain has some similarities to trans/gay people? I think I'm sure that way inclined compared to many fellas.
Yeah that's more stereotypes though (men love cars, history, geography). But it's more your overall questions, the things you post. It's like you're indirectly comparing yourself to women through the line of questioning.

Not asking you to stop. Keep on keeping on.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM

749 posts, read 841,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I am 1,000% straight. Strictly dickly! (I'm a woman, if you can't tell

People think I'm a lesbian all the time. I have to convince them I'm not and it's REALLY getting old. I have a female roommate (seperate rooms, absolutely no attraction whatsoever!) who I hang out with a lot, and for some reason people always think she's my partner. I hate it!
The latest from the LGBT handbook is that over 80% of straight people who are often mistaken for gay, are in fact gay!

Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 PM

26,713 posts, read 41,946,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soilworker1986 View Post
Dissenter, I know how you feel, except I'm 26 and have never had a GF. Well, I had one freshmen year of high school, but I don't really count that. Anyway, I've been lucky enough to have never been asked to my face if I'm gay, but I'm pretty sure my parents have discussed behind my back a few times. I dunno, human society really sucks ass sometimes.
You've been more fortunate than I have. I had a girl at a past job who bellowed that I was gay to the high heavens just because she never saw a single black guy who dressed well, (job was a bank teller so you dress up ), talked in proper english mostly, and showered every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships